Estee Lalonde #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you read the newsletter you can see that Estee didn't write any of it, these aren't her words, she doesn't speak like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
"The tide is turning. MIRROR WATER encourages self-reflection, a powerful practice which establishes sustainable, lifelong growth. Inspired by the therapeutic concept of mirror work, whereby the participant faces themselves in a mirror, the MIRROR WATER community makes space to converse and connect with our minds and bodies.

Self-reflection involves turning inwards, lending attention to the ripples of the roaming mind and the ebb and flow of the emotions. In turn, this precipitates a turning out, where our relationship with ourselves has the ability to positively affect our relationship with the world around us.

Cultivating rituals of relaxation, MIRROR WATER is a lifestyle brand focused on a revolution within ourselves. MIRROR WATER ventures beneath the surface and encourages self-reflection to converse and connect with mind and body. Looking inward, turning outward."

Hahahaha what.

"The founder: Estée Lalonde is a Creative Director living in London, England. Known for creating videos, hosting/producing podcasts and her love of all things beauty, it’s the sense of community she’s built in the online space that Estée is most proud of.

Looking back to Estée’s first few YouTube videos from more than a decade ago, it’s clear that beauty, vulnerability and self-reflection were at the heart of the content, themes which continued to emerge over the next ten years, so it’s a natural progression that these would form the foundation of MIRROR WATER, too.

Narratives of self-care have let us down. We are encouraged to heal ourselves temporarily for the sole purpose of carrying on as normal. This exhausting, endless cycle benefits our culture of hyper-productivity and presenteeism—but does not enrich us. Opening up about her life, talking about her vulnerable side and addressing her mental health struggles has resulted in her audience feeling understood, hopeful and connected. When she’s not working, you’re most likely to find Estée soaking in the tub, drinking her favourite red wine or walking around the park with her rescue pup, Effie.

Estée’s goal is to create an online space where you feel like you can be your whole self, indulge in whatever makes you feel good and connect with likeminded people."

Hahahahaha hahahahahaha she's fucken fraud, the whole thing is about making her look artistic and intellectual. Hahahaha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
^ Creative Director lol, just like Niomi Smart is now calling herself a Digital Creator... Estee legit blabs about constantly needing and indulging in self-care ( I really don't like that term personally) but then says " Narratives of self-care have let us down. " What? Queen of lying and contradictions allergic to alcohol strikes again.

Someone who cares about self-reflection doesn't need to do it by selling a £35 journal made of precious mulberry trees.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
^ Creative Director lol, just like Niomi Smart is now calling herself a Digital Creator... Estee legit blabs about constantly needing and indulging in self-care ( I really don't like that term personally) but then says " Narratives of self-care have let us down. " What? Queen of lying and contradictions allergic to alcohol strikes again.

Someone who cares about self-reflection doesn't need to do it by selling a £35 journal made of precious mulberry trees.
Yeah the creative director thing grinds my gears too. Lifting cool gurl imagery off Instagram doesn't make you a creative director, Estee. Leave that to people who've worked up the ladder in actual creative industries for years and years.

"Narratives of self-care have let us down." It clearly let her down, seeing how miserable and desperate she is. She's hiding behind her cool gurl look she's trying to project. When she's struggling to date around and answer a few emails in her so called job.

Seriously, home girl is SO INSECURE she spent like 10-25,000 pounds (I'm pulling figures out of my arse) on mirror water. I think she knows deep down she's a puppet of other people's aesthetics and ideas and this project is prove that she's not just a dumb influencer. Her whole identity came from Aslan, now that he's out of the picture, she's desperate to craft her own. And Estee doing what she does, she ends up throwing endless amounts of cash at making her look good, superficially.

She is seriously deluded in thinking her life is aspirational like goop. I'm so bleeping tired of the term but I reckon Estee sees her fans having a parasocial relationship with her. Her "conscious community". When in reality she's a glorified shopping channel presenter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Well said!! With Estee it's all talk and no action. She never does as she says. Making big bucks to keep funding her life of luxury is the only thing that keeps her going. She whines on vacation that she doesn't want it to "ever end" while she pays people to do everything for her, she's not a content creator she's a greedy parasite. Her whole life is basically being on vacation, from reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
"The tide is turning. MIRROR WATER encourages self-reflection, a powerful practice which establishes sustainable, lifelong growth. Inspired by the therapeutic concept of mirror work, whereby the participant faces themselves in a mirror, the MIRROR WATER community makes space to converse and connect with our minds and bodies.

Self-reflection involves turning inwards, lending attention to the ripples of the roaming mind and the ebb and flow of the emotions. In turn, this precipitates a turning out, where our relationship with ourselves has the ability to positively affect our relationship with the world around us.

Cultivating rituals of relaxation, MIRROR WATER is a lifestyle brand focused on a revolution within ourselves. MIRROR WATER ventures beneath the surface and encourages self-reflection to converse and connect with mind and body. Looking inward, turning outward."

Hahahaha what.

"The founder: Estée Lalonde is a Creative Director living in London, England. Known for creating videos, hosting/producing podcasts and her love of all things beauty, it’s the sense of community she’s built in the online space that Estée is most proud of.

Looking back to Estée’s first few YouTube videos from more than a decade ago, it’s clear that beauty, vulnerability and self-reflection were at the heart of the content, themes which continued to emerge over the next ten years, so it’s a natural progression that these would form the foundation of MIRROR WATER, too.

Narratives of self-care have let us down. We are encouraged to heal ourselves temporarily for the sole purpose of carrying on as normal. This exhausting, endless cycle benefits our culture of hyper-productivity and presenteeism—but does not enrich us. Opening up about her life, talking about her vulnerable side and addressing her mental health struggles has resulted in her audience feeling understood, hopeful and connected. When she’s not working, you’re most likely to find Estée soaking in the tub, drinking her favourite red wine or walking around the park with her rescue pup, Effie.

