Emily Norris #8 Show off vlogs, forgotten dogs, spoilt children given toys and trips to flog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep seeing a pop up bathroom advert on Tattle wherever I go. Some bathroom company from posh Harrogate. Looked familiar and then Emily pops up in it. 😁

Reactions: 1
I actually quite like her bedroom, I like the vaulted ceiling and the bed, big window etc. Probably not if I found out how much they paid for it though and tbf considering they used an interior designer, it should look better, more "fashion forwards", its very plain considering. I think Zoella has the best "influencer" house, its big but cosy. Her interior designer did good imo. Emilys though is just so bland, especially the unpainted mdf looking kitchen. If it was a cheap and cheerful reno it would be fine but they clealry spent mega money on it and it has taken nearly a year to complete. Its so meh. Her old house was much nicer downstairs imo. Very similar upstairs to her old house just a bit bigger but nothing worth selling your kids over.

Reactions: 6
Just watched bedroom reveal not my style so hard judge, however it’s better than the kitchen! bit boutique hotel and a bit of colour would be nice, it’s like her and Matt bland and predictable.

Well after all the hoohaa about their bedroom I’m seriously underwhelmed. So bland and such a wasted opportunity. That interior designer is tit!

Reactions: 4
I actually like some of that room. The bed looks ridiculous and the nightstands don’t match anything but it’s a light peaceful looking space. I would have gone for black light fitting cos the bronze colour one doesn’t go with anything- think that must be Ginger nest interiors USP -nothing matches!
She has gone down the American YouTuber home style 100%.
But I have to say I don’t hate the space!

Reactions: 2
Look at her using tea towels to put the tray in the oven. Imagine spending all that money on a kitchen and not buying yourself an oven glove 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I quite like the bedroom too, esp the vaulted ceiling and the black and white.
Agree the bedside cabinets don't go and the whole whilst pleasant and calm is just devoid of any personality or personal items.

Reactions: 1
The day they build on that field and everyone has a massive direct view into her bedroom 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The day they build on that field and everyone has a massive direct view into her bedroom 😅😅
What I imagine is that they'll see Mat wearing his hat in bed with Emily sitting next to him wearing heated rollers 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The back of her house looks like a shipping container and the inside doesn't look much better either.

I think it’s just very bland and soulless (like a lot of these YouTuber mom houses). I was thinking about this the other day. There’s no personality at all. Everything is just what is popular to pick or what she thinks she should have. My house has lots of pictures and things on the wall that we have collected from all the places we’ve travelled over the years. We have our favourite books and vinyl records and things like that that reflect our personalities and bring colour and vibrancy to the place. Emily and Matt don’t seem to own anything like that, not a book in sight either in the whole house either. It could be anybody’s house. Nothing in it is personal or interesting.

Everything is beige and picked out by an “interior designer”. Bland Desenio prints everywhere and (I do like Desenio but not everywhere) and very little colour

Even their kids rooms don’t fully reflect their personalities. My kids chose their own paint and carpets and decor. My daughter’s room looks like someone vomited pink in it but that’s what she wanted and she loves it.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s just very bland and soulless (like a lot of these YouTuber mom houses). I was thinking about this the other day. There’s no personality at all. Everything is just what is popular to pick or what she thinks she should have. My house has lots of pictures and things on the wall that we have collected from all the places we’ve travelled over the years. We have our favourite books and vinyl records and things like that that reflect our personalities and bring colour and vibrancy to the place. Emily and Matt don’t seem to own anything like that, not a book in sight either in the whole house either. It could be anybody’s house. Nothing in it is personal or interesting.

