Emma's Rectangle #5 Vlog fails, grimy nails, fake lips the size of two fat snails

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your reasoning for carrying the make up application down your neck makes total sense, but for emma I think it's because she neglects the maintenance of her severe fake tan. So on any given day she falls on a wide spectrum of colors and has to constantly adjust her face and neck to match the rest of her body. Her make up and tan would benefit from emma choosing a far lighter tone. Auburn hair looks fantastic on lighter skin tones too!! I don't understand her logic. I'd rather impress a more pale, yet natural skin tone than look orange and peely all the time.
Sometimes her tan just looks downright dirty.

Reactions: 11
The fact most of her Instagram reels are her at the gym. She really acts like it's her job doesn't she.

Reactions: 8
She’s got another cold! What’s she doing clearly isn’t sustainable like why the hell was she out walking in the freezing cold last night

Reactions: 8
She’s got another cold! What’s she doing clearly isn’t sustainable like why the hell was she out walking in the freezing cold last night
I've just come to say the same! Clearly the overtraining is taking it's toll on her immune system seeing as she keeps getting ill

Reactions: 6
Desperately need to question whether anyone else has noticed how close she sits to the steering wheel in her car? I didn't think she was that short?

Reactions: 1
I've not watched a video from start to finish for several weeks. Tried to watch today's and I have no idea what Project 50 is, what Project 65 is or who Arms (is she really saying this???) is. I didn't watch it all because her weekly vlogs still seem to take place at her dressing table but it's nice she's filming more videos again.

Reactions: 2
When I tell you the scream I SCRUMPT when she spent 5 mins complaining about her cold and that she's going to have a day off to rest, and then the next clip was her filming a 'Makeup routine when I'm ill' video because she's decided to go out for drinks. Stop going out when you're sick as a dog! I mean we already established she learned nothing from COVID but this winter lots of people's health is more vulnerable due to CoL and not having heating on. She is so far detached from reality it's unreal!

Reactions: 19
Her new vlog is so irritating, going on about how for 18months she hasn't been able to work. That's not how it works in real life, you can't take 18 months off work and "sit on the sofa". I just feel like she's pulled the mental health card and we've seen her out on holidays enjoying herself and not really stuck at home as down as she's made out.

Reactions: 17
Omg I actually cannot listen to her. She is such a victim going on about her mental health and how that is the reason she has been inconsistent with her videos - no she is actually just lazy and knows that she can use her mental health as an excuse not to film because as soon as somebody mentions theyre mental health, everyone goes into ‘be kind’ mode. No, you dont get a free pass to not do your job because you pretend you have been depressed or struggling with ADHD - you are able to do everything you want to do that isn’t work i.e. go on holidays, go the pub, dates and most commonly the bloody gym! Can do all that but can’t film a video 😂😂 she is an actual joke and her woe is me act has actually just pissed me off. Some of us have real mental health issues where we physically cannot do anything but we have no choice but to work as otherwise we would get fired. The privilege is blinding. Shes been saying this for years - probably since she lost weight so maybe focus less on exercising 5hrs a day and do your job. I cannot believe it is very difficult to film two videos and edit them per week when all she does is go to the gym. An actual joke. Sorry rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Omg I actually cannot listen to her. She is such a victim going on about her mental health and how that is the reason she has been inconsistent with her videos - no she is actually just lazy and knows that she can use her mental health as an excuse not to film because as soon as somebody mentions theyre mental health, everyone goes into ‘be kind’ mode. No, you dont get a free pass to not do your job because you pretend you have been depressed or struggling with ADHD - you are able to do everything you want to do that isn’t work i.e. go on holidays, go the pub, dates and most commonly the bloody gym! Can do all that but can’t film a video 😂😂 she is an actual joke and her woe is me act has actually just pissed me off. Some of us have real mental health issues where we physically cannot do anything but we have no choice but to work as otherwise we would get fired. The privilege is blinding. Shes been saying this for years - probably since she lost weight so maybe focus less on exercising 5hrs a day and do your job. I cannot believe it is very difficult to film two videos and edit them per week when all she does is go to the gym. An actual joke. Sorry rant over
In fairness to her it would be easy to be down and depressed when you sit and do duck all all day and the only reason to get up and about is to go to the gym. Couldn’t think of much worse

She should deffo get even a part time job or volunteer somewhere to actually have something to do with her time if she isn’t gonna do her current job

Reactions: 10
In fairness to her it would be easy to be down and depressed when you sit and do duck all all day and the only reason to get up and about is to go to the gym. Couldn’t think of much worse

She should deffo get even a part time job or volunteer somewhere to actually have something to do with her time if she isn’t gonna do her current job

I'm someone who went part time at work due to mental health problems. I still needed to pay my bills but I needed a break before I was completely broken. I hope to do more paid work in future but as I got better I got comfortable working part time and hiding at home the rest. I've since got some volunteering hours each week as something new, a way to get up and out and also to give myself that feeling of achievement. I myself have ADHD like Emma and I recognise my patterns better now in my mid 20s than in my teens. I could easily shut myself off and hide to make it easier with my anxiety etc but I know I need to keep trying and growing for a better time.

