Extreme Fatigue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the past two nearly three weeks fatigue has been taking over my life. I sleep well at night, I take vitamins and supplements. I am needing to nap 1-2X a day just to get through and I’m so unmotivated to do anything I feel like it’s starting to ruin my life.
I’ve had all my bloods taken, just waiting for results. Other than energy drinks (yuck) I dont know what I can do? Any ideas?

Hope you get to the bottom of it. I was similar a few years back, totally exhausted all the time. I was diagnosed with a B12 deficiency and once they started loading me up with B12 I started to feel better pretty fast. I am on 8 weekly B12 injections now.

Reactions: 1
Stay away from energy drinks, they do nothing positive for your body.

go to the doctor, no point waiting for it to resolve itself, it could be any number of things, it could be B12 or iron, it could also be thyroid related.

if it’s
I am needing to nap 1-2X a day just to get through and I’m so unmotivated to do anything I feel like it’s starting to ruin my life.
this extreme you won’t find answers here, you need a professional.
if you don’t want to make a doctors appointment visit your local chemist and they will advise you to.....go to a doctor 😂

I know nothing about herbal remedies but I don’t think you should do anything before you get any medical issues ruled out.

• Heart
Ask for a blood test. It could be any number of things... vitamin b12 deficiency, iron deficiency, vitamin d deficiency, menopause (age dependent), thyroid

Thanks! I’ve had a ton of bloods taken I’m just waiting for the results! I don’t know why I posted I guess I’m just desperate 😂

How do you feel within yourself? I have found when my mood is low I feel unmotivated making me think I’m sleepy.
I do find myself a lot sleepier than people at work so probably have some deficiency which I’ve never taken seriously

magnesium has also helped me in the past (helps your mood and sleep better) may have been placebo

Reactions: 5
How do you feel within yourself? I have found when my mood is low I feel unmotivated making me think I’m sleepy.
I do find myself a lot sleepier than people at work so probably have some deficiency which I’ve never taken seriously

magnesium has also helped me in the past (helps your mood and sleep better) may have been placebo
Thanks I’ll have a look at Magnesium.
I’m okay in myself just fed up that I’m so tired all the tome
Are you experiencing any other symptoms?
Not particularly, my hair does fall out quite a bit but it always has - I have noticed recently it’s pretty much receeded away in the corners of my temples embarrassingly enough!

I had a similar experinece with fatigue and started taking Feroglobin however, I am not a Dr and would wait and see what your bloods say.

No judgement but I would ditch the energy drinks and make sure you are drinking enough water.

Hope you get it resolved soon 😊

So low mood can cause this, you might not even know you are feeling a little depressed.
Also I find that eating clean helps. This means cutting out sugar. You’d be surprised all the things you eat and drink on a daily basis that contain added sugar. I eat clean for about a week and you can immediately feel the difference

My fatigue was due to an underactive thyroid gland
I also had other symptoms such as constipation and weight gain particularly round the middle.

Reactions: 2
My fatigue was due to an underactive thyroid gland
I also had other symptoms such as constipation and weight gain particularly round the middle.
So glad you found out what was going on. My mum also has this and my OH have an overactive one. This will easily be sorted with medication and diet if it's bad

Thank you!
My bloods have all come back normal (FBC, thyroid, iron, b12) - so I’m no clearer.. got an appointment next week and go from there I guess; although relieved it’s normal I’m frustrated because it feels like there’s no “fix” 😕

Research fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 5 years ago but took a while.

Reactions: 2
Thank you!
My bloods have all come back normal (FBC, thyroid, iron, b12) - so I’m no clearer.. got an appointment next week and go from there I guess; although relieved it’s normal I’m frustrated because it feels like there’s no “fix” 😕
I had this for a fair few years, all bloods ok but not improvement on my fatigue. Eventually my doctor ran more tests and I was diagnosed with low folate and prescribed 5mg folic acid. It changed my life! I couldn’t believe the difference. Worth a try?

Thank you!
Research fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 5 years ago but took a while.
Also look into me/cfs. Took me a long long time to get diagnosed after a lot of tests ans them all coming back clear. I did have other symptoms too but you might just suffering with the tiredness.
It’s a lifestyle change, CBT and lots of research to come to terms with it and understand. I have some good days/weeks and then can crash and burn for a while!
Also, some doctors have never diagnosed or come across this condition before so they bypass it and try to pass it off as something else. Some even don’t think it’s an illness and say it’s all in your head but it’s 1000000% not!! i hope you get some answers soon, it’s honestly one of the worst things to suffer with and pretend like everything is fine and no one really understand!
Even my husband struggles to understand how I’m so tired all the time and how I cope 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Thank you!
Glad the bloods they took came back normal, not that it helps you. Did they test your vitamin D levels?

@JellyWobbles take a close read of your results yourself.

I say this because I was similarly fatigued and my blood tests came back fine so there was no follow up with the doctor. However I was still struggling so contacted the doctor. Turns out my iron was low but just within the normal range so it wasn’t flagged. The doctor said everyone is different so normal has to taken with a pinch of salt.

There are iron tablets you can buy off prescription but OTC. Far stronger than supplements you buy off the shelf. One packet of those (ferrous fumarate) and I was back to normal. Obviously go by your doctor’s advice but it’s ok to question how they are interpreting the test results as the solution might be right there.