Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please. No. She's not complaining about having a period every 6 weeks. Had to switch off. Love if you can sit and chat to camera and edit photos your pain is nowhere close to what most of us go through. I literally pass out and scream into pillows and have a 9 day period every 2 and a half weeks. She has no idea what other people have to put up with. Sorry for the TMI but seriously she has no idea about real life.
Yeah she just seems to use it as an excuse when she can't be arsed. She has the luxury of being able to work around it as well which many don't, if she knows when she is due she could work extra to get some content ready to go and even schedule it and then have a week off a month effectively; the absolute dream for many people who do suffer badly. Or do bits here and there between napping, relaxing or generally doing duck all if needed. She also doesn't need to leave her home, which again, she can be around her comforts and a toilet. Not diminishing her experience if she does genuinely struggle, but she is fortunate fortunate to have the tools to manage it so it isn't a huge stress juggling managing that and working.

Reactions: 7
Someone commented the vlog was 5 hours late because of “editing issues” - when isn’t there?! And they got jumped on by her fans for it🙄 it’s her job! She should have made sure she had the time earlier this week and be more organised I don’t get it? If she has all this days off too she could easily sort out the flat it’s so bad how untidy it is when she could sort it in a day or two.
I completely agree with you. She has plenty of time to fit it all in, she just needs to get off her bum and do it.

Reactions: 1
I'm glad her subscribers are starting to catch on though, I honestly watch her just because I'm nosey, she couldn't influence me if she tried, aside from I might stop buying something if she advertises it lol. I really do struggle to see how her fans think that her content is quality or shes worthwhile, I just can't understand it.

Heres the thing about the period talks, I don't think it's a bad thing that we're discussing it more, yes it happens and yes it can seriously affect your day to day life, it needs to stop being this thing that can't be talked about.

BUT

having influencers like Emma sitting around talking about how hard it is just isn't the way to do it. They can literally work at home with a hot water bottle on the sofa if they want to, they have no concept of how hard it actually can be for people with certain jobs in the real world. it makes me dislike her more and more when she goes on about how hard her period is. Go take some pain and deal with it. Go to the doctors if its bad and they'll help you, end of story.

I really can see her struggling with youtube eventually if she doesn't start to put the effort in, the people who build you up can also tear you back down and she seems to have no concept of this and seems to think she is just entitled to just do whatever she likes. Imagine her having to get a real job and having to do some real work, when she can't even do something as lighthearted as talking about makeup on youtube.

Reactions: 10
I’m just imagining having literally one singular task to do all week at work, doing nothing all day, everyday for the whole week. Moaning about how busy and burnt out I am, then leaving my task until half an hour before I’m due to leave on Friday afternoon and then getting pissed off because I have to work late, that’s Emma.

Reactions: 18
I'm glad her subscribers are starting to catch on though, I honestly watch her just because I'm nosey, she couldn't influence me if she tried, aside from I might stop buying something if she advertises it lol. I really do struggle to see how her fans think that her content is quality or shes worthwhile, I just can't understand it.

Heres the thing about the period talks, I don't think it's a bad thing that we're discussing it more, yes it happens and yes it can seriously affect your day to day life, it needs to stop being this thing that can't be talked about.

BUT

having influencers like Emma sitting around talking about how hard it is just isn't the way to do it. They can literally work at home with a hot water bottle on the sofa if they want to, they have no concept of how hard it actually can be for people with certain jobs in the real world. it makes me dislike her more and more when she goes on about how hard her period is. Go take some pain and deal with it. Go to the doctors if its bad and they'll help you, end of story.

I really can see her struggling with youtube eventually if she doesn't start to put the effort in, the people who build you up can also tear you back down and she seems to have no concept of this and seems to think she is just entitled to just do whatever she likes. Imagine her having to get a real job and having to do some real work, when she can't even do something as lighthearted as talking about makeup on youtube.
I agree on the period thing, I don’t suffer myself at all really thankfully but I used to work with a girl who used to suffer horrendously with period pains and eventually was diagnosed with endometriosis.....she barely had a day off despite being told to by work to look after herself and would just plough on in the office with her pain and hot water bottle because she felt bad taking time off for something she felt was soo trivial. She would have to be on the phone to customers talking about difficult health issues and she wouldn’t even complain at all and we all used to really feel for her! I bet she would have loved to have been working from home basically doing what the hell she wanted like Emma is rather than having to work a 9-5 job every day.....she literally has it so easy even if she is suffering! She can pick and choose when she works, take time off or have a break whenever she likes etc! She has no concept of how normal people just have to get on with things on a daily basis, it makes her seem so out of touch and privileged it’s ridiculous! And like you say, if you suffer that much, go to the bloody docs and get some help to advice rather than sitting on your lazy arse and feeling sorry for yourself!! That’s what normal people do because they can’t sit around all day doing f all because they would get the sack!! Makes me so angry!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ooo I spy a new excuse for no videos.... can you hear that noise? No crack on love
Building works (or whatever that noise is) go on for a few hours at most during the day... if you’re actually dedicated to growing your channel, you can work around those.

