Faces by grace #15 The gowl in the dirty towel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“The non painted nails” - are you for real? You do realise woman are born with natural, pink coloured nails? Would you say the same to a man about his toenails? What a load of BS 😂. Reminds of those who complain woman who don’t wear makeup to work look “unprofessional” 🙄
She had chipped polish on her hands, she was gifted a load of polishes last week she could have at least removed the old polish before recording the video, ie her job as a beauty blogger or whatever she is this week. They were very dirty and unhygienic looking .

I don't wear make up, which I buy myself, on the days I don't work and probably wont wear any for the next 6 weeks I'm out of work but I take a bit of pride in my appearance and make sure I'm clean and groomed at all times.

Reactions: 29
Greasy’s tan video looks like my dog made it (and she’s not terribly bright). In contrast, have you seen m.rbeauty’s ad for SoSu dripping shite tan? It’s cheesy, fun and showcases the product really well, unlike somebody else we love to talk about

Reactions: 5
“The non painted nails” - are you for real? You do realise woman are born with natural, pink coloured nails? Would you say the same to a man about his toenails? What a load of BS 😂. Reminds of those who complain woman who don’t wear makeup to work look “unprofessional” 🙄
If you’re flogging beauty products, you look the part. Simples.

Reactions: 35
A woman not wearing nail varnish on her toenails is not unkempt, untidy or unprofessional. Simples.
Scuffed nail polish and tan applied like Ronseal on a fence isn’t a good look for someone selling a beauty product.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
We are not saying she needs to wear nail varnish to be professional- au natural is perfect too. But it’s one or the other! Fix your chipped nail polish, exfoliate your skin before doing a tannin’ chewtorial and have your ducks in a row!! You wouldn’t go to a job interview with sauce all over your shirt.... Your being paid to provide a professional service, and our Gracey is anything but professional.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Scuffed nail polish and tan applied like Ronseal on a fence isn’t a good look for someone selling a beauty product.
Working retail I'd be reprimanded for having nails like that. Like honestly, you're selling a bleeping product and you are a representative of that brand...She's TRYING to sell a lifestyle to people but who would want it.

Reactions: 29
You specifically referenced her not wearing nail varnish on her toes, as did a few others, which I thought was extremely weird and which is why I commented. I am not talking about her chipped nails on her hand which is a complete separate point.

Reactions: 6
Just watched her tan tutorial there. this is random but lads she doesn't blink!! It's all I could focus on 😂 there was something creepy about her face and I realised she doesn't feckin blink 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Question re the product - there's the blur and the lotion. What's the difference between them and how do you use them? She failed to give any product detail.

Reactions: 12
Do you genuinely think that this is a professional way to carry yourself in a PAID campaign ? Not even bothering to fix your nails with one of you many gifted polishes?

This is a paid job... have a bit of respect for the brand that's paying you

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
If was more the chipped nails as opposed to the non painted ones. Either paint over or take off - 10 seconds like!

A woman not wearing nail varnish on her toenails is not unkempt, untidy or unprofessional. Simples.
I think you’re missing the whole point!!

Working retail I'd be reprimanded for having nails like that. Like honestly, you're selling a bleeping product and you are a representative of that brand...She's TRYING to sell a lifestyle to people but who would want it.
Not only that but I would feel so conscious with chipped nails If I was using my hands ! It’s happened obviously! But when you are planning to record a video or contenh.. and you have all week to plan (she was talking about it for days) and you know you are going to be scrutinised, you’d surely lash the polish on over the chipped bits !!

Reactions: 15
Do you genuinely think that this is a professional way to carry yourself in a PAID campaign ? Not even bothering to fix your nails with one of you many gifted polishes?

This is a paid job... have a bit of respect for the brand that's paying you
A paid tanning job!! It’s not an ad for Essie like 😂😂 so obviously nails aren’t priority as she’s not paid to show her nails...

Reactions: 4
A paid tanning job!! It’s not an ad for Essie like 😂😂 so obviously nails aren’t priority as she’s not paid to show her nails...
I think the point everyone is getting at is that it’s classic grace to be scruffy and put no effort in what so ever. It’s not that I’d expect her to have her nails perfect but I think if you are selling beauty and selling a beauty brand that your appearance is an important part of that. I get people’s point that women are often considered unprofessional if they don’t wear make up etc.. And that’s bullshit but that’s not the point her. The point is her job is to show these beauty products and she’s always scruffy, half arsed and does the bare minimum. The chipped nails are prime example. it was a tanning video so grace did the bare minimum and badly showed the tan instead of selling the whole concept of how the tan can transform you from scruffy to polished. she’s scruffy in the before and after! Just my take on it.

Reactions: 34
I think the point everyone is getting at is that it’s classic grace to be scruffy and put no effort in what so ever. It’s not that I’d expect her to have her nails perfect but I think if you are selling beauty and selling a beauty brand that your appearance is an important part of that. I get people’s point that women are often considered unprofessional if they don’t wear make up etc.. And that’s bullshit but that’s not the point her. The point is her job is to show these beauty products and she’s always scruffy, half arsed and does the bare minimum. The chipped nails are prime example. it was a tanning video so grace did the bare minimum and badly showed the tan instead of selling the whole concept of how the tan can transform you from scruffy to polished. she’s scruffy in the before and after! Just my take on it.
Completely agree and would also add that influencers are always saying this is the new way of advertising for companies. If you saw an advert for this brand in a magazine or on TV and the models hair was shoved up on her head and her nail polish was chipped would you not say the brand was unprofessional putting forward that image. There is standards in advertising and grace is no where near that standard.

Reactions: 26
So once again breaking lockdown guidelines to market coffee. None of their locations are within 5k and she certainly is not classed as an essential worker. So why the duck is she there.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Completely agree and would also add that influencers are always saying this is the new way of advertising for companies. If you saw an advert for this brand in a magazine or on TV and the models hair was shoved up on her head and her nail polish was chipped would you not say the brand was unprofessional putting forward that image. There is standards in advertising and grace is no where near that standard.
Yeah - its like if a model was on Ireland AM with greasy hair - shes there to sell clothes but everything feeds into your appearance. And to be so sloppy about your appearance whilst promoting something people use to look/feel better is mixed messaging and if i had a product Id expect more

Reactions: 18
She’s going to state she was out buying groceries or takeaway as guidelines state you can travel outside the 5km for them purposes she’s a 🐍

Reactions: 9
So..if you were in boots or arnotts and a girl working there was trying to sell you a product.
. And her nails were like that.. hair all over the gaf... youd be influenced to buy that product ? Pull the 0ther one...
Thats my last point with you as you will obviously say yes of course I'd buy that product ... 💅

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.