Emma (smug) Thompson preaches to us Plebs....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

She tells us its ok for HER to fly all over the place because she can afford to plant trees to cancel out her carbon footprint.
Now she's left Hampstead behind and buggered off to another one of her homes in Europe because the Brexit voters have ruined England for her.
Good grief can anyone BE more smug ?

Reactions: 16
Erm the British public basically funded her privilege by seeing her films for years. I liked her but it is so easy to be smug when you are a theatre/film luvvie. Will still be coming back for roles though I bet.

Reactions: 12
Good riddance. I find what she said about the UK in that article hurtful. She doesn't deserve to live here, hope she gets fat on cornettos in Venice 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not bad is it, after that shyte "comedy" show the BBC gave her when she was an unknown, she gets a role in a West End Musical Show which had the script from the original "reworked" by the equally smug Stephen Fry.
He makes millions from rewriting somebody elses work and then she goes and takes Jane Austen's "sense and sensibility" and makes a screenplay from it and makes millions and becomes a darling of Hollywood.

These smug people are nothing but plagiarists hiding in plain sight.
That's great - very clever of them and I would be fine about it if they weren't so smug, smug, smuggity smug.

And she gives her mother jobs in her films - nepotist as well - and her mother can't even act.

Reactions: 17
I had my fill of these preachy celebs long ago but they get worse and worse with their unbridled arrogance. The nastiness the likes of Emma Thompson keep throwing at every day people who are barely scraping by just trying to live their lives blows my mind. How they can't see how hateful they're being, and how anyone supports them, is one of those things I can't understand as it's far more than people just expressing their opinions as we've all a right to do, it's a hate campagin.

Reactions: 10
There are a lot of smug celebs preaching at us - but Emma Thompson must be up there at the top of the list on the most smug.

Reactions: 7
How lovely to be able to bugger orf to their house in Italy because of the rain and cake 🤔(what’s wrong with cake anyway)

It’s a shame she’s a tit because I like her as an Actress.

Reactions: 6
What I can't understand is why people who play dressing up for a living think they are in any way qualified to speak about politics or anything else? They all seem to think that just because a lot of people know who they are that they can ram their opinions down everyone else's throats. I am sick of the lot of them - the only one I like and admire is Ricky Gervais as he has a spine and the strength of character to call out bullshit when he sees it. Plus he loves animals.

Reactions: 13
Brexit Derangement Syndrome. All the luvvies whipping themselves up into a fury because the little people didn't vote the way they think they should have. They can all fck off abroad. Won't be missed.

Reactions: 11
This little person won't be watching anything Saint Emma is a part of in future.

She doesn't disappear into her character and become them anyway.
She's always Emma Thompson in a costume.

I am fighting a war against Smug celebrities.
Especially the preaching kind.

Reactions: 9
It's easy to flounce off abroad when you have money and are gifted citizenship!! Some people take years to get through the emigration process. At great cost.

Reactions: 8
What I can't understand is why people who play dressing up for a living think they are in any way qualified to speak about politics or anything else? They all seem to think that just because a lot of people know who they are that they can ram their opinions down everyone else's throats. I am sick of the lot of them - the only one I like and admire is Ricky Gervais as he has a spine and the strength of character to call out bullshit when he sees it. Plus he loves animals.
Because your job isn’t the only thing you can think about or have an opinion on? Because, thank god, LONG gone are the days when the pretty little women were told to keep their silly ideas about the wider world in their teeny tiny brains.
Good grief.

Because your job isn’t the only thing you can think about or have an opinion on? Because, thank god, LONG gone are the days when the pretty little women were told to keep their silly ideas about the wider world in their teeny tiny brains.
Good grief.
Ive never understood the ‘celebrities should keep their opinions to themselves’ mindset, they’ve got every right to say what they want as do the rest of us.

Reactions: 7
I like her a lot as an actress, which is why it's disappointing when she craps on people for having the "wrong" opinions.

That's the thing. I do think celebrities are as entitled to express their opinions as the rest of us, but they take it further than that. They try to tell people how to think and are more judgemental and nasty than the people they think they are standing up to...that's where they go wrong.

They have every right to express their opinions as long as they return the courtesy.
Preaching and hypocrisy are not welcome either.

I like Emma Thompson, though I can see why people find her irritating.

The only difference between our opinions and their opinions is that theirs get in the papers.

Reactions: 4
Good grief.
No problem with people talking about things other than their job or having opinions. I do, however, have a problem with people like Emma Thompson and her ilk lecturing and preaching to the rest of the world whilst doing the very things they are saying the rest of us shouldn't be doing! She's a sanctimonious hypocrite.

Around the time of love actually, nanny mcphee, sense and sensibility etc I really had quite a soft spot for Emma and really liked and rated her.

The last 2 to 3 years however.... Ugh. Her husband was unbearable on celeb bake off, so smug and fuming when he wasn't center of attention.

MUst be bloody awkward in that house with the egos fighting amongst themselves.