Emma Hill #2 Content is reduced, reused, and recycled, but her wardrobe is brandnew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with the cleanliness issue, I don't agree with telling 800K people about it (over and over and over again).

If you look at the road she's moved to, they're all bungalows and they all look almost identical. Surely she wouldn't be able to get planning permission to change anything drastically (at least, I wouldn't have thought so).
I foresee that she will get some (well meaning) comments along these lines about planning permits and other mundane but necessary details.

I also foresee the condescending snarky replies, and I for one am HERE FOR IT!

The stress of moving, mess and dirt, and renovations plus SOCIAL MEDIA (the people are saying mean things to me!!) is highly likely to precipitate another disappearance.

Reactions: 13
Her Stories is just a constant, never-ending stream of whingeing and complaining about having to clean things. We get it, Emma. It's not to your 'high standard'. Move on.
It will be interesting to see what they do with this house, but it seems very limiting to me, with the first-floor roof space (which she'll almost certainly just fill with piles of neatly folded jeans and rails of identical blazers), and only one usable bedroom.
Also, I've looked on Google streetview. Kent countryside my arse.
It seems to be so much country side like her former home was London city.

“We are very clean people.”

Emma must believe cleanliness is next to godliness, but I personally don’t base my worth on how clean my skirting boards and kitchen cupboards are. 🤷🏻‍♀️
We had a show (probably still runs) called "Frauentausch" (Women switch or rather housewife switch). They switched households with another person for a week. With her moaning about the cleanliness and how soooo muuuuch cleaner she is, she would be a good fit. It's really like you say, they base their worth on how better they are than others in terms of cleaning. She sounds like a "Karen" (no offense to anyone with the name Karen, it's just the meme). If she could, she would call the manager. She should go back to her bob hair cut (I actually love bobs, have one myself).

1633964137738.png

The plan is to sell it once it's been renovated imo. She has already said it isn't their forever home
Then for the price they paid, it's not a good investment.

Sorry I’m with Emma on the cleanliness. I would be embarrassed if I hadn’t left the property sparkling clean and with a card congratulating the new owners wishing them happiness in their new home. I’ve always left a bottle of something nice in the fridge to celebrate with too. I even bleached my garage floor before leaving my previous house. Let’s me honest house prices are so high the vendors probably made a good profit on the house and could afford a team of cleaners for a couple of hours to clean it if they had busy lives or didn’t want to do it themselves. I don’t mind my own mess but I hate others peoples crumbs, body hairs and dirt 🤢
I mean, they had to deal with Emma all the months. But I get where you are coming from. For the 600k they got, they could've paid a cleaner.

A friend of mine wanted to extend into the roof space of his bungalow recently but wasn’t allowed to raise the roof height due to neighbouring properties
Suzy Bonaldi also wants, in the future, to add a floor on her Bunga. Hope she doesn't run into the same problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
See they bagged the strange table and all chairs as well….. no wonder the previous owners removed the log burner and fridge freezer.
Really is bungalow city ….expect its so quiet as the neighbours are probably in their eighties!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m shocked at the part of Kent they’ve moved to. I grew up a couple of towns away from where they now are, and the town nearest her was always a bit of a rundown, grotty place. I don’t think it’s changed much over the years. She certainly won’t be finding an Arket or Cos anywhere nearby, it’s more Poundland and Peacoks territory there! 😳 (nothing wrong with a Poundland bargain mind you!)
Whereabouts ?

Reactions: 3
Wow, just looked at the floorplan😮. It’s like the Crystal Maze, took me half an hour to find the front door! There is a lot you could do, and would need to do, and so much wasted space upstairs but it could cost a small fortune. I think I’d just move😁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hopefully they checked into what the building codes are for the area so they can move forward with whatever they want to do. The laws are different every where.

