Emma Tamsin (Hill)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she had naturally curly hair she wouldn’t need to put so much water and product in it to make it curly. It looks so greasy because she’s using the wrong products and too many of them!

Reactions: 7
Omg her roots in that pic 🤢 her hair looks absolutely awful, she needs to stop trying to force this - why doesn’t she just go back to using the chopstick tong like she always used to?! Oh I forgot she suddenly has “naturally curly” hair 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t get the whole hair thing. She’s claiming it so healthy and curly... but is still scraping it back and twisting it down into a bun, erm Em babes that’s why you have so much breakage🤨

Her all body store sells a new jumper that says

“Your direction is more important than your speed”

now I’m pretty sure I have NOT seen a single post, caption or comment that gives credit to who wrote the quote, Richard L Evans. In fact she has alluded to it being something she thought up?? dunno, it’s not sitting well with me at all.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just caught up with her ad for badoo. Date honestly?? So does that mean lying about your size, accent, tampon knowledge?🤔

Reactions: 2
.... What is with these plus size activists?
Why is it that before they start following health at every size movement they look fine.
But once they're in it they've gained so much weight.

Reactions: 1
.... What is with these plus size activists?
Why is it that before they start following health at every size movement they look fine.
But once they're in it they've gained so much weight.
I think some people just don't understand the idea of neglecting your body and the real reality that over indulging on food and drink on a regular basis, doing little to no exercise is actually self abuse. People think oh but "I'm just eating pizza and I'm not 600lbs so I'm doing fine." You may think you're fine but you're getting yourself into bad habits, ones that can become addictive just like smoking or alcohol abuse. Sugar addiction and binge eating is no different. It's still a disorder that's hard to overcome especially if you aren't really aware of it. I read an article a while back that said "it is very common to be overweight but it's not normal."

Once you start seeing it like that, you realise that actually doctors and health experts really do have a point about keeping weight under control.

Reactions: 5
I think some people just don't understand the idea of neglecting your body and the real reality that over indulging on food and drink on a regular basis, doing little to no exercise is actually self abuse. People think oh but "I'm just eating pizza and I'm not 600lbs so I'm doing fine." You may think you're fine but you're getting yourself into bad habits, ones that can become addictive just like smoking or alcohol abuse. Sugar addiction and binge eating is no different. It's still a disorder that's hard to overcome especially if you aren't really aware of it. I read an article a while back that said "it is very common to be overweight but it's not normal."

Once you start seeing it like that, you realise that actually doctors and health experts really do have a point about keeping weight under control.
For me, I Know my overeating is an addiction even though many will say it isn't, It's what I turn to when I'm down. When I'm stressed. When I'm happy. I then eat (anything, could be healthy or not) and I feel immense guilt at eating. Which makes me miserable again and so i eat to make my self feel better which again leads to guilt. I write it down and it's rediculous. I'm trying my HARDEST to break my cycle in don't want to leave my babies without a mother. It's so hard.
I can't go to the GP because I know they will judge me and dismiss me so I'm doing it on my own but it's hard to look after you body when deep deep down you absolutely hate yourself. So when the body pro influencers say they love their bodies. They don't. I don't. They just lie to themselves.

I've lost 7lb which is nothing but it's the right direction.

For me, I Know my overeating is an addiction even though many will say it isn't, It's what I turn to when I'm down. When I'm stressed. When I'm happy. I then eat (anything, could be healthy or not) and I feel immense guilt at eating. Which makes me miserable again and so i eat to make my self feel better which again leads to guilt. I write it down and it's rediculous. I'm trying my HARDEST to break my cycle in don't want to leave my babies without a mother. It's so hard.
I can't go to the GP because I know they will judge me and dismiss me so I'm doing it on my own but it's hard to look after you body when deep deep down you absolutely hate yourself. So when the body pro influencers say they love their bodies. They don't. I don't. They just lie to themselves.

Sorry that was a bit well mememem 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Sorry that was a bit well mememem 😂😂
7lbs is definitely a good start. I'm starting with guosto meals like Jess. For 2 not one, I have one portion for dinner and the other for my lunch the following day. It's going well. I love having the ingredients and recipe sent to me so I don't have to be rushing round the supermarket getting hot under my mask and stressing about getting all the stuff I need just to cook a meal 😂won't be a forever thing, just need some good recipe ideas really.

