Enjoying Being Emma #3 Always moaning about James and John. Everyday something's wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
James is 3. The place is pretty empty. There's 2 adults with him. Why does he need reins?
And by the looks of it, they've bought him bigger ones too.
It honestly makes me so sad. Why does she/they feel he needs reins at 3 years old?

Reactions: 7
Is it the norm for a kid his age to have reins? I thought it seemed a bit much but don’t have younger children in my family! I thought this was more for toddlers…

Reactions: 1
talking about how his new books “inspire his small world play” sounds like one of my essays from 1st year undergrad about understanding child development - it’s written like a case study and it’s just odd to read?

Last edited:
Is it the norm for a kid his age to have reins? I thought it seemed a bit much but don’t have younger children in my family! I thought this was more for toddlers…
I have 3 kids. One of them is 10 months older than James. She hasn't had reins since she was around 1 and a half.
We taught her to hold our hand when it's busy and not run off.

They have the reins attached to him any time they leave the house.

Reactions: 2
Im wondering if there's more to it.
I work in a special needs school and just the small snippits she shows of James are very similar to a child with autism
Not saying he has it at all.
But it would explain the reins, his lack of speech (her words), the fixation on Thomas the tank. His meltdowns at the change of routine.
Just to list a few.

Reactions: 6
I work in a special needs school and just the small snippits she shows of James are very similar to a child with autism
But it would explain the reins, his lack of speech (her words), the fixation on Thomas the tank. His meltdowns at the change of routine.
Just to list a few.
Exactly as I noted earlier, there’s deffo more going on. In no way should she be embarrassed by his milestones but she should be seeking help as he isn’t where a typical 3 year old should be. No 3 year old I know wears reins when there is literally an adult just for them- let him free! Teach him to hold a hand, hold the buggy, or even get a buggy board. It’s strange! He only plays with Thomas or diggers, that’s not imaginative small world- there’s a whole lot more to it. Dress up, pretending 1 thing is another, copying what he sees mum/dad going, building, creating, mark making. Not playing with the same track, in the same way.

Oh and I’d love to hear these sentences he apparently comes out with- no 3 year old talks like that!

Reactions: 2
God I feel so sorry for that little boy. Everything is so controlled by her! Iv never seen a kid that age on reigns?! Fair enough if he was known for running off but I think he’d be too petrified of breaking her rules to even try and run off! My daughter is a year older and not a chance would she of walked on reigns at 3! Also the toys, I bet he isn’t obsessed with the trains at all it’s just that’s all she will let him play with! Never see him choosing what to play with, it’s always set up by her and at a set time! Who can be arsed! My kids have always had free reign 😉 on what they want to play with and when. Everything is so regimented!! Must be draining for her never mind the rest of the family! Let go abit Emma, honestly life wouldn’t be so boring if you do!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I wonder if the reins are cos she's always been a larger lady and therefore probably unfit so couldn't chase him if he ran off? We don't see much of John but what I have seen he isn't a small bloke either so maybe he doesn't fancy chasing a speedy toddler either? Just a thought 🤷🏼‍♀️

The sentences she writes about him are a bit odd - I can’t say much as my 3 year old’s speech is poor - although a S&L assessment said she’s age appropriate - but her friends who have more advanced speech would say the sort of sentences she talks about! I’m not sure if the trains is all down to her - she’s often shown the toys set up ready to play so there is no opportunity for choice is there? Mine came downstairs this morning and went to her box and took a mix of things out - whilst also asking to watch Mr Bean on tv! She’s still playing happily in her pj’s and getting more toys from her room whilst we wait for her big brother to finally wake up!

Just to list a few.
I did think similar. Especially as right from the age of 1, he'd sit glued to the TV for hours.
And the only child I know who does this is my nephew who also has autism.

I have noticed she'll say he's said lots of things but she's never shown him saying anything. She's shown lots of videos of him. But never him talking apart from the odd word he repeats after her

The things she says he says aren’t what a normal 2/3 year old would say anyway. She tries too hard to make out he’s speaking. It’s ridiculous. Such a shame they put reins in him. My daughter didn’t ever have them, she was just taught to hold hands. I’d be embarrassed if I were her. Why does he need them at a zoo? She’s so controlling

Reactions: 4
In the grand scheme of things, Emma comes across as a great Mummy. She clearly adores her children, looks after them and they’re happy. There is also nothing wrong with her missing work and her own time away from her family. I just wish she would let go a little and let them splash paint around, take the reigns off, post pics of them smeared in chocolate, chill the duck out about the scales and enjoy the precious maternity leave time.

If anyones looking for a cheery little bedtime story she’s written a whole essay again and yep it’s full of joy!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If anyones looking for a cheery little bedtime story she’s written a whole essay again and yep it’s full of joy!
Wow. That whole post is negative after negative!
That was supposed to be about Hattie? 😂

Reactions: 3
She constantly moans about being told to work from home from 28 weeks was it? Mate if my work had of told me to work from home from 28 weeks id have been skipping down the road I was still there at 36 weeks😂😂😂

• Haha
She definitely reads here!

She’s suddenly stopped trying to force a nap after it was mentioned on here and she’s trying not to be smug about her weight loss as mentioned on here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.