Reactions: 2
I'm someone who went part time at work due to mental health problems. I still needed to pay my bills but I needed a break before I was completely broken. I hope to do more paid work in future but as I got better I got comfortable working part time and hiding at home the rest. I've since got some volunteering hours each week as something new, a way to get up and out and also to give myself that feeling of achievement. I myself have ADHD like Emma and I recognise my patterns better now in my mid 20s than in my teens. I could easily shut myself off and hide to make it easier with my anxiety etc but I know I need to keep trying and growing for a better time.
I also have ADHD and could largely relate to how Emma was feeling. But I agree with other people in this thread that are skeptical of her authenticity. When I feel the lack of executive function shes describing, it disables me from doing everything but the bare minimum. However, because i don't have the privilege emma has, the bare minimum includes working full time because I have to afford to live. What's frustrating is that Emma doesn't seem to recognize the privilege of shirking all responsibilities for 18 months. In fact, she feels bad for herself, idk the whole video put a bad taste in my mouth. Girl viewership pays for you to sit around all day and go on trips, so don't turn around and complain about it to the people that supported that privilege and victimize yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I also have ADHD and could largely relate to how Emma was feeling. But I agree with other people in this thread that are skeptical of her authenticity. When I feel the lack of executive function shes describing, it disables me from doing everything but the bare minimum. However, because i don't have the privilege emma has, the bare minimum includes working full time because I have to afford to live. What's frustrating is that Emma doesn't seem to recognize the privilege of shirking all responsibilities for 18 months. In fact, she feels bad for herself, idk the whole video put a bad taste in my mouth. Girl viewership pays for you to sit around all day and go on trips, so don't turn around and complain about it to the people that supported that privilege and victimize yourself.
But does the bare minimum for you include hours at the gym daily and going out with friends? That's where the issue lies. She's saying she's struggling but she's only struggling with obligations that aren't fun.

• Heart
But does the bare minimum for you include hours at the gym daily and going out with friends? That's where the issue lies. She's saying she's struggling but she's only struggling with obligations that aren't fun.
Noooo not at all, I should have specified! But you're right, not only is it a privilege to be able to forget about work for 18 months, but her ADHD is only crippling when it comes to work. Somehow she's capable of going out and going on holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My opinion is that when she tries to address this in her vlogs she dwells on it for too long and becomes too defensive. I think it might make better viewing if she could frame it more positively rather than lecturing the audience - 'I want to thank those of you who stuck by me and encouraged me when I was going through a tough time and wasn't always here as much as I would have liked.' Then move on and talk about something else.

I either don't watch or fast forward through the vlogs now because they are so much the same and a lot of it's also on Instagram. I liked the make-up videos she did recently, though - it was clear she's really influenced by Jamie Genevieve, though, suddenly going on about 'cool tones' when she's spent years using warm browns and reds - after Jamie releases the cool Ninetease palette! I don't mind that, though, I just like seeing different products used.

Reactions: 9
Not necessarily defending her but in response to the above, to be honest, as someone with ADHD I also have periods of time, sometimes weeks, where I'll have no energy or mental capacity for things like work but still be able to do other "fun" things I enjoy.

Ultimately ADHD is a disorder of the reward system in the brain. We don't get hits of dopamine from completing routine tasks like housework, certain work tasks, sometimes even personal hygiene e.t.c. like neurotypical people do, because the thought/act of completing the task itself isn't rewarding enough. We naturally gravitate to activities which provide instant gratification like social media scrolling, coffee and alcohol (hence why a lot of people with ADHD have drinking problems), carbs/sugar, social interaction, sex... That's why the treatment is stimulant medication: it tops up the dopamine so that we can do 'boring' daily tasks rather than the brain seeking only the most stimulating activities.

That being said though, if she's been feeling like this for a while like she says, then she's in the wrong job, because work tasks can be fun if you like what you do. Especially in a job like Emma's where she can make it literally anything she wants it to be. She has to rely on a hyperfixation (read: "project") to make her content and do her job, when actually her content would *be* the hyperfixation if she truly enjoyed it. That's why her weekly vlogs are so flat, because she's only doing it out of a feeling of obligation... which is probably the only other thing that can motivate an ADHD brain, and even that doesn't do a very good job, because the vlogs are tit. Time for a career change imho.

Reactions: 7
Not necessarily defending her but in response to the above, to be honest, as someone with ADHD I also have periods of time, sometimes weeks, where I'll have no energy or mental capacity for things like work but still be able to do other "fun" things I enjoy.

Ultimately ADHD is a disorder of the reward system in the brain. We don't get hits of dopamine from completing routine tasks like housework, certain work tasks, sometimes even personal hygiene e.t.c. like neurotypical people do, because the thought/act of completing the task itself isn't rewarding enough. We naturally gravitate to activities which provide instant gratification like social media scrolling, coffee and alcohol (hence why a lot of people with ADHD have drinking problems), carbs/sugar, social interaction, sex... That's why the treatment is stimulant medication: it tops up the dopamine so that we can do 'boring' daily tasks rather than the brain seeking only the most stimulating activities.
I get it, i am not neurotypical myself and have struggled with my mental health so I definitely understand how difficult it can be - of course, I’m not denying that. I think my issues are mainly the lack of awareness and acnnowledgement of being able to do that and basically sacking off work for 18months or so but still being able to survive and do anything you want to as well as take the time for your mental health. And not being accountable or accepting that, as viewers/subscribers - they do have a say in your work ethic to a certain extent (as would a customer/manager whatever) as without people watching your content, you wouldn’t be able to fund doing less than the bare min at your job for a year and a half but still doing all the things that bring you joy and not struggling financially. Influencers have got on this little train where they think they don’t owe their subscribers anything and we should appreciate tit content that we know no effort has been put in to, consistently. That isn’t how it works when the reason you are in the position you are is because of the subscribers - if that makes sense. Oh and that also at one point in her life she was very consistent and had good content so why now, suddenly (coincidently when influencers are being paid more than ever) she literally does less than bare minimum. I think she uses her diagnoses as an excuse which is not fair to those who suffer in the real world but cannot falter due to personel circumstances is all.

Sorry for all the rants - she just grinds my gears! 🤣😅

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.