Everything I know about love

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say, the lady this was based on in real life must be mighty pissed off at being created as such an annoying, inflexible twit in this dramatisation.

(And that’s not be throwing shade on the actor… no way. The character is just so ARGH).
didn't Dolly help with the writing of it?

I really liked it! Loved the scene where they are dancing to Kylie Minogue in the club and Maggie realises that she and Birdy are drifting - great scene! Thought some scenes were a bit OTT though like when she paid £150 to get a taxi to Liverpool to go to a party at like midnight

Reactions: 9
Its made me quite sad, the flashbacks of 00s childhood. I lost my school friend at 19 because I was partying all the time and was a tit friend to them. They cut me out and I've never really made lasting close friendships ever since. Its really hit home with me and I see alot of myself in Maggie.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just finished episode 2, really enjoying it! I haven’t read the book, so nothing to compare it to.

It’s my era too, really reminds me of living with my girl friends in uni, so much nostalgia!! I’m guessing heirs and graces is made in Chelsea? 🤣 we loved watching this in uni!

Reactions: 4
Yeh I'm guessing airs and graces is Chelsea too. I like Jill halfpenny in it. I'm watching classic corrie also and she's had a good career for a ex corrie really hasn't she. Pops up in alot.

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed this series, it reminded me of the show Girls. Although I have never lived with a group of friends and had my first child at 24, I still found some scenes quite relatable as I went out clubbing pretty much every weekend from 18-23. Birdy leaving the girls to go see her boyfriend, had a friend of a friend who did that a lot, sometimes she wouldn’t even tell us she was leaving, she would just disappear!

Reactions: 3
I love the outfits Maggie wears! All the glitter and fake fur. It’s such a vibe!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeh I had my first baby at 21 in 2011, its kinda making me wonder what I missed. But at the same time I tried going uni in Leeds and couldn't stick it out, and returned to my small town. Hated the "uni" lot and couldn't find my tribe. Enjoying the fashion but think some of the references are abit too modern.

I haven't watched it but my Mum who is in her 60s has been watching it and she is enjoying it which made me giggle. She said there's a lot of sex 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m not from the UK so I wasn’t already familiar with the book. I went in blind and really liked the show - it felt authentic and definitely reminded me of so many situations from my early 20s.

I really liked it! Loved the scene where they are dancing to Kylie Minogue in the club and Maggie realises that she and Birdy are drifting - great scene! Thought some scenes were a bit OTT though like when she paid £150 to get a taxi to Liverpool to go to a party at like midnight
This is actually in the book but Dolly goes back to her uni town I think. I cant fully remember. It wasnt Liverpool though. Got a feeling its Exeter.

Sorry late reply. Just finished the tv show today and the ending? Was really abrupt I felt.

Also is Birdie = Farley? Id be mega pissed off if I was Farley with the tv adaptation.

I couldn’t believe that was the last show I went to watch the next one and was like oh it’s finished 😂

Reactions: 1
Really enjoyed it. Didn’t know about it before it popped up as a suggestion on a streaming service so didn’t know the storyline or anything.
Saw a bit of my younger self in all of the characters and desperately want to take a photo of Maggie to my hairdresser now.

Can anyone tell me who plays Maggie’s Mum? I can’t place her but she seems so familiar!
Sophie Thompson, Emma’s sister 😂

I’ve just finished it - loved it! Haven’t read the book but have bought it to read on holiday next week! I’m almost 48 so Obviously MUCH older than the characters but can relate - we all had that friend who dropped us as soon as they got a boyfriend/got married 😳