Escape to the Chateau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late to this, but totally not surprised. Angela sounded like a right nightmare that would be fake as duck when the cameras are rolling.

These people start to think they're untouchable and can be an asshole.

Although the stories about shutting the company today are misleading. It's just the UK company that was probably only for the channel 4 income. Now that's not coming in it would make sense to close it. That doesn't mean they'll sell or stop running the business as all of that will come through the french accounts.

They could get another company to pick it up, but Angela would need to have a bit of humility and admit her twattery.

You're probably right about the French company and French accounts, although it has to be said that throughout the various series, they didn't exactly paint themselves as being at all integrated into French society or business methods like that. Apart from the farmer down the road helping out with a tractor or something occasionally, virtually every time they needed external help it was invariably someone brought over from the UK. She had years to show some integration by speaking some decent French on occasion but when she went to the market or some tat shop she was always an embarassment and you could tell the locals simply couldn't be arsed with her. I wouldn't be surprised to learn there are two companies and one is for everything to do with the TV stuff, it's the second company actually being a local one that would surprise me.

Reactions: 4
The Daily Mail def has an agenda the british company is probably part of the C4 income. Events etc will go through a french company.

the kids are fluent. I always found it funny that their cars were generally still on the English plate too and wondered if Brexit would affect all that.

I doubt many who build a business up are as wholesome as they appear but most of the ire seems directed at her. I loved the program in the beginning but got a little fed up towards the end. It was too easy and lacked a certain imagination when the budget wasnt the limiting factors.

Reactions: 8
Late to this, but totally not surprised. Angela sounded like a right nightmare that would be fake as duck when the cameras are rolling.

These people start to think they're untouchable and can be an asshole.

Although the stories about shutting the company today are misleading. It's just the UK company that was probably only for the channel 4 income. Now that's not coming in it would make sense to close it. That doesn't mean they'll sell or stop running the business as all of that will come through the french accounts.

They could get another company to pick it up, but Angela would need to have a bit of humility and admit her twattery.

Does anyone know this picture of a chef that she’s pissed about?

Reactions: 3
I loved the whole Escape to the Chateau dream!! although, It does feel as if its come to a natural end.

Im not really surprised that there are stories of back stage drama, it was fairly obvious, even from the series itself, that Angela was extremely hard work! Its not fair to swear and shout at staff I agree, but it must be tough to open your house and home out to strangers, and to go through renovations, which must be tricky if they go wrong, in front of a production crew.

Reactions: 6
They've announced two new nights gasbagging at the Palladium ... may be part of a UK tour, I can't be bothered to look

Hope people booking it realise it's October 2024 and not this year - that's some forward planning - even arena tours don't usually book as far ahead as that.

1686825766438.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
They've announced two new nights gasbagging at the Palladium ... may be part of a UK tour, I can't be bothered to look

Hope people booking it realise it's October 2024 and not this year - that's some forward planning - even arena tours don't usually book as far ahead as that.

View attachment 2241693
What do they even talk about?

I went to the Château recently as my MIL wanted to visit. It’s so overgrown, looks like they haven’t cut the grass outside in MONTHS. It looks half abandoned! I wouldn’t want to have my wedding there, you couldn’t even see halfway up the orangery wall because it was just tall grass! I reckon they’ve definitely run out of money and just given up!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I know someone who went to a wedding there just recently, they said it was lovely.

• Sick
As someone who is obese & understands how it makes life so difficult it pains me to see photos of Arthur. Surely his parents are worried?

Reactions: 7
As someone who is obese & understands how it makes life so difficult it pains me to see photos of Arthur. Surely his parents are worried?
Dorothy as well. She used to be the slim one and I was just worried for Arthur, as I watched their home cooking videos and saw the massive amount of sugar in daily use. The parents have caused this and it's appalling.

Reactions: 1
Agreed, though slim as a child to late 20s, I am now overweight and struggle so I'm extra careful with my kids so they aren't over weight as a result of my now bad habits.

I heartily agree! All the bars have risqué names! I don’t get it especially when Mary poppins is now PG but it’s acceptable to aim this at children. Im old though and invisible and apparently according to the young my opinions don’t count!!