Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @thecatlass for the thread title. As per Tattle guidelines, the title post with the most likes was the winner. The title is in reference to Elle's recent closet clear out, where she revealed over 80 cashmere sweaters at an estimated value of $12,000 USD.

For new gossipers:
This woman was violating Seattle lockdown rules while she continues to look for a man to put a ring on it. She quit her job and life in Vancouver, Canada for a shot to marry in Florida and was quickly dumped within months by her ex-fiance Rick (just like how she was dumped by Chris, Joe, Special Someone, and likely others in the past few years). She then moved to Seattle and tried to scam Seattle locals on the Daily Hive by pretending to be a local small business while she lived in an Airbnb. She was called out on Instagram by many people who tagged her latest victim, Dean, and he prompted dumped her as well so she's back online and man hunting. This same woman also misrepresented the truth many times in the past in everything from her job (she was never a practicing lawyer or in-house counsel) to her dress size (she buys things that clearly don't fit properly in stretchy materials, squeezes herself into them and claims to be smaller than she actually is) to plastic surgery ("bad root canal" apparently means a new chin). She also sells overpriced jewelry made of cheap materials that she strings together while watching Hallmark romance movies and doesn't offer returns when they break immediately and scarves she claims to design herself even though it's bulk ordered from a wholesaler in Nepal at a fraction of her selling price. Hunting for a rich husband has become her full-time gig while scamming her naïve viewers (she posts affiliate links for everything and doesn't mention brand names in video descriptions to force you to click her links) is her part-time hobby.

She has been extremely rude to her subscribers and is deleting any comments and blocking people that ask her questions that may question her narrative. Her house of lies is crumbling down and even her long time fans are starting to realize that everything she brags about doesn't add up, and we have screenshots of many of these deleted messages on previous threads. When you're a lying, scamming, fake 32 something with extremely thin skin that relies on mommy, scams subscribers, or leeches off men, it's not a surprise that many people will find you morally questionable and call you out for your poor behavior. Her recent "giveaways" also seem to be fake given they've either gone to people she was already friends with or people who were buying her crap jewelry, or the winners weren't mentioned at all (see past threads for receipts).

Recently, Elle has been dating "The Fisherman", a yet-to-be-revealed man who enjoys fishing and who Elle has been joining on these expeditions. Just like with her other exes, she is pretending to enjoy these activities when in reality her hobbies are shopping and preening to the camera. She also has an obsession with having pale skin and calling herself European and petite, even though she is none of those things.

Links:
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/glossypinklipgloss
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elleflorence/

Variations of her name that she's used over the years:
Eleanor Florence
Eleanor F. Lecocq
Elle Florence Marie Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Marie Lecocq
Elle Lecocq
Elle Florence Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Lecocq
Eleanor Lecocq
Eleonore Florence
Eleonore Florence Lecocq
Eleonore Florence Marie Lecocq
Eleonore Lecocq

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t believe she’s 1/3 sold out some of those colours were so muddy. Terrible. Maybe she just did the minimum buy like 10 of each ? But still that would mean she’s sold 20 I in a week!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Someone in the previous thread questioned if Elle's subscribers have been up or down. Apparently she got a 1,000 subscriber boost overnight in March 2021 after her home tour and Le Crueset giveaway. Isn't that a bit suspicious? Literally 1,000 new subscribers overnight? Seems a bit too convenient, especially since her more recent giveaways (YSL bag, etc.) haven't had the same subscriber impact. Has she bought subscribers before?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I don’t believe she’s 1/3 sold out some of those colours were so muddy. Terrible. Maybe she just did the minimum buy like 10 of each ? But still that would mean she’s sold 20 I in a week!
I think she is creating artificial scarcity so people are motivated to buy. These new scarves look trashy compared to her previous “kullections”

Reactions: 13
She has definitely purchased subscribers before.

What I still don't understand is why her name has so many spelling variations.

Edit: I just looked at her instagram. It is so off-putting to me that she literally picks a color, purchases it wholesale, and then re-ships to customers. There is no design. She doesn't even take them out of the plastic and repackage them nicely in a box she designed or anything. She just plops them in an envelope as they come from Nepal. TACKY.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Yeah the least she could do for her "luxury" brand is take the scarfs out of the plastic and put them into something else that looks any way better. Like even wrap them in a bit of tissue or crepe paper (cos ya know she French right) and then send them in the envelope. At least the paper would be recyclable.

Reactions: 11
I think she is creating artificial scarcity so people are motivated to buy. These new scarves look trashy compared to her previous “kullections”
Yes I agree. I don’t believe her. Her scarf video got so few views and lots of the views are from people who are there just for the giveaway. So like other people have pointed out, unless she only has 10 per color (maybe not even that many), it’s to me just not believable.

