Emily Norris #6 FHMily Copying content, views taking a dent, losing fans, negativity BANNED

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t look like Botox is enough for her as she always use filters as well.

Reactions: 3
It doesn’t look like Botox is enough for her as she always use filters as well.
Do you know, instead of looking at IG and thinking how influencers make followers feel inadequate, l've started to look at how influencers, after years of using IG as a lens through which they see themselves or want to be seen, in turn go to ridiculous lengths to keep the illusion going. Her house needs to look good for the gram, so does her food, so does she, trying to portray your kids as these perfect angels, constantly buying new clothes so that followers don't always see her wearing the same thing. How exhausting, I can't fathom why you would put yourself through this ... yah, money, but is it worth it, really ? Emily, just decorate your house as you would do if it wasn't for IG, discipline your kids as any parent would were it not for the camera, just wear what you want to wear, don't curl your hair if you don't feel like it, quit the plastic face ... You're in a prison, a gilded cage, and the worse thing is: so are your children, and it wasn't their decision to make. I would dislike her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
When shes sat at the table with Jackson her extensions are so visible! Not judging, we’ve all been there 😅 Im just surprised it made it onto the video

I think its sad. She must never actually enjoy anything properly because shes always behind a camera

Reactions: 7
Well said SarahN👍 I just can't watch her anymore (I used to like her) and it is so wrong for the children that they have no privacy and I think everything she does is for the gram, trying to upkeep her image 🙄

Reactions: 7
Do you know, instead of looking at IG and thinking how influencers make followers feel inadequate, l've started to look at how influencers, after years of using IG as a lens through which they see themselves or want to be seen, in turn go to ridiculous lengths to keep the illusion going. Her house needs to look good for the gram, so does her food, so does she, trying to portray your kids as these perfect angels, constantly buying new clothes so that followers don't always see her wearing the same thing. How exhausting, I can't fathom why you would put yourself through this ... yah, money, but is it worth it, really ? Emily, just decorate your house as you would do if it wasn't for IG, discipline your kids as any parent would were it not for the camera, just wear what you want to wear, don't curl your hair if you don't feel like it, quit the plastic face ... You're in a prison, a gilded cage, and the worse thing is: so are your children, and it wasn't their decision to make. I would dislike her life.
This is such a good post,I think if more people could remember this then it would take a lot of pressure off them to try and live up to these influencers.

Reactions: 10
Just watched the birthday vlog.. anyone else think Jackson just seemed a bit miffed the whole time. Didn’t want to build his own lego.. didn’t want to get the treasures out of that mining toy.. bet he’s used to watching kids on the ipad play with toys or unbox toys.. so that’s exactly what he’d rather do in real life.. watch his Mum do it all and not actual participate and play too.

This is such a good post,I think if more people could remember this then it would take a lot of pressure off them to try and live up to these influencers.
Exactly. The more “successful” they are, the less relatable they become, and it turns off people. Defeats the purpose Of trying to grow their channel ! I feel no pressure whatsoever to curl my hair or wear makeup for my husband so the thought of doing that for STRANGERS is just something I can’t fathom 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 11
Hi Ladies, I'm here!!!! You got me 🤣. Emily has blocked me she obviously doesent have the sense of humour ( a true spurs fan wife should) 😝 .
Ostentatious is the only way I could describe her !!!! And she 100% reads here hi Ems 👋

I also feel like I can comment on the accent thing I was born and lived in America until i was six with older siblings so the accent stuck a bit , then i lived in Ireland and I have been living in the uk since 2005. My accent is a big muddle and yes very confusing for people to place me, but one sentence i say can be a mixture of everything (I can't help it 😬) but Emily switches when she is selling something she has a selling voice 🙄 and its not even Canadian its American and very annoying 😒 . She really annoyed me posting and doing videos about her youngest (should be private) toilet training. I was very impressed with Instagram when I reported the pic of him on the potty on the roadside they deleted the pic straight away 👍

Reactions: 13
Genuine question? Is it normal for the parent to have total say in what high school there child goes to?

I was allowed to choose which school I went to, as I wanted to stay with my best friend and my mum was happy to go with it.

my ex was forced to go to a school he didn’t want to and where none of his friends were going because his dad said so…

I feel like Emily is a bit like my ex’s dad, taking total control and not really listening to fraser’s opinion, but maybe I’m wrong and maybe that’s the usual way to do it?

Reactions: 4
Genuine question? Is it normal for the parent to have total say in what high school there child goes to?

