Emma Hill #2 Content is reduced, reused, and recycled, but her wardrobe is brandnew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, us British like a good moan, mainly about the weather and public transport however some people (Emma at times and definitely Moany Pebbles) are determined to make it an Olympic sport.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh most definitely understand, I'm Australian but also enjoy moaning about everything (including but not limited to: weather, covid, the government, work, rabbits/wallabies(currently determined to eat their way through my garden), dust and sometimes my husband🤣🤣🤣).

But the difference is, moaning is not an actual part of my persona, unlike dear Emma (who is unfortunately simultaneously Smug and Moany) LOL.

Their new place is not what I would have chosen (also agree, the way they banged on about being "country folk" I thought they would have gone far more "country" ), and it looks like it's going to need SO much work to transform it to Emma's standards. I'd really struggle to utilise the upstairs rooms without major renos due to the sloping ceilings, but even the ground floor seems to have such low ceilings.

It just seems like such a huge financial undertaking. Plus if you consider their "careers" and the viability of sustaining long term income to fund this... THIS would give me anxiety (and not dust or fingerprints, Emma!). Maybe they're secretly professional investors and have some sort of side line. Who knows!

But yeah happy to see Bean is still around!

Reactions: 17
I still don't get them begging for the bar stools if they weren't planning on keeping them. Seems more like they asked for stuff out of spite to make up for the missing fridge. Maybe the family liked those bar stools and had plans to you them? So wasteful from "MS sustainability "

Reactions: 12
Came across this on IG today and goodness does it apply to our Emma (and Moany Pebbles too, of course) 😂

39CE7677-7341-40FD-BE9F-1DB7354B48B9.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Okay not that I own my own home or anything like that but the layout of this house is ridiculous!! The master bedroom is TINY, and the three rooms upstairs have the lowest ceilings ever. Without MAJOR structural work, this house will be pretty hard to live in, even just with the two of them.

Reactions: 27
I'm not from the UK but when a home in my area of the world closes/is sold you're supposed to move all belongings, including junk out of premises and leave it clean. By clean I mean wipe the counters, ensure the bathroom is clean etc. Some people hire cleaners to come and clean the home for the new owner. It doesn't have to sparkle just be acceptable.

Reactions: 11
Her Stories is just a constant, never-ending stream of whingeing and complaining about having to clean things. We get it, Emma. It's not to your 'high standard'. Move on.
It will be interesting to see what they do with this house, but it seems very limiting to me, with the first-floor roof space (which she'll almost certainly just fill with piles of neatly folded jeans and rails of identical blazers), and only one usable bedroom.
Also, I've looked on Google streetview. Kent countryside my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Trying to make out she’s moved from an urban dwelling to the countryside is a laugh. In reality she’s gone from suburbia to a slightly different type of suburbia.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
“We are very clean people.”

Emma must believe cleanliness is next to godliness, but I personally don’t base my worth on how clean my skirting boards and kitchen cupboards are. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
The plan is to sell it once it's been renovated imo. She has already said it isn't their forever home

Reactions: 15
So she’s basically a property developer at this point.

I was of the understanding that the idea is to find a run down tatty property, renovate, improve and sell for profit.

But she’s moaning that the house is run down and tatty 🙄🙄 Jesus wept

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What I want to know is where the washing machine and dryer are gonna go? There's no way she'll have them in the kitchen ... Making noise ... How ghastly 😱😂
Also her and I have very different definitions of "countryside"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Probably not a great time to buy a £600k house to renovate and try and sell at a profit, she’s bought at the top of the market and missed the stamp duty holiday. I could understand if it was their forever home. She would have been better off buying a cheaper 2 bed wreak and doing a fast renovation if property development is now her thing!

Reactions: 13
After watching the home tour I have to say "I don't get it". It's no diamond in the rough, like a Victorian with decades of bad wallpaper and old plumbing that will turn into a beautiful century home once they bring it back to it's original glory.. There's nothing unique about the place and it's going to be a money pit because everything needs redoing especially the upstairs with the low ceilings. I wish them best and I will be interested to see what they do with the property. I don't have the vision for it, guess that's why I'm not an architect.

Reactions: 26
Influencing has reached a strange place if status quo is now buying & renovating houses for £££ as content. How far things have come from nail varnish and ASOS hauls

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry I’m with Emma on the cleanliness. I would be embarrassed if I hadn’t left the property sparkling clean and with a card congratulating the new owners wishing them happiness in their new home. I’ve always left a bottle of something nice in the fridge to celebrate with too. I even bleached my garage floor before leaving my previous house. Let’s me honest house prices are so high the vendors probably made a good profit on the house and could afford a team of cleaners for a couple of hours to clean it if they had busy lives or didn’t want to do it themselves. I don’t mind my own mess but I hate others peoples crumbs, body hairs and dirt 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I also when I have left a property have left it immaculate. I did many things prior to sale to make sure I could not be chipped on the price so it got max and it did. However not everyone does and the level of cleanliness is very subjective obviously.
I have developed many many properties over the years. The agent was being very liberal with the truth on it being a four bedroom as the sloping ceilings are a real issue upstairs. She really needs to lift the roof line to maximise space and profit if she does plan to flip it as it’s far too low up there.
Sour as the OP up thread is a perfect description for EH. She literally drains the life blood out of me.

Reactions: 7
I agree with the cleanliness issue, I don't agree with telling 800K people about it (over and over and over again).

If you look at the road she's moved to, they're all bungalows and they all look almost identical. Surely she wouldn't be able to get planning permission to change anything drastically (at least, I wouldn't have thought so).

Reactions: 21
I agree with the cleanliness issue, I don't agree with telling 800K people about it (over and over and over again).

If you look at the road she's moved to, they're all bungalows and they all look almost identical. Surely she wouldn't be able to get planning permission to change anything drastically (at least, I wouldn't have thought so).
A friend of mine wanted to extend into the roof space of his bungalow recently but wasn’t allowed to raise the roof height due to neighbouring properties

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.