Emma drew #2 Nap den, crap den, cat den

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's running out of ideas. Her channel and social media isn't growing at all. I've been following her since last year and she's stayed at around 11k followers for the whole time whereas other channels I follow have grown and grown. Posting one video a month isn't going to do much for your fanbase.

Reactions: 3
welcome :) I agree, its like she can't be bothered to put in the effort any more, she hardly does any youtube stuff these days and when she does its half hearted and dull
What do you mean not bothered? She’s a girl boss don’t you know, she’s allowed to have as many nope days as she wants remember :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It is evident the wheels are well and truly coming off since they moved into the ‘chapel’ and I personally can’t wait to sit back and watch!

I truly believe the age of insta/ social media/ ads etc is dying and she won’t be able to live with this lifestyle forever. People aren’t buying it like they used to and people are become more and more aware of their presence online

I truly believe the age of insta/ social media/ ads etc is dying and she won’t be able to live with this lifestyle forever. People aren’t buying it like they used to and people are become more and more aware of their presence online
I don't know. I think there will always be a market for this kind of aspirational content because people are bored, nosey or lonely. Social media is a way of entertaining yourself (I rarely see someone standing alone waiting on something or someone without them having a phone in their hand), connecting with people (even if they are constantly trying to sell you stuff) and monitoring how you are doing in life (a high tech version of keeping up with the neighbours). It fills a gap.

Content-wise, I think financial vlogging is actually on trend just now. We've had a wave of minimalism/decluttering content to balance out the previous wave of "hauls" and now we're getting a lot of financial advice/side hustle/budgeting videos. I think, if Emma worked a bit more on her content and brought something different to the table, she'd actually be doing quite well right now but she's not putting any effort into YouTube or Instagram.

I think the Poundland Appreciation Society (IIRC) is fizzling out as well. No-one really cares what's new in Poundland and, if they did, they could just, you know, pop in themselves when they are passing. This is the reason so many creators start losing subs - we could play a drinking game based on her videos and Instagram content because we have seen it all before a million times.

The smartest thing she could do is to pivot and maybe start concentrating on other areas instead of just money*. She's diabetic and probably about 10 stone overweight. Having weight loss and other health related content would be an interesting move - dieting on a budget, getting fit at any size etc.

* I really have no idea how she fell into "financial" blogging because she honestly seems terrible with money.

It is evident the wheels are well and truly coming off since they moved into the ‘chapel’ and I personally can’t wait to sit back and watch!
I'm glad that they aren't buying that $hithole of a place. At last, common sense prevails. There was a reason it was so cheap to rent. It shows you how much of Emma's thinking is about how she appears to the world versus what's practical. She just loved the idea of living in a chapel, even if it was a complete dive.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't know. I think there will always be a market for this kind of aspirational content because people are bored, nosey or lonely. Social media is a way of entertaining yourself (I rarely see someone standing alone waiting on something or someone without them having a phone in their hand), connecting with people (even if they are constantly trying to sell you stuff) and monitoring how you are doing in life (a high tech version of keeping up with the neighbours). It fills a gap.

Content-wise, I think financial vlogging is actually on trend just now. We've had a wave of minimalism/decluttering content to balance out the previous wave of "hauls" and now we're getting a lot of financial advice/side hustle/budgeting videos. I think, if Emma worked a bit more on her content and brought something different to the table, she'd actually be doing quite well right now but she's not putting any effort into YouTube or Instagram.

I think the Poundland Appreciation Society (IIRC) is fizzling out as well. No-one really cares what's new in Poundland and, if they did, they could just, you know, pop in themselves when they are passing. This is the reason so many creators start losing subs - we could play a drinking game based on her videos and Instagram content because we have seen it all before a million times.

The smartest thing she could do is to pivot and maybe start concentrating on other areas instead of just money*. She's diabetic and probably about 10 stone overweight. Having weight loss and other health related content would be an interesting move - dieting on a budget, getting fit at any size etc.

* I really have no idea how she fell into "financial" blogging because she honestly seems terrible with money.

