Emmerdale #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
None of them have 'ethnic' accents though. In fact none of the female cast do. Maybe there's more to it than that.
Thats what I was wondering. And (it could be my ignorance) would they not be referred to as Asian rather than mixed race?

Reactions: 3
Thats what I was wondering. And (it could be my ignorance) would they not be referred to as Asian rather than mixed race?
Mixed race doesn’t just apply to someone with one black parent and one white parent. Mixed race will be when both parents have different ethnicities of any kind so could be one Asian one white.

Reactions: 5
Ya I think priyas mother is fillapino and her dad is British so I’m not sure either 😵

Reactions: 2
Ya I think priyas mother is fillapino and her dad is British so I’m not sure either 😵
I don't know for sure but I think Meena and Manpreet could also be half white since they're very fair and have traditionally 'English' first names. So it could be any of them.

Mixed race doesn’t just apply to someone with one black parent and one white parent. Mixed race will be when both parents have different ethnicities of any kind so could be one Asian one white.
Thank you, and please excuse my ignorance.

The actors who play Vic & David do have an air of huge egos, thinking their firm roles in a flailing soap accredits them some sort of clout.

Meena and Nicola were saying some pretty nasty things about Victoria too, more than you'd usually hear in a soap nowadays, mostly attacking her appearance. If this was one of the rewritten scenes, I wonder if the Victoria actress pissed off a writer too?! lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's a shame that so few of the characters speak with Yorkshire accents. People do travel around but it's un-realistic for most people in a village in North Yorkshire not to speak that way. The actor who plays Ben really tried at the start but now he's just given up trying to sound local.

Reactions: 7
None of them have 'ethnic' accents though. In fact none of the female cast do. Maybe there's more to it than that.
Maybe they put on accents for the show or it could be making fun of the fact they have English accents and not ethnic ones?

I don't know for sure but I think Meena and Manpreet could also be half white since they're very fair and have traditionally 'English' first names. So it could be any of them.
Rebecca who plays Manpreet is half English half Asian and I’m pretty sure Paige who plays Meena is too.

Reactions: 1
Literally the only thing I can think of is mimicking how Manpreet says "darling" (dah-ling) as that's the only noticeable pronunciation I can think of.

But like someone else said, Meena and Nicola have been proper trashing Victoria 😂

Literally the only thing I can think of is mimicking how Manpreet says "darling" (dah-ling) as that's the only noticeable pronunciation I can think of.

But like someone else said, Meena and Nicola have been proper trashing Victoria 😂
I cringe everytime Manpreet says Charles!!

• Haha
If I was going to mimic any accent on Emmerdale it would be the Geordie ones. Every other accent is rather bland

Reactions: 1

'Dumpy,' 'plain,' and 'mumsy' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve just caught up on the past couple of episodes….still laughing at Amy’s backflip over the hedge 😂

What a ridiculous story line!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That Chloe looks just like the actress in Anne with an E and i can now only think of her as Anne of Green Gables 😅
Have absolutely zero interest in this storyline though 😴

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.