Everything is beige and picked out by an “interior designer”. Bland Desenio prints everywhere and (I do like Desenio but not everywhere) and very little colour

Even their kids rooms don’t fully reflect their personalities. My kids chose their own paint and carpets and decor. My daughter’s room looks like someone vomited pink in it but that’s what she wanted and she loves it.
Exactly this. We are in the middle of a major home renovation at the moment. Our pictures and ornaments have all gone into storage and many of them will form part of our new decor. Some will be weeded out as no longer our taste but some will stay. Some are over 30 years old, they were chosen with love and care and actually mean something to us.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else think it was insensitive and tone deaf to upload her "dream bedroom and walk in wardrobe" show off video on the day of the queen's funeral? I follow a lot of YouTubers and she was the only one to upload yesterday, quite telling. She always comes across to me as not very intelligent and a bit of an airhead bimbo

Reactions: 12
Yes, I don't think she's very intelligent. I disliked her insta story which showed her boys watching the funeral. Everybody else did a post about the queen but Emily's made it about her and a bit smug that she had her boys sat watching. I'll bet they sat there as long as the snack and recording lasted and then disappeared!

Reactions: 11
Exactly this. We are in the middle of a major home renovation at the moment. Our pictures and ornaments have all gone into storage and many of them will form part of our new decor. Some will be weeded out as no longer our taste but some will stay. Some are over 30 years old, they were chosen with love and care and actually mean something to us.
Really like the room - the high ceilings, the amount of light, the wardrobe. Absolutely hate almost every piece of furniture or at least the combustion, but the worst by far IMO are those awful prints. They also scream at the girly prints.
The whole thing is so different to the decor she picked for the last house I’ve no idea why she likes it.

Yes, I don't think she's very intelligent. I disliked her insta story which showed her boys watching the funeral. Everybody else did a post about the queen but Emily's made it about her and a bit smug that she had her boys sat watching. I'll bet they sat there as long as the snack and recording lasted and then disappeared!
Oh absolutely! Those brats won't be interested in the Queen's funeral. It's all for show and nothing genuine.

Anyone else think it was insensitive and tone deaf to upload her "dream bedroom and walk in wardrobe" show off video on the day of the queen's funeral? I follow a lot of YouTubers and she was the only one to upload yesterday, quite telling. She always comes across to me as not very intelligent and a bit of an airhead bimbo
Not really. The world cant stop jjst because someone we dont even know died, even if she was the queen. Will i watch emily's video? Nah. Her videos no longer entice me, which is a shame as i used to watc her vlogs few years back and enjoyed them.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think they actually watched the funeral. She set that laptop up just to take the pic otherwise it would be on the tv. You can tell Jackson is so disinterested in in from her story.
No one can say it’s understandable for his age as my six yr old sat and watched it and was very interested in it all. Her kids just want to be on their iPads etc

I suppose what strikes me about Emily's post about her children watching The Queen's funeral is why would she? Was it a type of virtual signalling? Was it a sort of look at us aren't we all so patriotic thing? Was it to 'cash-in' on the moment thing? Was it because she wanted to 'participate' in the mourning? Whatever her reason I feel it was inappropriate and not the time to start getting her camera out. Why couldn't she have watched without posting anything?

Every time I watch her in the kitchen it seems very echoey. I presumed having a wooden floor and rugs would have helped to mitigate it. Any ideas on how to get rid of an echo as it making me nervous about renovating a kitchen to be more open plan
I agree with you . When your kitchen sounds like a station concourse with all the furniture in it… then maybe, just maybe it’s a tad too big… she constantly mentions working with her designer to make, well design decisions… but there is very little evidence of that skill anywhere in our Ems home…but like everything her real skill is chucking money at things…a house extension…a kids room… a kitchen…we all knew it was going to be underwhelming pointless ridiculous unnecessary and boring… white and grey with touches of gold… a B&Q kitchen consultant could have pointed her in that direction…. the house is soulless…. Her walk in wardrobe is… 🙄… and yes you’re all right… her ‘views’ of fields are not worth having an outdoor seating area made. So that you can have a coffee in the morning..There was no mention of coffee making facilities in the bedroom…easily remedied as Em probably has a few coffee machines that have been gifted and are unopened…now we’re in hotel territory… and how much use will it get…what am I talking about being practical and everything… clearly someone has suggested it… the builder 🤔 and Em and Matt looked at each other and said go on then… after all Jeff Bezos can’t have all our money the builders should have their share….A great video a year from now would be ‘What we wasted money on during our renovation’ But we all know that in order to make that a degree of reflection is needed… But one thing we do know is Em and Matt never look back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.