Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest video is clickbait 100%. Her tips to sell stuff on pre-loved sites aren’t groundbreaking and are pretty much the same as the ones these sites provide in their welcome emails - be specific in your product descriptions, take good pictures, cross-list, take advantage of fee free days, etc.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel so early into 2021.

Reactions: 6
I think I might be done with Emma Hill; she has absolutely nothing to offer anymore. The holiday break doesn't seem to have helped her content in any way, and in fact, she looks really tired and haggard in that video. Speaking of the vid, she fails to mention the most important money-making tip, which is to not pay for your items in the first place. Nothing like the old #gifted double dip!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I think I might be done with Emma Hill; she has absolutely nothing to offer anymore. The holiday break doesn't seem to have helped her content in any way, and in fact, she looks really tired and haggard in that video. Speaking of the vid, she fails to mention the most important money-making tip, which is to not pay for your items in the first place. Nothing like the old #gifted double dip!
I was done when she disappeared in the first lockdown without any explanation. I have looked at her YT vid titles to see what she's put out since, and somehow it's even more boring than ever. I can't actually watch her content now, it would feel like a punishment.

I follow the thread because of you guys (so many whom I posted alongside on GG) and your brilliant insights into various topics, but I cannot see myself clicking on or consuming Emma's content ever again.

She seems to have given up and decided she'll only make the easiest videos she can. It's no longer an anxiety issue; she's being lazy and doing the bare minimum to get an income.
Given how privileged she is to be able to continue working seamlessly (and without any necessity to change her usual formula) throughout the pandemic- whilst many of us ended up unemployed or needing to completely revamp our methods to get our jobs done virtually- her laziness feels like a real slap in the face.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ugh why do fashion YouTubers think we all want a tutorial on how to do gel nails at home? I will watch a nail youtuber for that, she's really run out of ideas

Reactions: 10
Ugh why do fashion YouTubers think we all want a tutorial on how to do gel nails at home? I will watch a nail youtuber for that, she's really run out of ideas
I didn’t watch the tutorial but oh my, the comments and her responses!!

Reactions: 4
I didn’t watch the tutorial but oh my, the comments and her responses!!
Wow she’s really going for it in the comments 😆😆😆. All she has to do is say she understands the frustrations and this is just a temp thing while salons are closed (even if it’s not and she wants to keep doing them herself) the statement who needs salons was prob a bit of bad judgement clearly people don’t like what she said so why can’t she just say yer I shouldn’t have said that!
Why do insagrammers find it so hard to read the room?! She needs to chill lol

Reactions: 11
I really wish we knew what happened at the Hill household mid first lockdown that made Emma change so radically (herself and the direction of her channel). She answered a comment on her new video saying "Sorry but it’s just better for my mental health to not have the pressure of doing them ❤" (referring to vlogs) but... I always felt like she was a natural at filming them? She uploaded pretty constantly and seemed quite relaxed in them, as if she was very on tune with her chilled and homely lifestyle and managed to show quite a bit of things even if she didn't leave the house that much. It never felt as if the videos where filmed under pressure or by a person that was pushing themselves if you know what I mean, which is something that I do see from other vloggers (Zoe Sugg for example).

Wow she’s really going for it in the comments 😆😆😆.
omg when the alert came up saying you quoted my message and I saw your username I felt genuine fear that you were Emma - saw my life flash before my eyes 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
omg when the alert came up saying you quoted my message and I saw your username I felt genuine fear that you were Emma - saw my life flash before my eyes 💀
🤣🤣🤣 I’d be surprised if she didn’t have a profile on here she seems to like a good arguement!!!

• Haha
She must have already deleted those comments. Every one that’s still there is praising the video 🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Can you just imagine the amount of negativity and self pity when Emma and debs (bang on style) are in the same room.

they both seem really draining, I had to unfollow both as I just felt really low when watching either of them.

Reactions: 15
Instagram comments!
Ah! Thank you! Reading now and WOW. The passive aggression is out in full force.

Also, her labeling everything “cruelty free” is stupid. I don’t know why it grates on me so much, but coming from her, it just seems so self-indulgent.

Ah! Thank you! Reading now and WOW. The passive aggression is out in full force.

Also, her labeling everything “cruelty free” is stupid. I don’t know why it grates on me so much, but coming from her, it just seems so self-indulgent.
Why is it stupid? How is it self indulgent? If it reinforces the cruelty free message then why not 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Emma has jumped on the “ethical” bandwagon after years of promoting hauls of fast fashion from unethical brands and continues to support H&M for some reason - they must pay well 🤷🏻‍♀️ I feel her labelling things “cruelty free” is further tokenism, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
After reading the comments above I went and looked at the IG post mentioned and WOW she has spent ages replying to so many comments. There's proper little discussions going on too... but going by her own past history this seemingly harmless post will probably end up causing her quite a bit of anxiety/stress.

Would it not be easier to just say thank you, noted and put in a little disclaimer, for her own mental health, rather than trying to justify herself ("my content won't please everyone etc") all the time..

Also agree re the sentiments about greenwashing, tokenism etc. While it is admirable she is making cruelty free and greener choices, it doesn't change the fact that she has SO MUCH already, which she discards to replace with "better" options... surely a simple first step is just using what you already have, rather than sending even more rubbish to landfill and CONSUMING more....

Edited to add: i think this person just made harmless comment (and also raised a good point), why the need for this response...which then led the commenter to almost apologise for this ("didn't mean anything bad"..)
This isn't the first time someone has apologised to Emma for leaving comments that she over reacts to..

Attachments

Last edited:
i used to love Emma but abandoned a while ago because her style didn’t gel with mine anymore. In fairness to her she has triumphed cruelty free for a while as an animal lover. I agree with environmental blindness though - even doing your nails is environmentally unfriendly, more stuff that we don’t need produced to dispose of! Now we all have things we could but don’t give up so that’s not a judgement per se, but you don’t see IGer who really are environmentally focussed (not fashion ones) gelling their nails.

i used to love Emma but abandoned a while ago because her style didn’t gel with mine anymore. In fairness to her she has triumphed cruelty free for a while as an animal lover. I agree with environmental blindness though - even doing your nails is environmentally unfriendly, more stuff that we don’t need produced to dispose of! Now we all have things we could but don’t give up so that’s not a judgement per se, but you don’t see IGer who really are environmentally focussed (not fashion ones) gelling their nails.
I think it’s also the fact that if her viewers are cognizant of what they’re buying and cruelty free is important to them then they’re already looking for cruelty free options. I realize she’s been on the cruelty free bandwagon for a year or two, but there’s just something about they way she mentions it or specifies it that is really holier-than-thou. Basically, she’s a snob.

Reactions: 6
Has she removed the "Who needs a salon?" bit in her post that everyone in the comments is up in arms about? Because I swear I saw it before, but it's not there now. Anyway, even though I think people were overreacting to it, Emma is so unnecessarily defensive. She says she can't please everyone and then proceeds to clap back at every single person in the comments who criticizes her. Girl, pick your battles!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.