Reactions: 5
Can’t understand why they’ve bought a bungalow in a cul-de-sac full of pensioner bungalows. Who’s going to buy a souped-up bungalow in that area? And they’re a 5 minute walk from the centre of a town with a 62,000 population - hardly deep in the countryside 🙄 If they wanted to make a property investment in Kent there are way better places to do it than there.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That is one uuuuuuugly house and what is with the ‘we’re country folk now’ comments? All they’ve done is move to the ‘burbs 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The minute they said bungalow I immediately thought oh which one of them is ill? Sorry I bet there could be loads of young people living in bungalows but I only know elderly and people living with pretty serious illness ie a friend with MS who futureproofed their living arrangements once their symptoms got more serious

Reactions: 9
Can’t understand why they’ve bought a bungalow in a cul-de-sac full of pensioner bungalows. Who’s going to buy a souped-up bungalow in that area? And they’re a 5 minute walk from the centre of a town with a 62,000 population - hardly deep in the countryside 🙄 If they wanted to make a property investment in Kent there are way better places to do it than there.
Covid has really changed things though. The area is about an hour from central London by train, and has outside space that could be used for an office. In the new world of home working places that are suddenly very desirable. An estate agent told us that the fact we have a water tight shed with electricity is a selling point as someone could turn it into a home office.
So if they make the bedrooms work better for a family, they can make a serious return on their money

Reactions: 7
Christ I couldn’t spend more than one night in a tent I couldn’t stand up in never mind having three bedrooms I couldn’t walk around, I’m guessing that’ll be the main theme of the next vlog

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Emma doesn’t seem to mind too much how houses appear on the outside or the look/feel of the street. I’m not saying you should value kerb appeal over the inside but personally I couldn’t live anywhere where I didn’t like the general vibe.

I think bungalows (dormer particularly) especially are having a moment. Perhaps tied in with the mid century modern revival? And Hygge for home on Instagram still calls her house a bungalow, I think, even after extending it upwards and completely altering it (off topic - interesting to see her initial redesign plans posted recently which were rejected). Done well with space around them they can be architecturally impressive. But when they are in identikit rows like Emma’s in the heart of suburbia you definitely get retirement village central vibes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm interested to see the vlog on Sunday, she said she was going to be talking about their plans for the house. Will it just smack of a plea for free gifts and collaborations though?

One of my pet hates with influencers is when they claim to be 'working with' a brand, in reality all they've done is pick freebies from the website up to a certain value.

I'm with Pineapplequeen on this, done right, it could have a real mid century vibe. Ruth Crilly has a passion for mid century architecture, am following her reno. It is a marmite look though, you either love it or hate it, I love it 😂

I hope they keep the parque floor, the archway and different floor levels in the sitting room, all big 70's features.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Gosh she is such a negative sourpuss. That post about the new home isn’t even passive aggressive, it’s just defensive and pretty rude.

The new home is clearly not in the country anymore than her old home was in London CBD, so will be interesting to see where she stages her photo shoots now!

Reactions: 16
I'm amazed they've moved to that part of Kent, I think they've overpaid for this house, yes you do get a lot for you money but for very good reason, none of the surrounding towns are great they have a lot of social issues and being right on the A249 that closes regularly if there is a accident/weather. Highly unlikely she'll get a profit on the bungalow after reno

Reactions: 17
I'm amazed they've moved to that part of Kent, I think they've overpaid for this house, yes you do get a lot for you money but for very good reason, none of the surrounding towns are great they have a lot of social issues and being right on the A249 that closes regularly if there is a accident/weather. Highly unlikely she'll get a profit on the bungalow after reno
Yes! Exactly this! ☝ It is not a desirable part of Kent at all. Certainly not somewhere you’re going to make a profit on a jazzed up bungalow. Baffled as to why they’re moved there.

Reactions: 12
Yes! Exactly this! ☝ It is not a desirable part of Kent at all. Certainly not somewhere you’re going to make a profit on a jazzed up bungalow. Baffled as to why they’re moved there.
I’m sure she’ll just say it’s up and coming to make the fact they bought an ugly house in an undesirable location sink in a little better 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.