Emma drew #2 Nap den, crap den, cat den

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone thinking about the matching T-shirt tents?

Don’t think it’s an issue to be honest they remind me of the Big Bang theory lads for things like that. They’re quite geeky 🤓. Everyone’s taste is different 🤷🏼‍♀️ if I had my way my oh would wear matching unicorn onesies 😂

Can anyone explain how they make their money and can afford to have ‘nope’ days every day?!!!!
I’d guess. And it’s only a guess as I’m obviously not her accountant:

She gets £xx of money for everyone she gets to join profit accumulator matched betting via her link

The same will be with a lot of the apps she promotes so the cashback sites, survey apps, mystery shopping sites, she may get let’s say £5 per person that joins, 1000 and that £5000 ( these are rough numbers)

She’ll charge £xx hour for her freelance work she mentions. Not sure what it is but she’s mention fiver gigs before

Whatever money she makes from matched betting herself; which can be a couple hundred a month with very little effort

Any paid for sponsors which will be a few grand a pop I would guess, and perhaps maybe she’s even got sponsorship with Poundland since she’s got so many followers on her page

She isn’t making money from sitting doing these survey sites herself, she’s making money by sending them customers via affiliate links (which she always marks in her posts so is transparent about)

Her courses she sells will probably be mostly written and sent out to people and just need updating every now and again, so that’s pretty passive and takes not much work once the original is complete.

She used to have rental income.

I’m not a fan of the girl but I can EASILY see where her income is racking up into the kind of figures she claims when she’s got a fairly big following. She actually put a breakdown on her site once and it wasn’t that far fetched tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Can anyone explain how they make their money and can afford to have ‘nope’ days every day?!!!!
It's a mystery.

I had a look at her blog and I can't imagine getting a lot of money from the very simplistic money advice articles she produces, unless it's from sponsors such as the really dodgy sounding 20 Cogs.

Reactions: 2
It's a mystery.

I had a look at her blog and I can't imagine getting a lot of money from the very simplistic money advice articles she produces, unless it's from sponsors such as the really dodgy sounding 20 Cogs.
I was silly enough to sign up to 20 cogs- absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: 1
I was silly enough to sign up to 20 cogs- absolutely ridiculous
I used Oh My Dosh just before Christmas and got burned by them (signed up for something, paid money but didn't qualify for some obscure reason). Can't imagine spending money on all these lottery scams, giving out my personal info to be sold to all and sundry just to get £2 here and there. You can only cash out when you finish all the offers on 20 Cogs and I'm sure most people will give up without seeing any money.

At least she's taken the essay/dissertation writing affiliate link off her website. All her sponsors seem to be dodgy, except Zoflora and they went through a weird phase of sponsoring lots of randoms.

Latest blog post is how she saves £120 a year on going to the cinema. Didn't click but assume it's a monthly subscription. My local cinema has tickets for £4.49 so I'd have to go every week to justify the £18 a month subscription... then again, I actually work five days a week ;)

Last edited:
I honestly dont understand how shes won best money blog of the year twice?
I don’t get this either, her tips involve spending money to save it...ie it’s not a saving - as illustrated by the cinema ‘saving’!

I don’t get this either, her tips involve spending money to save it...ie it’s not a saving - as illustrated by the cinema ‘saving’!
Spending £18 a month when you don’t use the cinema more than twice a year won’t make me rich!

Last edited:
When she was at the appointment for her dad she could only think about herself. How things are going to affect her . It’s all ME ME ME she is an over grown toddler .

Reactions: 5
Think it's 3 years running now. Must be slim pickings in the financial blogging world.
I really like Katy ‘Kicker’ Stevens. Her content is more varied, her little girl is the same age as mine and she does talk about her health problems and her daughter’s allergies. I find Katy to be assertive and more constructive in her response than the sly passive aggressive approach Emma employs.

Reactions: 7
She never stopped reselling. She closed her shop when ebay started allowing 100 free listings a day on personal accounts - only pay a percentage when/if you sell your items.
This may have prompted that Instagram stories rant about reselling through a private account. Screen capped it but can't upload since file it too big. Oops

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.