Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
It's a struggle but I take my eldest swimming, football tots and some creative playgroup thing.
Honestly it's a military operation to get him to places on time.
I think stretching ourselves thin is the part noone tells you about before you have kids.

Reactions: 5

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Working Parents/ caregivers. What extra curricular activities do you get your children doing and how often? I’m really struggling with the time and attention to get to things with my children and feel like they may be missing out...
Ballet/Tap, swimming and football for my five year old. It’s a challenge and we have grandparents supporting as we both work full time.

Two of the classes are after school and one is at the weekend so these are weekly. We’ll go to the odd art or story class when there’s something we’re interested in is on.

We do the activities as we can fit it into our lifestyle but I wouldn’t put yourself under pressure or feel stressed to have them involved in activities unless it’s something they’re really pushing for. From my limited experience of kids the amount of activities they’re enrolled in doesn’t necessarily equate to them doing well as often things like meals round a table and quality family time gets sacrificed to keep up appearances with the mum brigade. Do what you reasonably can without sacrificing your wellbeing, your kids routines and quality family time as ultimately these are the most important things. It’s better to do one or two things well than three or four things poorly. Best of luck x

Reactions: 4

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
My eldest used to do an activity almost every evening but after I became pregnant with my second I had to cut them down it all became too much. He used to do swimming, multi sports, street dance and archery. He just goes to an art club now once a week. My youngest will start swimming next year I think which will also just be once a week. I just don't have the time or energy to be going to multiple places

Reactions: 4

No style rocky

nothing! we both work full time and dont have family close by to help with after school care so our son goes to after school club each day. By the time we get home we’re all knackered. I do feel guilty but I guess it is what it is. I do plan to sign him up to a boxing club when he reaches age 10 🙏

Reactions: 3

KateESJ

VIP Member
My oldest son did both gymnastics and toddler football for a while as a toddler.

My daughter is 4 in April and she does gymnastics. I was going to get both kids (her and my youngest who is 12 months) in swimming during the summer as I think it's a good skill to have but I also can't really afford it. I take them both to the free events at the library when I can.

Homesweethomesweethome

How about activities you can do with your kids? Eg bouldering or rock climbing.

As a kid, I tried various things, but my favorite thing was to be at home with my mum.
I was one of those kids who would have rather had been at home but was out 3-4x a week.
I’d rather do the one thing for each of them then use the time we do have to have family time/ cooking, baking together etc

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Just swimming once a week. If they wanted to do any other after school clubs I would take them but they prefer to come home.

Reactions: 2

Noname12345

Chatty Member
How about activities you can do with your kids? Eg bouldering or rock climbing.

As a kid, I tried various things, but my favorite thing was to be at home with my mum.

Auntsally

My two have done swimming lessons once a week for the last 6 years or so. (We're nearly at the end of this now). I can't afford to do any other clubs until they finish this once (and so far they've been happy to continue all the way through the stages). They do an occasional after school club once a week for 8 weeks at a time. But that's it.

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
My twins do quite a few activities (neither are in school yet) and our baby is even signed up to stuff but as soon as they say they don’t want to continue, they can stop. At the moment we have:

Mini Mozart
Baby Ballet
Gymnastics
Swimming
Little Kickers
Ice Skating
Piano

Reactions: 1

Jc456

VIP Member
Mine do ballet and swimming. They used to do tap and jazz too but the teacher moved the lessons and it was too late. May look into rainbows/brownies.

Reactions: 1

Homesweethomesweethome

Working Parents/ caregivers. What extra curricular activities do you get your children doing and how often? I’m really struggling with the time and attention to get to things with my children and feel like they may be missing out...