Enjoying Being Emma #3 Always moaning about James and John. Everyday something's wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It sounded rank as an adult, let alone a child. Where are the ghost turkey dinosaurs?
M&S in the same deal she bought, do bat shaped chicken and some other bits. Why out of all the things, for a 2 year old, did she choose the buns? 🤔

Reactions: 6
It sounded rank as an adult, let alone a child. Where are the ghost turkey dinosaurs?
It looked rank. And her adding the 'sin' value of those buns pissed me off.
No matter how thin she gets...she cannot escape her brain and all the tit that makes her miserable. Maybe address that first and you may actually ' Enjoy being Emma'.

Reactions: 8
Is it just me that doesn't understand why her kids always take so long to adjust to the clock change? 🤔

I put my 3 year old in bed half an hour later when the clocks changed, she got up half an hour earlier.
Then last night, put her to bed normal time and she was up normal time?

My baby was the same too 🤔

I don't get it. Every time she says how it takes like a month for them to adjust

Moaning about extra padding keeping her warm back in the day but still trying to loose weight just in time for winter🙄for the record I have extra padding and still feel the cold.

I dont know how she gets in such a mess with the clocks changing. The first morning my son wanted to get up at 5 but I laid in his room till he fell back to sleep and then we just carry on as normal 🤷‍♀️ if he gets up at 4 does she try getting him back to bed or just allows it?

Reactions: 5
I dont know how she gets in such a mess with the clocks changing. The first morning my son wanted to get up at 5 but I laid in his room till he fell back to sleep and then we just carry on as normal 🤷‍♀️ if he gets up at 4 does she try getting him back to bed or just allows it?
Exactly!! I've never understood it. She moans for weeks and weeks after every clock change!

Reactions: 4
I put my kids to bed an hour later and they got up at their usual time.... revolutionary stuff. She is just a martyr and all of her parenting issues are what she has created for herself.

I agree! With babies I get it but he’s 3 in January. We got my toddler a gro clock for the clock change and have literally not had a problem at all, just said they can’t wake us up until it’s sunshine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Why doesn’t she just explain it’s not getting up time and attempt to get him back to bed? I get a feeling that she is all for an easy life so basically let’s him do what he wants so he doesn’t create.

Reactions: 3
I agree! With babies I get it but he’s 3 in January. We got my toddler a gro clock for the clock change and have literally not had a problem at all, just said they can’t wake us up until it’s sunshine 🤷🏻‍♀️
He has a gro clock. She bought it ages ago. But still let's him do what he wants so what's the point 🤷🏻‍♀️

My 3 year old has had a gro clock for the past year. And she doesn't get out of bed until it goes yellow.
He's old enough to understand

Why doesn’t she just explain it’s not getting up time and attempt to get him back to bed? I get a feeling that she is all for an easy life so basically let’s him do what he wants so he doesn’t create.
Yup. Pretty sure that's why he has so many tantrums. Because he knows it works. She's created a rod for her own back.

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why she allows him up at silly o clock? Just say no and put him back to bed… cut out his afternoon nap and do a later bedtime if needs be. Wear him out more during the day, stimulate his brain and he will sleep.

My toddler was a nightmare sleeper at a few months ago, teething really threw her out and we never got the rhythm back. We got her a gro clock, introduced her to it and made a really big deal about it and we just persisted with it, used it to overhaul our whole routine for bedtime and started with low expectations, earlier mornings, but then with the nap adjustments it fell into place quickly. We made a little sticker chart, after a week of not coming in to us until it was sunshine, she picked a toy. Now the sun comes up two hours later than that very first day and we all sleep bloody great. He should by now have an understanding to implement that and if he doesn’t she should be asking why, not burying her head in the sand behaving like the two year old who clearly rules the roost is the issue.

My toddler was a nightmare sleeper at a few months ago, teething really threw her out and we never got the rhythm back. We got her a gro clock, introduced her to it and made a really big deal about it and we just persisted with it, used it to overhaul our whole routine for bedtime and started with low expectations, earlier mornings, but then with the nap adjustments it fell into place quickly. We made a little sticker chart, after a week of not coming in to us until it was sunshine, she picked a toy. Now the sun comes up two hours later than that very first day and we all sleep bloody great. He should by now have an understanding to implement that and if he doesn’t she should be asking why, not burying her head in the sand behaving like the two year old who clearly rules the roost is the issue.
I just don't think she can be bothered to deal with it to start with.
Like she expected to buy it and he'd just use it because she sees other people's kids using it.
Ours took at least a week too.
First morning she had it, she came in before it changed. It was only 5 minutes but we made a point of taking her back, she cried. But I sat with her until it changed.
Next morning she took herself back to wait for it.
She still comes in every morning shouting "My clocks yellowww" 😂😂

I just don't think she can be bothered to deal with it to start with.
Like she expected to buy it and he'd just use it because she sees other people's kids using it.
Ours took at least a week too.
First morning she had it, she came in before it changed. It was only 5 minutes but we made a point of taking her back, she cried. But I sat with her until it changed.
Next morning she took herself back to wait for it.
She still comes in every morning shouting "My clocks yellowww" 😂😂
Luckily (touchwood) I have no need for a grow clock yet but it is a great idea. My 3yo normally sleeps in til we wake her for nursery or at the weekend will wake up between 8-9 as we don’t wake her. She sits in her bed singing songs at the top of her voice and that is our alarm 🤣 although at the moment she has been waking during the night wanting cuddles so we aren’t sleeping through, but normally she does, putting it down to me being heavily pregnant. The morning the clock changed she woke at half seven while we were still asleep and decided she would come get us after we didn’t come in once she started singing. This morning though she was up for the day at about 5.45 🤦🏻‍♀️ however, she is a child! We go with the flow. Could be the clock change might not be. Kids sleep isn’t linear and as much as it’s great to use all these tools etc ultimately I find acceptance helps you cope. The sleepless nights and early mornings are never forever!

Reactions: 3
What's the point in bathing both kids at 2.30?! It's still the middle of the day... Do they then just have to sit there and not do anything for the rest of the day?...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.