Em Sheldon #13 Comments for clout under everyone’s pic, and wears clothes that she can’t zip!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No… she’s still waiting on the coffee machine, king size bed, pod desk, fence, bedroom window seat, gold toilet flush, outdoor storage... How long will she wait until she just pays herself for all this unnecessary stuff?

Reactions: 13
I have a theory about EmSells. There is no way she gets paid for ads, if she does it’ll be under £200 for sure. My friend is a very well known influencer and I know the bench marks which brands set for paying these content creators.
I think she takes on a lot of gifted work to then simply sell the item to make the cash. Surely she doesn’t get that much on Aff links given that all her recommendations are absolutely hideous?

Reactions: 11
Her ad work is non existent now. She seems to still get given discount codes though so I guess they generate commission for her.
She simply hasn't kept up with the standard now expected from creators and people are just doing ad work in such a better way than her. I mean she is still stuck in 2015 where holding the product or putting it in shot was enough. She is just so bleeping lazy though. Anything she advertises just disappears. She constantly tags brands in pictures saying she is using everything but its basically all been gifted and there is no evidence of her actually using the products or showing that she does. She'll do these lame attempts for a week or so after an ad like with the weetabix drink and thats it.

The DFS sofa has probably already been sold!

Reactions: 3
No… she’s still waiting on the coffee machine, king size bed, pod desk, fence, bedroom window seat, gold toilet flush, outdoor storage... How long will she wait until she just pays herself for all this unnecessary stuff?
I agree I would loooove to find her eBay account that she uses to sell all this sh.

having said that, I can’t imagine her being bothered to pack / ship it to people. Maybe there’s a company that buys PR stuff off influencers and sells it?

Reactions: 6
I have a theory about EmSells. There is no way she gets paid for ads, if she does it’ll be under £200 for sure. My friend is a very well known influencer and I know the bench marks which brands set for paying these content creators.
I think she takes on a lot of gifted work to then simply sell the item to make the cash. Surely she doesn’t get that much on Aff links given that all her recommendations are absolutely hideous?
Are you kidding me, I know someone who is not that well known really but got £10k for an ad deal that was basically 4 Instagram posts and a story! It’s crazy what money brands will throw at people!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Are you kidding me, I know someone who is not that well known really but got £10k for an ad deal that was basically 4 Instagram posts and a story! It’s crazy what money brands will throw at people!!!!
It all depends on insights though, if your story views and engagement on posts is dog end then you’ll get paid nothing! For example my friend who has 300k+ got paid more than someone who has 1.2 million followers because her engagement is higher.

Reactions: 8
Ooh this is so interesting to hear about the payment side of influencing! Though I wonder how much longer it can last since there's so much distrust in the industry as a whole, feels like people are getting outed as grifters all the time - Em's too dull for a Netflix documentary of course, but how influencers like her (basically rent a gob, won't ever remix a brief to be her own view, just a quick flash of a product, a jump around, job done) are going to keep chugging along.
I wonder how much the food delivery service ads are bringing in? They're about the only regular thing she has going on.

Reactions: 4
She was asking my old company £800 for an IG post. Said no because her ER was about 0.1%

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She was asking my old company £800 for an IG post. Said no because her ER was about 0.1%
This is interesting! Did she approach your firm for the work or vice versa? What was she like to deal with?

Reactions: 5
This is interesting! Did she approach your firm for the work or vice versa? What was she like to deal with?
She approached us and we asked for her rates before saying no. She didn't reply at all after that. She was impersonal but not rude necessarily, clearly just looking for an easy paycheck. Nothing too exciting but she is vastly overcharging for how low her engagement is (obviously)!

Reactions: 14
Wow we’ve seriously peaked posting a reel clutching at a bleeping loaf 😭 I cba honestly. How she has a full time job making this tit I will never understand

It’s a low point isn’t it!! Some over filtered crappy video about bread for 200 people to like, everyone else scrolls past.

Her mum teaching her to clean and infantilising her mums dog is the best content she can come up with. Embarrassing!

Reactions: 4
£800 for a post on the gram.. then has the nerve to brag shes moved to London and pays for her flat herself. Anyone could move to London if they where getting everything for free and charging £800 for a crappy post on instagram. The nerve they all have to say they work hard as well 🤯😳🤨

• Heart
£800 for a post on the gram.. then has the nerve to brag shes moved to London and pays for her flat herself. Anyone could move to London if they where getting everything for free and charging £800 for a crappy post on instagram. The nerve they all have to say they work hard as well 🤯😳🤨
For someone with a genuine following of her size and a high engagement rate, £800 would be pretty low. But she is taking the absolute piss asking for that when her posts routinely get under 100 likes. Any brand working with her at this point needs to fire their influencer marketing team because they clearly have no idea what they're doing. Might as well burn their money.

Who on earth would take Em Sheldons advice on designer bags?! It’s laughable she does these videos because she’s clearly after the aff link money.

Secondly maybe Em needs to read the news and realise that is an economic crisis unfurling, so I don’t think many people will be buying designer bags ahead of a winter where energy bills are going to be hundreds of pounds a month.

C2E96DDC-00F4-4F65-A137-6E1730264830.jpeg

Reactions: 17
I watched the video and it's such a crap ad for the bag she's meant to be showing?! Noiranca is not even in the name of the video lol, and if you're looking for Gucci/YSL with obvious logos (3 different kinds of logo on the small one!!), as she's showing, you're not then going to be like 'oh actually, I'm going to go for a less expensive bag with a name that no-one with know or see'.

She says she's just received their bag, and just bought the tiny Gucci, AND just put an order in for the bigger Gucci... And then talking about bags she's not used and that are so far into their trend curve there's no way a designer bag buyer needs EmSells to flag Jacquemus or a nylon Prada lol. And they're very trend led which isn't exactly sustainable purchasing, unlike the brand she's meant to be advertising?! She truly does not think her content through at ALL before throwing it out there.

If she's desperate for people to see her as luxury adjacent, a video on how to get the best from the resale markets, getting into the durability of the bags (though she's clearly no knowledge of this given her love of polyester and being clueless on construction, like bag feet on curved bases/skinny strap tote bags holding heavy items), styling it with multiple outfits to show how you might get a lot of wear from each would have been smarter. But no, she only ever wants to brag. Even in the comments someone else has suggested bags in the Noiranca price range as better alternatives and she's like 'well they aren't like gucci' as a reason to not include. There are SO many bags at the same price point to discuss!! 😂 Yet another brand that has paid her and surely after this will not work with her again.

And what is the deal with her bobbly head at the beginning?!

Reactions: 7
She's trying really hard to do a posh voice in that bag video, lots of "yah" in it. Her make up looks terrible too.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Were her “house” renovations done to a really shoddy standard?! I’ve never known someone to have problems daily….. to be fair, I hope it costs her a fortune to complete the repairs, as most of the stuff was gifted and that’ll teach her for bragging!

Reactions: 10
I know, it’s mad that everything in her flat breaks or doesn’t last. I think it’s ‘her’ though as in she doesn’t take care of stuff then blames the builders / workmen because I don’t think it’s possible that everything was done so badly.

Reactions: 9
Were her “house” renovations done to a really shoddy standard?! I’ve never known someone to have problems daily….. to be fair, I hope it costs her a fortune to complete the repairs, as most of the stuff was gifted and that’ll teach her for bragging!
I bet she treated the contractors like tit so they did shoddy work on purpose.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.