I'm glad that they aren't buying that $hithole of a place. At last, common sense prevails. There was a reason it was so cheap to rent. It shows you how much of Emma's thinking is about how she appears to the world versus what's practical. She just loved the idea of living in a chapel, even if it was a complete dive.
I think the thing with Emma is she wants to live the fairytale like a princess ie the chapel etc but in reality that doesn’t happen.

Reactions: 4
Emma *reads same book twice by accident*
“What can I use to keep track of books I’ve read so this doesn’t happen again?”

Common sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s too passive aggressive to really take any advice on. Agree weight loss and diet with her being her size would rake her in a fortune I think.
She is boring to watch I’m not being horrible but she is. I can’t see them doing that well if I’m honest. But time will tell.

Reactions: 8
New video. Another Poundland one, this time a haul.

First off, £1 for a few pins? Secondly, you can make pom poms with a bit of cardboard cut into a circle. What a waste of money!

I think she should stop with the Poundland videos
Maybe do her research properly
Shop around find some good bargains for people
Get the videos up ASAP not a week later
There’s a lot of content out there she just has to work for it

There’s a lot of content out there she just has to work for it
That's the problem. I'd say 75% of the last few months have been either "nope" days or days where she has a limited time to work because of family commitments/hypnotherapy/days out.

I find Poundland overpriced for a lot of stuff. I mean, that's how they make money: by bringing in loss leaders and hoping people then stock up on other stuff while they're in the shop. I remember seeing Heinz soup at a really good price, buying a few tins, getting them home and discovering they were 2/3rds of the size of a "normal" can of Heinz soup.

And she definitely has read The Gift before (a couple of months ago) because I remember her featuring it on her Instagram back then.

I think she's a shopaholic and justifies it by filming hauls or pretending it is part of her business. There's so much crap stuffed into that house that she's been decluttering for months and still hasn't really made a dent in the mountain of crap (and, in fact, she's not even unpacked a lot of stuff from the house move so God knows what else is lurking up in the 32ft mouldy attic space).

Reactions: 6
I'm sure I saw her venture into plus size fashion at one point. And, in the kindest way possible, I can't ever see that working.

Being a plus size fashion bloggers requires more than just being fat and whether they are a 14 or a 34, they're all gorgeous and stylish.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure I saw her venture into plus size fashion at one point. And, in the kindest way possible, I can't ever see that working.
Yeah, that died a death. There's hundreds of fashion bloggers out there vying for attention and she's not really unique enough in that marketplace.

Being a plus size fashion bloggers requires more than just being fat and whether they are a 14 or a 34, they're all gorgeous and stylish.
yep I agree, when she was doing plus size hauls and try ones she was getting it so so wrong, if she picked different clothes and went for the right size it may be different but I remember thinking oh dear when I watched this vid (link below) as everything is totally the wrong cut or fit, she needs to know what suits her shape and go with that

she needs to know what suits her shape and go with that
I don't think anything really suits her shape. She looks like an overstuffed sausage in fitted clothes but I'm sure if she went for floaty layers, it would make her look even larger. She carries all her weight around her stomach and nothing is going to sit well over that area.

yep I agree, when she was doing plus size hauls and try ones she was getting it so so wrong, if she picked different clothes and went for the right size it may be different but I remember thinking oh dear when I watched this vid (link below) as everything is totally the wrong cut or fit, she needs to know what suits her shape and go with that

How many times did she want to start a sentence with ‘so....’. Very annoying!!

Reactions: 1
Just watched the posted you tube video from above, wow, she really has no style!
It’s worth a watch for the first video alone. When she says the problem with this dress is the sleeves but fails to mention the hideous cat print! Hilarious!!!!

• Haha
Just watched the video and have a burning question- she mentioned she wanted one dress but bought 2 more to make it up to free delivery then she’d just return? Do people actually bother will all that for the sake of a few quid? Couldn’t she just click and collect?

Reactions: 1
I am plus size but I have no wish to wear cheap play suits and poundland make up. I also don't need to take six packs of popcorn to the cinema. Maybe a healthy snack if she has to eat during the film. Actually it is possible to go a couple of hours without eating. She is going to take a couple of days off as life is hectic at the momment. Oh could you click her link for 20 cogs or sign up to Krispycreme for a free doughnut.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.