Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all attention seeking together with mental health. Emily is desperate for attention and views on her channel. What probably started as a normal healthy eating regime has now got more serious because of all the comments she is getting about her weight loss. Another YouTuber, Eugenia Cooney, has gained millions of views and media interest (for all the wrong reasons) because of her weight. I believe this is what Emily is working towards, attention and fame regardless of how she gets there
I don’t think she’s ever had a healthy eating regime.. her favorite snack is cucumber.. I remember back when she lived with Jake he had pizza take out every single night and she would NEVER join him

Reactions: 15
Emily is clearly not healthy, either mentally or physically, and unless she gets healthy we will never know the full extent of her eating disorder or her issues. She is clearly not wanting to face them, hence the lying, though I genuinely think at this stage she is also lying to herself more than just her viewers. Considering who her mother is, and that she is a child psychologist, I hope she is helping Emily.
However, it looks like she has always had issues with eating, so its surprising, that it has escalated to this point. Maybe thats why the family pander to her, as they know anything more will hurt Emily even further?

Reactions: 5
sorry if i’ve misunderstood what some of you are saying but eating disorders are not for attention lol that’s not how it works, its an illness. my therapist told me it works in a similar way to ocd - logic isn’t really in control of your actions, the illness is. if you’re suffering with an eating disorder it’s almost always a) because the illness wants you thin and therefore food is scary or b) you used food as a method of control when the rest of your life feels out of control and things spiral. for a lot of people it starts as a normal diet to lose a little weight and then you get almost addicted to the euphoria you feel from losing the weight. its scary, and its serious. its not just a method of attention seeking.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have just watched her newest video after not watching her content for a few years. I cant believe how much weight she has lost, she looks like a different person!

Does anyone know what is going on? I can see people are talking about eating disorders. Is this somethings she has spoken about or something people have noticed?

Reactions: 4
Looks like they’re announcing strictly people, do we think she’s on it? 😅 or was the billboard really the thing everyone was crying over? Saw Tom Fletcher is doing it this year, so doubt she is then, he’s probably got a restraining order on her 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Looks like they’re announcing strictly people, do we think she’s on it? 😅 or was the billboard really the thing everyone was crying over? Saw Tom Fletcher is doing it this year, so doubt she is then, he’s probably got a restraining order on her 😂😂
The billboard was a Samsung ad! 😂😂

Really well said.
Out of interest has she ever mentioned any trauma?
I can imagine feeling out of control in her romantic relationship is very stressful, but as you said she is an adult woman in her mid twenties and only she can take the reigns and sort her life out. She has both the money and the time not to mention medical / counselling contacts thanks to her Mother's profession. At least she has a supportive family around her right now.
Supportive??? How can anyone be certain of this. The very fact we are all commenting on her weight loss clearly indicates that her parents should have stepped in sooner to get her the help she needs. This has not happened. Emily is continuing to lose weight and is still trying her best to convince her viewers that it is healthy weight loss.

Reactions: 1
Supportive??? How can anyone be certain of this. The very fact we are all commenting on her weight loss clearly indicates that her parents should have stepped in sooner to get her the help she needs. This has not happened. Emily is continuing to lose weight and is still trying her best to convince her viewers that it is healthy weight loss.
It’s been mentioned a lot but she is an adult, they cannot force her to do anything, so this step in idea isn’t possible, they can’t force her to go anywhere, access any treatment. She has to do it when she’s ready

Reactions: 19
The only thing they could really do is get her put in an involuntary hold which can do so so so much more damage than good. It can severely add to trauma, and even though Emily is clearly very unwell I don’t think public services would deem her as too unwell to be put under one(as our services are very stretched, crappy but thats the reality of it). She’ll have to admit herself, see a professional herself, and/or want to recover herself if she wishes to.

Reactions: 9
I'm fully convinced she has some house related stuff that she is keeping underwraps. She's been following a lot of house related places recently - flooring, bathroom people, tile places.

Reactions: 5
I'm fully convinced she has some house related stuff that she is keeping underwraps. She's been following a lot of house related places recently - flooring, bathroom people, tile places.
It really worries me to think of her living alone, considering how unwell she is while living at home

Reactions: 3
I was about to reply to that post but couldn’t have said it better myself. Thinking it’s all about the looks is just people being ignorant about what an ED actually is and what living with one feels like! Her mum is probably praying she’ll get better but she can’t do anything, exactly like the EC situation. Emily will have to see the light herself and want to recover to make any progress unfortunately. Hope she does sooner rather than later.
Well said!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.