Reactions: 14
Yeah the least she could do for her "luxury" brand is take the scarfs out of the plastic and put them into something else that looks any way better. Like even wrap them in a bit of tissue or crepe paper (cos ya know she French right) and then send them in the envelope. At least the paper would be recyclable.
According to her website, everything is "packaged with tissue for a luxurious experience". That's not really luxurious, it's industry standard, but OK. My issue is more the shipping in envelopes. If I'm spending $160 on a cashmere scarf, I'd want it protected from pilling and abrasion and a box within a box with tissue would be more appropriate. Does Burberry ship their cashmere in cheap bubble mailers, too? Seems very Shein or Alibaba... which I guess makes sense, considering the source of Elle's pearls and other jewelry.

Reactions: 18
According to her website, everything is "packaged with tissue for a luxurious experience". That's not really luxurious, it's industry standard, but OK. My issue is more the shipping in envelopes. If I'm spending $160 on a cashmere scarf, I'd want it protected from pilling and abrasion and a box within a box with tissue would be more appropriate. Does Burberry ship their cashmere in cheap bubble mailers, too? Seems very Shein or Alibaba... which I guess makes sense, considering the source of Elle's pearls and other jewelry.
Nope.
All in boxes.

Reactions: 1
Ok but the box probably costs more then the scarf 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm curious as to how much Elle makes from her business. Businesses can be surprising. Even small businesses can make a lot of money, like $100,000 easily per year. If Elle makes enough money from her business good for her. Doing your own business is a good option because working for others has a lot of stresses it entails. I actually like some of Elle's jewellery. It's not overly fancy and pretty casual. Good for taking with you on vacation or something. I'd never live with myself if I lost real diamond studs in some Caribbean resort.

I'm wondering now that she is working from home, what Elle is going to do with all her clothes? She has far too much already.

Reactions: 4
So Elle passed the bar in Washington ... congratulations to her! I guess that's what she was doing all summer which is a much better use of her time than filming hauls.

Only one thing is that she looks unrecognizable!! What happened to her? Is it the COVID weight gain? Is it the Karen-esque haircut? Or is it just gravity? She looks like she's in her 40s in this video and I'm pretty sure she should only be in her early 30s right?

Reactions: 9
I'm curious as to how much Elle makes from her business.
I'm curious too but I hesitate to call Elle's venture a business. Outside of her social media, it doesn't exist! The only people who are even aware of it are people who watch her videos, and the last couple of years her views have been around 10-20K a video. She used to do pretty healthy business during the Joe era (vlogs would always show a stuffed tote of orders to be mailed) but since then her views and engagement have really dropped off. She was probably doing pretty well during the Joe era but now... it's probably a supplement to her income, most of which comes from her mother.

OK so Elle uploaded her swearing in ceremony for passing the bar in Washington State. I think that her best option is to work for the federal government as a lawyer of some sort. She can make a decent amount for little stress. It won't affect her side gigs.

I thought she wasn't talking about her career anymore on YouTube? I also thought she was talking about "starting over" I wouldn't really count getting licenced in a new country as starting over. In my field there are a lot of people leaving and my colleagues that are switching are either going into real estate or are going back to school.

If I moved to Canada and needed to be licensed sure that would take time and money but that's not the same you are using your same knowledge and skill set. Now if I decided I want to become an accountant THAT would be starting over. Shes so dramatic about everything.

I was hoping for an engagement. Come on Elle lots of us here are rooting for engagemas 2021

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So Elle passed the bar in Washington ... congratulations to her! I guess that's what she was doing all summer which is a much better use of her time than filming hauls.

Only one thing is that she looks unrecognizable!! What happened to her? Is it the COVID weight gain? Is it the Karen-esque haircut? Or is it just gravity? She looks like she's in her 40s in this video and I'm pretty sure she should only be in her early 30s right?
It's Covid weight gain. It's the Covid 15 lol. I gained about 15 pounds and had to work really hard to lose that weight. Like for 3 months, I ate salad and protein for lunch, and cut down carbs for dinner kinda thing.

Reactions: 8
LOL about the "I didn't want to talk about it" how much do you bet she didn't want to talk about it in case she failed?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe finally a Hermes Kelly out of Mama G's pocket;)
Because, you know, a nod to her European heritage
I thought you were gonna say to hide her pregnancy from paparazzi like princess Kelly did😂

All jokes aside, good for her for passing the bar in Washington. I do hope that she’s able to start a new happy chapter in her life, and hopefully a more genuine and kind one.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.