Everything I know about love

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only noticed episode 2 is on tonight on BBC one missed episode one and don’t have access to the iplayer in my country. Is anyone watching it online anywhere bar the iplayer?

I’m enjoying it but if I didn’t know it was based on the book then I’d never guess. It’s so different, why have they called her Maggie instead of Dolly?!

Reactions: 2
I loved the series! Really made me laugh and found it quite relatable in a way, especially with Birdie & the feelings towards the boyfriend.

Need to read the book.

I always find it mad how people can all watch the same thing and have such different opinions!

I couldn’t get through the first episode. I read the book and quite liked it but I just found it too wooden and hated Birdy so much, couldn’t get on with it at all.

Reactions: 7
I always find it mad how people can all watch the same thing and have such different opinions!

I couldn’t get through the first episode. I read the book and quite liked it but I just found it too wooden and hated Birdy so much, couldn’t get on with it at all.
same! i liked the book a lot but i feel like a lot of the wit and emotion has gone from it - i get that dolly maybe didn’t want it to be herself on screen but turning it into a fictionalised version didn’t quite work for me.

i hated birdy too 🤣

Reactions: 1
I managed to find all episodes online, had watched episode 2 on BBC one so just watched from episode three on. Ended up binge watching the other episodes last night and I loved it. Not a fan of birdy either, disliked her the more the episodes went on.

I really liked this as a whole but like everyone else found Birdy annoying, I mean who leaves a girls night to go and be with the boring boyfriend?

Reactions: 6
Binge watched all this today. Really enjoyed it but hated the ending?

Read the book and loved that. Nothing like this programme though

Reactions: 3
I think they’ve done well in balancing being faithful to the book and the dramatised adaptation for telly.

I have a love/hate relationship with DA; most things she writes or podcasts I really REALLY enjoy, but I can’t shake that she’s part of a very ubiquitous circle of backslapping upper middle class women who’s quotes appear on one another’s books (see: Daisy Buchanan/Pandora Sykes).

But I really enjoyed this, even if I felt the ending was a little flat.

Tell you what though, there’s enough DNA there for Nell and Amara to have their own spin-off series. Nell was my favourite.

Reactions: 9
Really enjoyed it. Didn’t know about it before it popped up as a suggestion on a streaming service so didn’t know the storyline or anything.
Saw a bit of my younger self in all of the characters and desperately want to take a photo of Maggie to my hairdresser now.

Can anyone tell me who plays Maggie’s Mum? I can’t place her but she seems so familiar!

Really enjoyed it. Didn’t know about it before it popped up as a suggestion on a streaming service so didn’t know the storyline or anything.
Saw a bit of my younger self in all of the characters and desperately want to take a photo of Maggie to my hairdresser now.

Can anyone tell me who plays Maggie’s Mum? I can’t place her but she seems so familiar!
Sophie Thompson

• Heart
I'm enjoying it, I'm 33 now so I guessing its aimed at my age group. Although I had a 1 year old at 24 and never got to experience these golden years of 20s theyre on about 🥲

I was so disappointed with the ending compared to the book.

And Birdy was really annoying.

I’m enjoying it but if I didn’t know it was based on the book then I’d never guess. It’s so different, why have they called her Maggie instead of Dolly?!
I thought the same! I didn't like the book (didn't finish it in the end) but I always like to see how they adapt things so I decided to watch, So different!

I was so disappointed with the ending compared to the book.

And Birdy was really annoying.
I have to say, the lady this was based on in real life must be mighty pissed off at being created as such an annoying, inflexible twit in this dramatisation.

(And that’s not be throwing shade on the actor… no way. The character is just so ARGH).