Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts? I feel like her latest vlog was an example of applying a fast fashion perspective onto home decor. Buying trend led bits & pieces that you grow out of after 3 years. and chuck it all out to delve into a new trend.... seems to be relevant to a lot of bloggers nowadays, usually "kindly gifted" too, but like the era of massive primark hauls, it creates a sort of warped idea of consumerism, if it's viewed normal to "rip it up and start again" so often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Wow this thread is dead just shows boring she is. Why has she suddenly gone all home improvements in her videos? they are just as boring as her fashion ones

Reactions: 3
Remember when she used to do HUGE Zara try-on hauls? And she’d order clothing in fabrics she’d never own (eg polyester) so she always knew it was going to be sent back after the try on. This is despite 80% of returned online shopping stock going straight to landfill!

No idea if she’s still doing this sort of content as I tuned out a few years ago. Probably shamed into halting it by now.

Reactions: 5
I’m actually enjoying her home videos but probably only because I’m planning renovations at the moment so I’m interiors obsessed! I like that they are trying to do a bit of the work themselves too. Saying that, I stopped watching her fashion videos because they were insanely boring, she has so many clothes but they all look the same!

Reactions: 6
I quite like her home renovation videos because seems to be doing a lot of the work and using what she has. But then I watch a lot of Lydia Millen, so anything seems better after that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can’t quite put my finger on it but they seem very rehearsed. I feel like there’s been moments when they’re doing something random just for vlogging content but act as if they didn’t know the other one was filming, if that makes sense. Such a shame I feel this way now because I do really like her, she was the only youtuber I would love to watch at one point!

I stopped following Emma since I couldn't handle the way she speaks and her boring hoard of clothes. Her fake sustainability and hauls were too much for me. I'll watch a travel vlog if its recommended on YT but that's it.

I've replaced her with Signe from Use Less, she's Danish. Highly recommend for sustainability, minimal style and home decor. They recently bought a new house and are completely renovating it themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I stopped following Emma since I couldn't handle the way she speaks and her boring hoard of clothes. Her fake sustainability and hauls were too much for me. I'll watch a travel vlog if its recommended on YT but that's it.

I've replaced her with Signe from Use Less, she's Danish. Highly recommend for sustainability, minimal style and home decor. They recently bought a new house and are completely renovating it themselves.

Signe is terrific. I’d love to see more YouTubers like her.

• Heart
Just watched her latest vlog - haven't watched her or seen anything of her for ages and OMG she looks so rough, what's happened to her, her face looks terrible, her hair is horrendous and she looks like she's aged ten years? Also this makeover she's done of her bedroom is really bad, lamps with wires hanging from them! oh dear!

I quite like her home renovation videos because seems to be doing a lot of the work and using what she has. But then I watch a lot of Lydia Millen, so anything seems better after that. 😂
I love her, shes always really interactive on instagram too.

I used to really like her before she joined YouTube. Her blog was great and her instagrams were funny, she seemed down the earth and relatable. Not sure what’s changed now but she just doesn’t seem to same anymore.

I watched almost every video of hers shortly after she started YT, but then something changed after Simon started working for her, and I lost interest. I still watch some of her videos, but have unsubbed a while ago.

I have been loosely following their renovation now, they are going all in aren't they. They are even planing on gettin a new sofa even though the one they have was is only a year or two old. I also realized that they have not been using the studio recently (the one in te garden that they spent quite a bit of money on).

How long until they change their mind and do changes to their house/ studio again?

Reactions: 2
I always wonder why she's middle parting her hair, it doesn't suit her face shape at all.

I dont mind the house renovation vlogs but shes known as a fashion blogger and has just dumped her fashion videos.

I love renovation videos, but usually people don't just go from one type of content to another without further explanation. Her blog has not been updated since late November last year, so I don't really know how they can afford all the work they are doing. Maybe they are just making most of the influencer lifestyle before the bubble burst, they can probably put some of the renovation expenses as business expenses and get the money back later🤷‍♀️

Edit: found a fashion post for early December 2019!

Reactions: 1
I love renovation videos, but usually people don't just go from one type of content to another without further explanation. Her blog has not been updated since late November last year, so I don't really know how they can afford all the work they are doing. Maybe they are just making most of the influencer lifestyle before the bubble burst, they can probably put some of the renovation expenses as business expenses and get the money back later🤷‍♀️

Edit: found a fashion post for early December 2019!
Fair enough if she wants to do house content but she could at least do one fashion video one week then home video the next.

Watching her new non renovation video and I think that neck botox she had may have been a mistake. What was bothering her actually looks more pronounced now 🙈

Really like her, I know this post is probably for the rave thread. She’s obviously well off and I can agree with the previous hauls she used to do being a bit much. I love what they’ve done to the house, Sharing the how to’s etc but she’s really interactive and nice when I’ve responded to things where we’ve ended up having a good chat. She’s harmless.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.