Emma Drew #7 WLS, touches, eBooks, the lot. One thing I know, size 16 she's not!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an influencer with a considerable following she should have posted something yesterday. Even a simple “I am participating in blackout Tuesday and will not be posting” with links to relevant educators and charities would have sufficed. Hell! She could have done that retrospectively today!
Her desperate attempts to backtrack and defend herself are just so troubling. I don’t necessarily think she’s an awful person, but she needs to learn when to accept that she has made a mistake. We don’t need this desperate justification, but for her to apologise and to use her platform to shine a light on something other than herself.

Reactions: 4
I’ve seen other influencers with smaller platforms than hers reach out and offer their platform to people of colour who might want to use it to get their voice heard etc. She could even do that! It’s like her brain just doesn’t think on that level.

Absolutely horrified and disgusted at the tweet she shared and her explanation. What a racist. Shame on you Emma. Shame.

Reactions: 10
OK I know this is not going to be popular and it is not really focused on Emma Babes. So here goes I am a white 66 year old female who has seen a lot of things happen regarding POC being discriminated about and suffer a great deal for many decades/centuries far longer than the current news episode. I decry this with all other incidences. Am I educated on the topic well I am more than most the Open University triggered my interest to another level and I pursued it to help me understand I hate unfairness in any form. I lived through the struggle to get racial and sexual discrimination acknowledged and acted on. I have a lot of POC friends and I discuss, agree with and often challenge their point of view as friends do.

My question about this blackout Tuesday is that there have been so many incidents of POC being targeted and discriminated about every week, some make the papers/news others don't. Why do folks need to educate themselves now? There has always been a need for everyone to be educated and more importantly transfer that into positive action. Sadly despite a lot of effort by many it still hasn't worked and I question whether POC need vacuous mostly white influencers weighing in with a message pre set by their management in many cases. Do we see them with friends who are POC - not often, do we actually think they really care? Will they read the books they buy? They talk a good talk will it still be there for them and their followers talk tomorrow or in a year's time? There is raising awareness and there is understanding and positive action. We need to shift the minority who really get it to a majrity that do sorry bu folks like Zoe Sugg or Emma babes won't do a darn thing it will be done that get th enext insta snap up. Come back this time next year and ask them what they did see who remembers George Floyd's name.

• Heart
After seeing all that I find her disgusting. White privilege at its absolute worst!!!!!!

She’s a “I’m not racist I’ve got a black friend” kind of person it’s about SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!! I spent yesterday and this morning trying to learn and yesterday shared important information if she wasn’t sure why not educate herself or at least share some of the official sources, accounts, black people standing up and posting out there was plenty of things she could of done but fake screen shots of buying books and donating was not helpful at all it was self centred LOOK WHAT I DID LOOL AT ME I DIS SOMETHING...

Reactions: 1
After seeing all that I find her disgusting. White privilege at its absolute worst!!!!!!

She’s a “I’m not racist I’ve got a black friend” kind of person it’s about SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!! I spent yesterday and this morning trying to learn and yesterday shared important information if she wasn’t sure why not educate herself or at least share some of the official sources, accounts, black people standing up and posting out there was plenty of things she could of done but fake screen shots of buying books and donating was not helpful at all it was self centred LOOK WHAT I DID LOOL AT ME I DIS SOMETHING...
Hang on a minute let me just chime in here I have posted a short while ago where I said I have POC friends. Emma may but I don't know. Where are you coming from? As said in my previous post I am 66 I have actually lived through the years when racial, sexual and disability discrimination were challenged and anti discrimination factors put into law. Did that work? Not enough to eradicate it. Do I think white privilege is overthrown no I don't. Say what you mean by that. Saying I have POC friends for me means just that and as I went on to say I debate all of these issues with them. Do I or they want social media influencers saying xyz on their feed? No they may have an audience but will that audience hear the message and put it into action? Not in a zillion years for the majority. My POC friends want relevant folks to hear their message and help the move to getting the message recognised and enshrined into law. I emphasise why on earth do folks only NOW need to learn? This is a war that is well documented and has been waging for well over 150 years. Do you honestly believe that someone like Mrs Hinch a stupid 30 year old ex sales person trying to kid her followers she is just a normal Essex gal has a platform where posting black lives matter will encourage her hinch army to change the way they think and change the world?

Hang on a minute let me just chime in here I have posted a short while ago where I said I have POC friends. Emma may but I don't know. Where are you coming from? As said in my previous post I am 66 I have actually lived through the years when racial, sexual and disability discrimination were challenged and anti discrimination factors put into law. Did that work? Not enough to eradicate it. Do I think white privilege is overthrown no I don't. Say what you mean by that. Saying I have POC friends for me means just that and as I went on to say I debate all of these issues with them. Do I or they want social media influencers saying xyz on their feed? No they may have an audience but will that audience hear the message and put it into action? Not in a zillion years for the majority. My POC friends want relevant folks to hear their message and help the move to getting the message recognised and enshrined into law. I emphasise why on earth do folks only NOW need to learn? This is a war that is well documented and has been waging for well over 150 years. Do you honestly believe that someone like Mrs Hinch a stupid 30 year old ex sales person trying to kid her followers she is just a normal Essex gal has a platform where posting black lives matter will encourage her hinch army to change the way they think and change the world?
Sorry your post is to long to skim read right now will Read and reply properly later

I think you either share your platform for something useful and helpful or don’t bother at all don’t add tit screen shots CLAIMING you did something when in reality she probably didn’t do dot

Oh and then turning it al back to her and herself without a care in the world

I feel she’s a white privileged woman and when she’s ever doubted will drag up her woe is me my mum died we had to flea South Africa again about HER that’s where I’m coming from but then I find every day she goes out of her way to come across worse

as for the overkill comment and tweet share I can’t even put into words my thoughts

And as for why learn NOW because now is better than never in my opinion but people have to be willing to learn not just pretend for a day or follow a social media craze

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Do you honestly believe that someone like Mrs Hinch a stupid 30 year old ex sales person trying to kid her followers she is just a normal Essex gal has a platform where posting black lives matter will encourage her hinch army to change the way they think and change the world?
If it makes even one person change how they think then it’s a step in the right direction. Too many white people have sat back and watched racist acts happen for a long time and part of the point of yesterday was to show how unacceptable that is. Whether it’s sincere or just to join the crowd will soon become apparent.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven’t read here since her cancer diagnosis but just popped over to see how she is getting on and can’t see any mention of the cancer or treatment? Has this been shared since?

Reactions: 2
I haven’t read here since her cancer diagnosis but just popped over to see how she is getting on and can’t see any mention of the cancer or treatment? Has this been shared since?
She's not mentioned her cancer for a long while. Instead, she's been selling her book and blogging course and posting photos of her in dresses that are too tight.

Reactions: 9
her treatment was to go for a walk.

Reactions: 6
I've not heard anything since the Amazon gift list unless I've missed it. X

Reactions: 3
Really? What kind of cancer does she have? I was genuinely concerned when I first saw her post, now it feels very odd!
Cervical I think, but we suspect it might be pre-cancerous cells, based on the treatment advice she was given (and appears to be ignoring completely).

She seems to have enjoyed monetising receiving a "cancer diagnosis" during a pandemic. She was on instagram live within hours discussing it but hasn't said a word since. Very strange.

Last edited:
Really? What kind of cancer does she have? I was genuinely concerned when I first saw her post, now it feels very odd!
She announced she had womb cancer. She was told her treatment was gentle exercise and she also had the coil fitted. She hasn't mentioned much about it since she shared her amazon wishlist, if at all.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.