I was allowed to choose which school I went to, as I wanted to stay with my best friend and my mum was happy to go with it.

my ex was forced to go to a school he didn’t want to and where none of his friends were going because his dad said so…

I feel like Emily is a bit like my ex’s dad, taking total control and not really listening to fraser’s opinion, but maybe I’m wrong and maybe that’s the usual way to do it?
From experience, it’s a mix. As a parent, you need to guide your kid towards the right choice but listen to their preference at the same time. She is probably a massive control freak though. She was already talking about secondary schools pre-COVID. She’s also one of those parents who have complete unrealistic views of their kids skills and abilities. How many times does she brag about her kids? They always do so well at everything, I’d like to know how they would react if/when they struggle at some point in their life

Reactions: 11
I cannot fathom out Emily’s face on here at all. She’s got (perfectly normal!) lines around her eyes, but her forehead looks like someone has run an iron over it 😂😂 Is this a weird new filter or something? You can’t deny she’s an attractive woman, yet she looks so strange in this story! I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that doesn’t seem right though 🤔 It’s like she’s used one of those airbrushing apps or something but then she ends up looking a bit like a waxwork 🙈🙈🙈

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
From experience, it’s a mix. As a parent, you need to guide your kid towards the right choice but listen to their preference at the same time. She is probably a massive control freak though. She was already talking about secondary schools pre-COVID. She’s also one of those parents who have complete unrealistic views of their kids skills and abilities. How many times does she brag about her kids? They always do so well at everything, I’d like to know how they would react if/when they struggle at some point in their life
Yeah exactly. Like of course the parent has to have some say in it because travel costs and the reputation of the school etc are factors for them to consider, but like you say, she is a massive control freak and she probably won’t listen to Fraser’s views.

agree with you about her over estimating her child’s abilities too. Don’t get me wrong, I get that some schools have terrible reputations, but by and large, most secondary schools achieve pretty average results and unless you send your child to private school, then it’s not going to make too much of a difference which state high school you send them too.

she clearly thinks Fraser is gifted though and that he needs a school that will realise his potential, when in reality, he’s probably just your average kid like most kids are.

Reactions: 6
I really used to love Emily’s content, I thought she was quite authentic. Things have def changed on her channel. The Botox is just crazy, I assume she doesn’t want a single line on her face but that shinny forehead is just soooo noticeable. Who wants to turn 40 and not have any lines and crazy filters. It looks weird next to Matt who looks great, but has some character in his face.

I’m certain she’s still 💯 on YouTube for her family in that they will gain positive things out of it as her career path but I realised when she was talking about high school that a lot of the boys childhood is online. Every birthday, every holiday, every Christmas, their childhood bedrooms and bathroom. For ANYONE to watch. Fraser is going to high school and any kid could hop online and see his bedroom, his bathroom his last 7 birthdays. It just all feels so Truman show. A lot of other you tubers don’t film so much personal content of their kids.

I think Emily thought the big house would lead to more followers but when you look at the comments they’re all weird gushy comments that are “you are the best mum in the world, wish I was like you etc.” . It’s quite sad the path she’s gone. There’s not much that is artistic in any of her vids anymore, you know every one is an ad.

There are others like Hannah Mags who have started doing stuff like her yoga teaching etc. and it adds a different element to her channel. Shame Emily couldn’t have added more depth cause I really used to like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel like she wasn't impressed to start with that they were looking at Matt's old secondary school. Maybe she thinks it won't be Instagramable enough. That's the impression I got from her stories

Reactions: 2
She should get rid of that interior designer! Whoever they are they’re crap! Why on earth would have a balcony and then NOT have the bed face the balcony?! Wouldn’t you want to lie in bed looking out onto the balcony instead of craning your ( shiny botoxed ) head to look sideways at it?!
I think it looks very average. The laundry room is too small and the airing cupboard looks like an after thought.

Is it safe to put floor plans online…
When the rest of your life and your children’s lives is online, floor plans online are the least of her problems!
No normal person would put so much private info on their SM.

Reactions: 12
No toilet in the en-suite 🤦🏻‍♀️ if the laundry room upstairs needs to be bigger I think the end result of the en-suite will be cramped, esp if they can't fit a toilet in it already. Lordy it get worse.

• Haha
No toilet in the en-suite 🤦🏻‍♀️ if the laundry room upstairs needs to be bigger I think the end result of the en-suite will be cramped, esp if they can't fit a toilet in it already. Lordy it get worse.
Well spotted! What ‘designer’ would forget the toilet in an en-suite?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.