Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Emilia was totally miscast as Sarah Connor, and that film was a mess from start to finish. I don't see Emilia as an action star whatsoever, clearly she was cast off the back of being the super-popular hot actress off GoT and having a huge following. Just like Sophie Turner who is very limited indeed in her abilities got badly cast as Jean Grey off the back of her role in the same TV show and being a redhead at that point.

I think Emilia was great in Me Before You, comedy-drama seems to suit her very well. I think she's got a long career ahead of her. Just not as an action lead in tentpole crap. She's hugely likeable and charismatic and can handle comedy, which many cannot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

pinkpalace27

She seems to me that she is a more normal celebrity who has embraced fame better than others. Knowing her limits and not to go overboard with PR and fakeness.

Reactions: 8

Sunraged

I've watched GOT from start to finish, and I didn't mind Daenerys, but when she became "breaker of chains", she really boiled my cabbage. Couldn't wait for her to get killed off...I think she was more despicable than Ramsay Bolton, who was an absolute fucking psychopath.

Reactions: 7

liar liar

VIP Member
Good for her. Yes I follow her insta. It's mostly her and her dog

God I was desperate for Cersei to die! She was horrible! Yes I think Dany was drunk on power but it was so sudden it was too unbelievable for me. Sad when Jon killed her. I cried when Ygritte died in Jon's arms though 🙄
The last series just wasn't as good as the rest. The ending was dreadful and out of character for many. Shame. However, as a whole, the story was wonderful and watching on a weekly basis was just nail-biting. Lots of new actors introduced too

Reactions: 7

Vanillaco

VIP Member
She must be very ....boring? Nice? Straight laced? VANILLA???
She's had some quite high profile boyfriends in the past. Id be surprised if she was THAT straight laced! Maybe shock, horror, if celebs want to keep their private life private, its perfectly possible to do so by not telling everyone about it, not getting your mates to talk to the press and not calling the paps every 5 minutes!

I (like everyone else it seems) have no goss. But the her film "Last Christmas" is one of the worst films I've ever seen.
aw I really want to see that, but now hubby's at home, I have to find a time when I can have the telly to myself for a couple of hours!

There used to be unfounded rumours that she was having an affair with Kit Harington while he was with Rose Leslie, but she seems to be better friends with Rose than Kit ( they've been on holiday together) and the rumours seem to have died down since she got pregnant, which is the opposite of how most 'shippers' behave!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Sunraged

Yes the complete personality change at the end was a bit much. They could easily have had her killing Cersei and then dying a hero or something.
Who is that guy? They said hes a friend. Charlie McDowell her ex seems like a piece of work.
Yeah, I was disappointed with Cersei's death, though could understand the resolve aspect of it. I wanted it to be way more satisfying than it was-love a good revenge flick, I do. As an aside, Sansa's revenge on Ramsay was *chef's kiss* brilliant.

Back on topic, I thought Daenerys was drunk with power. She had become the megalomeniacal leader that would refer to themselves as a benign dictator (while slaughtering thousands with a bloodthirsty smirk on her face as she does it). I kept singing "sisters are doing it for themselves" to myself. I'm still working out the significance of this :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I don't think she's a great actress, she was terrible in that Terminator film. I was never a massive fan of her GOT character cos I'm all about Queen Cersei, but I hated what they did with Daenerys in the final series. What an absolute mess that was. The only good thing about her character that season was that image in her final episode with the dragon wings behind her, awesome. Heard the Kit rumours, can't say I blame her. She seems lovely but if she's a cheater then that's quite conflicting. I actually she looks better with the Daenerys hair than her natural colour, which seems to wash her out.

Last edited:

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I don't think she's a great actress, she was terrible in that Terminator film. I was never a massive fan of her GOT character cos I'm all about Queen Cersei, but I hated what they did with Daenerys in the final series. What an absolute mess that was. The only good thing about her character that season was that image in her final episode with the dragon wings behind her, awesome. Heard the Kit rumours, can't say I blame her. She seems lovely but if she's a cheater then that's quite conflicting. I actually she looks better with the Daenerys hair than her natural colour, which seems to wash her out.
Im not sure how good anyone could have been in the mess that was Terminator Genysis. Agree she's not the worlds best actress but I still quite like her. I liked Dany until the end.
Anyway, I don't think she did cheat with Kit. I think people for some reason decided they would make a good couple, even though they were never on set together at the start of GoT. I think sometimes people see two attractive people, fantasise about them being together then make up crap on the Internet that then gets validated by others and it turns into the 'truth'!

Very traditional

VIP Member
I (like everyone else it seems) have no goss. But the her film "Last Christmas" is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

• Haha

Anonemxoxo

Chatty Member
I've watched GOT from start to finish, and I didn't mind Daenerys, but when she became "breaker of chains", she really boiled my cabbage. Couldn't wait for her to get killed off...I think she was more despicable than Ramsay Bolton, who was an absolute fucking psychopath.
Agree, I went through stages with Daenerys. One minute I liked her and the next I didn't. The only part of the ending which satisfied me was her being killed off.

Reactions: 4

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
She’s into the white stuff. So I was told by a friend who was at an event she attended. I was surprised!
To be honest I would be surprised if there was anyone in Showbiz who wasnt into the White stuff to some extent, at least recreationally

Reactions: 3

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
My daughter worked as an extra in that film. She said Emilia is very tiny in real life and seemed like a nice person.
She wasn't so impressed with Sue Perkins.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Yes the complete personality change at the end was a bit much. They could easily have had her killing Cersei and then dying a hero or something.
Who is that guy? They said hes a friend. Charlie McDowell her ex seems like a piece of work.

Dailychat

VIP Member
Isn’t Richard madden gay?
Bi seemingly. Long term relationships with men and women so we can only say Bi until he wants to confirm he is gay.
Don't see why he'd have to anyway, he seems extremely private and more power to him not parading everything over the media aswell.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Ooh spill the tea on Sue P!!
Not much tea to spill really other than my daughter said she was rather 'stand offish' and appeared a bit arrogant.

The one person my daughter really didn't like much when working as an extra was Gal Gadot. She described her as very 'up herself'. I don't think Sue was anywhere near Gal in terms of diva hood!