Close your windows, move to another room, do a video with a voice-over, there are plenty of options.

Reactions: 11
Building works (or whatever that noise is) go on for a few hours at most during the day... if you’re actually dedicated to growing your channel, you can work around those.

Close your windows, move to another room, do a video with a voice-over, there are plenty of options.
Totally agree! I live in a block of flats, been working from home the last year, every Tuesday bar a couple the gardeners come and all day they are mowing and strinming etc....I have to have teams meetings or calls and I just have to work around it or apologise for the noise.....lady this morning in my team has neighbours doing building work, all she did was moved to another room the other side of the hour and apologised to us if we could hear it....imagine if we were all calling in to our employer moaning that we couldn’t work because it was too noisy outside our house! Honestly she is beginning to become a bit of a joke with all these excuses I think!

Reactions: 12
Totally agree! I live in a block of flats, been working from home the last year, every Tuesday bar a couple the gardeners come and all day they are mowing and strinming etc....I have to have teams meetings or calls and I just have to work around it or apologise for the noise.....lady this morning in my team has neighbours doing building work, all she did was moved to another room the other side of the hour and apologised to us if we could hear it....imagine if we were all calling in to our employer moaning that we couldn’t work because it was too noisy outside our house! Honestly she is beginning to become a bit of a joke with all these excuses I think!
Totally agree. I see other youtubers just explain theres noise outside and crack on!

Totally agree. I see other youtubers just explain theres noise outside and crack on!
Me too.....other people have to work and sometimes it causes noise, you just have to deal with it! Guarantee she won’t do any work now because it’s too noisy! It’s just an excuse not to do anything!

Adding a voice over shouldn't be a complete revelation, surely? She has a ringlight etc. as well so she could film in the evening when it's quieter. There are other options.

Reactions: 6
The thing that is so outrageous about you tubers like emma is that their work is their life. So I don’t really understand how they companion about time and burnout etc. she doesn’t need to do anything additional to earn money (apart from the editing, but she doesn’t seem to have videos to edit)

like she films herself doing a workout- something she was doing regardless
Films what she eats in a day- was doing regardless
Films putting makeup on- was doing regardless
Films going for walks- was doing regardless
Films meal prepping- was doing regardless

the list could literally go on. You tubers do their daily shop and make it a profitable video. That is not working. That is simply living in front of a camera

then these people will give u all these recommendations with how to use your time and that you should be journaling and scrap booking and colour coding your spice rack. I actually have this weird thing called work for 40hrs a week + commuting

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The thing that is so outrageous about you tubers like emma is that their work is their life. So I don’t really understand how they companion about time and burnout etc. she doesn’t need to do anything additional to earn money (apart from the editing, but she doesn’t seem to have videos to edit)

like she films herself doing a workout- something she was doing regardless
Films what she eats in a day- was doing regardless
Films putting makeup on- was doing regardless
Films going for walks- was doing regardless
Films meal prepping- was doing regardless

the list could literally go on. You tubers do their daily shop and make it a profitable video. That is not working. That is simply living in front of a camera

then these people will give u all these recommendations with how to use your time and that you should be journaling and scrap booking and colour coding your spice rack. I actually have this weird thing called work for 40hrs a week + commuting
Yep! She doesn't even do aesthetic vlogs like some others so literally just films a 2 or 3 minute clip here and there, maximum 20 mins of filming a day for those vlogs.

Reactions: 7
the stupid thing is as well she could make the cleaning and tidying part of her video!! she could literally clean and tidy her house on work time but instead lives in a sess pit and claims to not have any time to do anything, yet does nothing besides workout and meets friends?

Reactions: 11
the stupid thing is as well she could make the cleaning and tidying part of her video!! she could literally clean and tidy her house on work time but instead lives in a sess pit and claims to not have any time to do anything, yet does nothing besides workout and meets friends?
That's such a good point, she could use everyone's favourite buzz word.... Declutter! People seem to love a cleaning time lapse as well.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.