I've been overweight since I was a teenager. It's weird when you feel like you've always been that way so losing weight and being a normal weight range feels like being a movie star, a pipe dream. I follow loads of weight loss channels and it's amazing what people have achieved. Men and women. It's definitely doable, not easy but it is possible if you're dedicated and commit to it.

Reactions: 3
I think people would respect and could relate to Emma a lot more if she spoke about her issues with food and her eating habits, rather than projecting the idea she eats a relatively healthy "normal" diet and works out. To maintain the size she is she must be eating way too many calories. She states she tries to send the message that bodies don't have to be perfect to be beautiful, well stop pretending that you lead a perfect life and dont struggle with food addiction, which is okay to admit as lots of people go through this. I think its about time she was honest with her followers.

Reactions: 8
My biggest issue with the whole modern bopo thing is that it seems to push, or at best imply the narrative that some people just are fat/thin? Like you can be born fat, in the same way that you can be born short or tall and what you eat won’t change it. Find that really strange.

But at the same time I don’t think Emma has any obligation to come out and say “yeah I’m obese, this is why” and show herself binging or whatever. I think she genuinely is just showing what she likes to do (work out, yoga, cook etc), which is how most of us use social media. Granted, most of us don’t make money off it lol

Reactions: 4
My biggest issue with the whole modern bopo thing is that it seems to push, or at best imply the narrative that some people just are fat/thin? Like you can be born fat, in the same way that you can be born short or tall and what you eat won’t change it. Find that really strange.

But at the same time I don’t think Emma has any obligation to come out and say “yeah I’m obese, this is why” and show herself binging or whatever. I think she genuinely is just showing what she likes to do (work out, yoga, cook etc), which is how most of us use social media. Granted, most of us don’t make money off it lol
I get she may like doing those things and eating healthy when she feels like it but I think it's more about appearances for her. She isn't passionate about a vegan lifestyle, working out and doing yoga, she just thinks it's fashionable and something to aspire to.

Those influencers who practice what they preach with health and fitness are the ones who are sending a positive message about health and nutrition. I just don't think Emma is sending a positive message at all. Her appeal has always been about being real with her audience. I think followers feel let down because in this area she really isn't being. Especially not about her size. We all know she needs to size up in clothes for them to be at least comfortable.

And tbh why is it taboo for plus sized men and women to be open and talk about their issues with food and insecurities about being bigger? I get she is a fashion influencer but she does dive into mental health and try and highlight the importance of it. I'd be interested to see if this 21 glow up talks more about relationships with food and general advice regarding nutrition. I know she's getting her personal trainer involved in that aspect so I think it's a positive step that she is promoting projects that discuss health and wellbeing in all areas.

I joined her 21 day Glow Up page out of interest. Her personal trainer seems great, I think it could be quite beneficial to people. But I just watched their recent Live. Emma looked so glazed and unbothered - like she didn't want to be there. She comes across as so unapproachable... knowing her track record with consistency I'm wondering how shes going to manage...

I am SO ANNOYED with Instagram influencers not listening to the government guidance. Emma is from Preston and last Friday it was placed into restricted measures so she is not allowed, by law, to meet anyone inside other than people from her own household or social bubble. She is in bloody Glasgow with two people who do not live with her and she can't claim to be in a social bubble with them as we have all seen she has been going home to her mum and dads! Seriously what makes you above the rules and its especially damaging when she has a big following! BE MORE RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR ACTIONS.

Reactions: 13
I am SO ANNOYED with Instagram influencers not listening to the government guidance. Emma is from Preston and last Friday it was placed into restricted measures so she is not allowed, by law, to meet anyone inside other than people from her own household or social bubble. She is in bloody Glasgow with two people who do not live with her and she can't claim to be in a social bubble with them as we have all seen she has been going home to her mum and dads! Seriously what makes you above the rules and its especially damaging when she has a big following! BE MORE RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR ACTIONS.
Wasn't she in the nightclub too that was reported as one of the places that increase infection... Switch?? The first nightclub to open and they broke lockdown rules ith social distancing? When she cut her toes??
Just carry you potentially infected arses up to Scotland and spread it there. Idiot.

Selfish IDIOT.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.