Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all just so dodgy. I've seen a few articles on the likes of evoke or other such tit rags, about the wonderful thing that E McD is doing now. Then you read the article and realise that he's doing voice messages to raise money for a friend who has CF,. Nice thing to do, but surely something you do as a past time, it's not exactly a career move. So he left RTE, before his contract was up, to do this. None of it makes sense, unless the allegations are true, and no one will go near him. Good.

Reactions: 2
I’m no fan of Dublin live but all other Irish media has this ‘just shut up and it will go away’ mentality as well as not wanting to publish anything until he is actually proven guilty.
That’s not really fair. There would be a legitimate worry about a defamation case and far more importantly, articles written about him now could be used in court in future as evidence that he couldn’t receive a fair a trial (AKA the George Gibney method).

This exact thing has been posted plenty of times in this thread.

Reactions: 6
That’s not really fair. There would be a legitimate worry about a defamation case and far more importantly, articles written about him now could be used in court in future as evidence that he couldn’t receive a fair a trial (AKA the George Gibney method).

Exactly this, and it's repeated again and again - no press can say anything because it could ruin a potential case against him. It's not a conspiracy.

Reactions: 5
Exactly this, and it's repeated again and again - no press can say anything because it could ruin a potential case against him. It's not a conspiracy.
Exactly. The same applies to Doireann or anyone else in RTE. They shouldn’t be expected to say anything and it’s far better that they don’t. We have to remember how the Irish legal system works.

I said it ages ago in this thread, but the Tom Humphries case is a good example of what should be done.

Reactions: 7
I don’t get this?
It's not about the post itself, but the fact he liked it. It was only posted in the last day or two, came up on my feed, so he's dipping his toe back in to Twitter......he hadn't so much as liked anything for months on there.

Reactions: 5
It's not about the post itself, but the fact he liked it. It was only posted in the last day or two, came up on my feed, so he's dipping his toe back in to Twitter......he hadn't so much as liked anything for months on there.
Oh sorry I understand now. I didn’t see that you had likes highlighted 😅

Reactions: 4
just found this thread and only heard of these allegations on that gobshite laura whitmore thread, off now too catch up

Reactions: 1

Sorry I suppose me saying “not wanting to post anything” was the wrong sentence altogether. I thought it was clear I meant they can’t post anything because of defamation and also I’m well aware that posting could jeopardise any cases against him. No conspiracy either. I’m just stating that the raggier news outlets seem to be posting /publishing stories with a speculating tone. Like “where is he? What is he up to now?” When we all know he’s keeping the head buried. I mean if he left 2fm and there were no accusations against him it would be such a non story so why bother publishing anything? But then again you have the likes of RSVP and goss.ie posting non stories everyday of the week so I guess I shouldn’t be so surprised that Dublin Live is still posting.

Reactions: 8
IMO, even though they're not saying anything about why he has left, it will get one or two people googling and wondering why/where he has gone. They'll discover quick enough too if they check twitter. So all these rubbish non story articles are actually keeping the allegations alive in a way.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I like the rubbish non story articles. They're basically pointing out that it's odd that he left suddenly like that for no reason.....

Yeah it’s getting people to either google his name or ask people what’s the story with Eoghan leaving. It’s the best they can do in these circumstances but it’s better than nothing. Eoghan thought he could just slip away into the darkness and have no one mention him again but with articles questioning where he’s gone, people will be more likely to ask others “did you see your man has completely disappeared”, or start up conversation about it in the hairdressers, and that way someone is bound to know why and fill them in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.