Emma (smug) Thompson preaches to us Plebs....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She ticked me off majorly when she visited Devon, and told Exeter that the population was "too white." Whilst at the time living in .... Hampstead, the whitest enclave in London at roughly 98% white! There is a very good video 're infuriating virtue signalling celebrities (including her) on the Paul Joseph Watson channel on YouTube. (He also called her out for not taking in refugees, as she has a many-roomed mansion and nagged about this too.) Seems to me that many SJW celebs have a 98% hypocrisy ratio too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Good riddance. I find what she said about the UK in that article hurtful. She doesn't deserve to live here, hope she gets fat on cornettos in Venice 😂😂
She doesn’t even seem to realise that Scotland is part of Great Britain. What a numskull.

Quick, Boris, close the borders because of Coronavirus so she and Greg can’t get back in.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know where she is now? Has she come back?

You've got to admit, it was bad timing to hoof off to Italy.

She's gone a bit quiet. I'm surprised she left her mum and sister behind in West Hampstead, they always seemed a very tight three some.

Reactions: 3
She ticked me off majorly when she visited Devon, and told Exeter that the population was "too white." Whilst at the time living in .... Hampstead, the whitest enclave in London at roughly 98% white! There is a very good video 're infuriating virtue signalling celebrities (including her) on the Paul Joseph Watson channel on YouTube. (He also called her out for not taking in refugees, as she has a many-roomed mansion and nagged about this too.) Seems to me that many SJW celebs have a 98% hypocrisy ratio too.
Ironic isn't it that the actress, who is always typecast as a bland, white woman, should have the temerity to criticise one of our fine English counties for being "too white". She certainly won't be able to say that about Italy but she will definitely stick out like a sore thumb there. I find her, and her ex Kenneth Branagh, very pompous and not particularly talented; dull as ditchwater, both of them.

Reactions: 9
Am I a close friend of Emma and Greg,,,nah prob not,but I have spent time with her in this country and abroad,shes not perfect,like all of us she lumbers through life trying to make the best of it...My pet hate growing up was seeing endless celebs on chat shows and the like saying Money doesnt make everything ok and give you a perfect life...i was like...sure..liars.....you know what it doesnt they are right..Im something of an old hippy too,I contradict....get it wrong,but Emma is a good egg..she really is,When an already low budget film she was on got the budget slashed,I know for a fact she took no wage to make sure the other actors were paid...Greg has issues which make him seem abrupt btw,I find him to be quite shy and rather sweet

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not bad is it, after that shyte "comedy" show the BBC gave her when she was an unknown, she gets a role in a West End Musical Show which had the script from the original "reworked" by the equally smug Stephen Fry.
He makes millions from rewriting somebody elses work and then she goes and takes Jane Austen's "sense and sensibility" and makes a screenplay from it and makes millions and becomes a darling of Hollywood.

These smug people are nothing but plagiarists hiding in plain sight.
That's great - very clever of them and I would be fine about it if they weren't so smug, smug, smuggity smug.

And she gives her mother jobs in her films - nepotist as well - and her mother can't even act.
Her mother (Phyllida Law) has 142 credits on IMDB, going back to 1958. She is a very successful actor, if anything the nepotism went the other way.

What I can't understand is why people who play dressing up for a living think they are in any way qualified to speak about politics or anything else? They all seem to think that just because a lot of people know who they are that they can ram their opinions down everyone else's throats. I am sick of the lot of them - the only one I like and admire is Ricky Gervais as he has a spine and the strength of character to call out bullshit when he sees it. Plus he loves animals.
If I'm a plumber am I allowed opinions on music? If I'm a politician am I allowed opinions on films?
I find it hilarious that actors aren't "qualified" to talk politics but it's ok for (actor) Ricky Gervais to speak about politics, because you like him/his opinion/his love of animals 😂 . I don't know what you do for a living, but I do hope you're qualified to be here in celeb gossip!
(Please don't take offence, I'm laughing at the silliness not at you personally, PoleStar 😘)

Reactions: 1
One can only hope she’s stuck in Italy somewhere
Nope. Emma Thompson and her husband planned to live in their house in Venice after they were given Italian citizenship on February 28 instead they moved to their Scotland house on March 3 where they have stayed for the lockdown. Funny because she said they would leave Britain after brexit.

Reactions: 4
If there was an oscar for world's biggest hypocrite I think Emma Thompson would walk it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nope. Emma Thompson and her husband planned to live in their house in Venice after they were given Italian citizenship on February 28 instead they moved to their Scotland house on March 3 where they have stayed for the lockdown. Funny because she said they would leave Britain after brexit.
To be fair, she cant exactly leave, can she? If theyve only just got citizenship it's hardly the time to move to Italy. It's possible she could go afterwards

Well shes just a silly luvvie really isn't she? She's embarrassing herself.
Yep, her and that other dick head Lily Allen, the twit who cried for the poor wefugees in the camp where a female reporter was brutally raped. :mad:
Happy to own more than two houses but not so happy to fill the spare ones up with the refugees they claim so much love and sympathy for.

Reactions: 6
Yep, her and that other dick head Lily Allen, the twit who cried for the poor wefugees in the camp where a female reporter was brutally raped. :mad:
Happy to own more than two houses but not so happy to fill the spare ones up with the refugees they claim so much love and sympathy for.
I think Emma Thomson is as dull as everyone here says and I cant bear Lily Allen. But it's not for celebs to house refugees any more than it is for Marcus Rashford to pay for free school meals. Both these things are the job of government to either house asylum seekers or sort out our crap immigration system and process genuine asylum seekers and get rid of the bogus ones pronto. Part of the reason we have an issue with people trying to come here illegally is because they know they can disappear and work in the black market. The chances of getting caught are minuscule. That's the governments fault. In the case of the school meals, charities had been banging on about this for months and the government had procrastinated until Rashford got involved. It may be that Thomson and Allen felt the same. She rubs people up the wrong way with her flying round while going on extinction rebellion marches, and Lily Allen just rubs people up the wrong way but they are voicing their opinions just like anyone on here. No one cares about our opinions though!