Estée’s goal is to create an online space where you feel like you can be your whole self, indulge in whatever makes you feel good and connect with likeminded people."

Hahahahaha hahahahahaha she's fucken fraud, the whole thing is about making her look artistic and intellectual. Hahahaha.
it’s the sense of community she’s built in the online space that Estée is most proud of.” Hahahaha by hating her followers? Yep sure

Reactions: 12
it’s the sense of community she’s built in the online space that Estée is most proud of.” Hahahaha by hating her followers? Yep sure
Remember when old Estee had a Meetup I think in Toronto? She was overwhelmed and crying because people showed up. She seemed appreciative and grateful, back when she was genuine and warm. Now she's sitting on her luxury high horse looking down at her "conscious community". If old Estee met her current goop self, I wonder she would think?

Well said!! With Estee it's all talk and no action. She never does as she says. Making big bucks to keep funding her life of luxury is the only thing that keeps her going. She whines on vacation that she doesn't want it to "ever end" while she pays people to do everything for her, she's not a content creator she's a greedy parasite. Her whole life is basically being on vacation, from reality.
Screenshot_20210911-150007.png

Yep all talk, seriously. Here's a comment/comment on an interview regarding mirror piss!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just checked out the goop wiki page following my hypothesis that they’re trying to mimic goop’s trajectory. (Especially since Estée became a bit goop/GP obsessed around 2019, just before she started this whole idea). Anyway, check out the first paragraph (bolded and underlined by me)…

“Goop (stylized as goop) is a wellness and lifestyle brand and company founded by actress Gwyneth Paltrow. Launched in September 2008, Goop started out as a weekly e-mail newsletter providing new ageadvice, such as "police your thoughts" and "eliminate white foods", and the slogan "Nourish the Inner Aspect."[2] A website was later added, and then Goop expanded into e-commerce, collaborating with fashion brands, launching pop-up shops,[3] holding a "wellness summit,"[4]launching a print magazine,[5] a podcast,[6] and a docuseries for Netflix.[7]

Goop has faced criticism for marketing products and treatments that are harmful, described as "snake oil,"[8][9] based on pseudoscience, and lack efficacy.”
—-

I honestly have no doubt that this is their plan and that the first mirror water products are already being created as their e-commerce launch, probably next year.

I would also bet money that Estee’s ultimate dream is to open a storefront of all EL— oh sorry, Mirror Water branded stuff. She stated years ago that she wanted that sort of thing— an Estée Lalonde brand for all different products and media, but now it’s MW instead.

It’s funny she’s sticking to the line that Mirror Water is about creating a community when this is simply her creating a brand. She’s just doing it differently from the usual YouTuber rollout. The question is, how popular is it anyway, because if the numbers aren’t there then it’s not gonna become this cult favourite thing she’s envisioning.

Reactions: 9
Mirror Water is about sustaining Estee's income. We finally have an answer of what it is lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Mirror Water is about sustaining Estee's income. We finally have an answer of what it is lol.
But Estee has openly admitted that she hadn't been making money from it! Granted this was right before she launched her journal (I think), but with the amount of freelancers she's got to pay for because she doesn't do any of it herself - it must be bleeding her dry.

Reactions: 4
Well yea, but I’m sure she expects to make all the money back once she launches all the other products

Reactions: 7
But Estee has openly admitted that she hadn't been making money from it! Granted this was right before she launched her journal (I think), but with the amount of freelancers she's got to pay for because she doesn't do any of it herself - it must be bleeding her dry.
Think it's her way to invest money, too bad the whole project sucks balls. She wants an internet store front to sell things from, that's all. She said the podcasts didn't make her any money and I guess that's why she quit them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can't for the life of me watch her video on 'creative burnout'. What a joke. Apparently she's been deleting helpful suggestions too, lol. Conscious community indeed.

Estee is replacing her useless mid century chairs for some proper desk chairs, adults doing adult things, lol.

Reactions: 10
She said she's been in a "creative burnout" since February 2019. Guess daddy Aslan took all her creative ideas with him and closed the door behind him.

She sounds like she's annoyed at the job she bleeping picked herself.

1631572525582.png

Your goal is to be on a paid vacation 24/7 dude..
1631573337636.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She just said that when the camera stops rolling its this huge energy output without giving anything back. Really Adstee. You get nothing back from your fking dumb videos? They pay for your life in luxury and denial. God, she went on saying that she's strategic when she films and its not on days when she doesn't feel like it ( mon-friday, she's off on weekends from being Estee you guys so no vlogging) her stuff has been feeling so fake and she just reaffirmed it.

1631588312199.png

Reactions: 15
Only Estée would come back from a luxury holiday to France and a month and a half long vacation and her usual various spa and beauty treatments and a summer of time off and sit to film a video and be like, hmm what should the topic be? Oh, I know— another video complaining about how I just give too much and work too hard and never get enough to fulfill me.

Basically, her favourite topic— complaining about how stressed and overworked she is, how things are generally unfair for her… and then the requisite reference to her fRiEnDs because she can’t go a full minute without making sure she’s mentioned she definitely has friends who spend their time telling Estée things about Estée.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Blake Lively tried to do a Goop and failed miserably.
Yeah, and Blake Lively is very attractive, actually famous, actually intelligent and witty, and actually has a personality and doesn't come off as a smug, despicable ingrate. And she failed. So good luck to spoiled, clueless faker Estee!

(As an aside...goop once recommended "policing your thoughts"?! Yikes! Gwyneth is a disturbing person.)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.