Emma Hill #2 Content is reduced, reused, and recycled, but her wardrobe is brandnew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. I think that’s every colorful piece in her wardrobe gone.

The Hermés twilly was a PR gift from when she got the smaller Loewe basket bag for the show Riviera. Unbelievable.
Wow, massive clear out.
I’m guessing everything with a ‘stock picture’ is unopened PR/brand stuff. I know it’s hers to do as she wants with, but it’s still tacky to on-sell like this; at least make a donation to charity or something!

Reactions: 17
I know it’s hers to do as she wants with, but it’s still tacky to on-sell like this; at least make a donation to charity or something!
I agree. Everyone asks what Emma does with her time and here it is: listing, processing and shipping that many items in Depop would be a huge, but lucrative, time suck.

It’s really Basic witch to sell free items when you are comfortably off.

Reactions: 18
This is probably really naive of me... is any of that stuff on depop stuff she has bought herself?!!
Does she not feel a bit embarrassed selling items she was give for to free?! 🤔 what if the companies/brands see that she is selling it on?!

Reactions: 8
what if the companies/brands see that she is selling it on?!
It's not an issue for the brands and an influencer can do as they please with the product.
*I used to work in promotions.

Often brands will send PR just in the hopes that the influencer will show it- so without an explicit agreement that it will be promoted. If the product is not in line with Emma's brand (like these happy floral outfits), she will stow them away and then offload on depop later.
If they do have an agreement for the PR stuff to be showcased, then she is free to do what she likes with it as soon as she's fulfilled the advertorial arrangement (for eg. if she was contracted to show it 3 times on insta, then twice in her YT videos, then once she has done that she can do as she pleases with the item).
It used to be that PR items were loaned out and then returned to the brand once the promotion is completed, but in the past 5 years or so it's just been flat out gifted to the influencers. It's hers now, so she can keep, gift, throw away or resell.

Like others have mentioned, she really should be using the free stuff to generate money for charity, rather than reselling for personal profit. It's the decent thing to do if she has not bought the item with her own money.
Goodness knows the NHS can use all the funding they can get during this pandemic. I find it utterly disgusting how greedy and selfish influencers are in this regard. They have multiple brand deals and many revenue streams so they don't need the money from selling PR items. These sales would do so much good if donated directly to charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. Everyone asks what Emma does with her time and here it is: listing, processing and shipping that many items in Depop would be a huge, but lucrative, time suck.

It’s really Basic witch to sell free items when you are comfortably off.
So many ‘unworn’ what happened to sustainability and a capsule wardrobe eh 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I came on here hoping to find a comment about her hair but no joy. It's so very 5 years ago..

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I came on here hoping to find a comment about her hair but no joy. It's so very 5 years ago..
Honestly, her hair looks better now than it did when she had the fried, chin-length bob. Now that it's longer, the weight of it is mitigating all the poofiness. But she would tell you, in her sanctimonious way, that she hasn't been to the salon because of COVID. Because of course, she's the only one who understands and follows the rules all the time, unlike the rest of us inconsiderate jerks. Except when it comes to all the fast fashion in her wardrobe; then she'll bite your head off and snap back that it's ~bEcAuSe Of HeR JoB~.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I can’t take a screen shot right now but interesting comment under her most recent photo asking about where she is moving.

Of course she is her normal asshole self when answering, “huh? We have a home” What’s her problem? 🙄

She then admits they are “casually looking” and will be going 30-40 min further out to be closer to family.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I can’t take a screen shot right now but interesting comment under her most recent photo asking about where she is moving.

Of course she is her normal asshole self when answering, “huh? We have a home” What’s her problem? 🙄

She then admits they are “casually looking” and will be going 30-40 min further out to be closer to family.
Emma, putting a monkey emoji at the end of your comments doesn't make your rudeness okay! But at least we know now that they would move to the countryside. If they did, I think her influencer days are numbered. Aside from acquiring more and more stuff, she clearly doesn't enjoy this job and is only going through the motions. Everyone would be better off if Emma Hill™ retired, Simon got a real job, and she just led a quiet life running an online consignment shop or something.

Reactions: 19
Here you go...
🚨 OBLIGATORY INFLUENCER COTSWOLDS MANOR INCOMING 🚨

with the addition of:
- sympathetic interiors
- a Range Rover
- gardening and floral arranging
- raised beds and a greenhouse
- feminine dresses for when she spends her days planting in the greenhouse
- wardrobe room (closets are for peasants)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Can you imagine being that defensive about every question? She is so unpleasant 🙈🙄
I have every reason to believe she is this unpleasant in person, too. She gives off a prickly vibe unless she wants something from somebody, but then overcompensates so it feels uncomfortably fake. Textbook social anxiety. I remember when she posted all those IG stories with closeups of her grimacing, like "Look at me, I'm so goofy and can take the piss!" but instead it was alarming and came off as disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have every reason to believe she is this unpleasant in person, too. She gives off a prickly vibe unless she wants something from somebody, but then overcompensates so it feels uncomfortably fake. Textbook social anxiety. I remember when she posted all those IG stories with closeups of her grimacing, like "Look at me, I'm so goofy and can take the piss!" but instead it was alarming and came off as disingenuous.
For sure she is unpleasant irl. We’ve all seen how she acts towards Simon and her mum. Very short fuse, needs to be catered to, much like a spoiled child. I don't think it’s her social anxiety at all that causes her to be this way. She’s just not a nice person and it shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Very rude response. If you don’t want to talk about moving, don’t mention it!

Reactions: 15
Emma needs to take notes from real bloggers who focus on sustainability, who wear the same items from their wardrobes for all of their content and manage to make it look interesting and unrepetitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to like Emma, but I feel like I’m living in the twilight zone with her content. It’s the same black neutral try ons every week. I quite like her style but the content is majorly flagging these days. Ending on a more positive note- I will say I do think she has a cracking figure!
I always thought she was one of the okay lot, but can see from this thread I was and am wrong!

Reactions: 11
I discovered her in 2018 . I swear her style has got even blander and more boring since then.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.