Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE="Drasticactions, post: 6698543, member: 28718"

So does she even HAVE a job? Wth is she doing all day

At 6.40 mins she describes her work as “her money hustles in life”. Hmmm
[/QUOTE]

I heard "many hustles in life." Still awkward wording.

Reactions: 9
So her chopping board is not only a chopping board, it’s also a pot holder and a food tray. Got it…🙄

honestly if she is able to buy all those lecreuset, she can certainly buy a new and probably bigger chopping board, a real pot holder, and a food tray. Don’t know how many times I need to say it but she’s really ridiculous.
This is what annoys me so much. Why is she using her cutting board as a plate and a cutting board and a trivet? Like go to Ikea Elle and buy a couple of cheap cutting boards. I do that every few years once my old ones get weird and then I recycle them. Also pot holders and trivets are cheap. Go to tjmaxx Elle! Go to target! Anywhere. Go to the outlets! There are Williams and Sonoma outlets get some cute stuff. You'd think she's be all over the deals.

Is she incapable of spending money on things she can't brag about? Yes cutting boards and pot holders, trivets, and trays are not glamorous but seriously buy one somewhere. Having the basics so you aren't eating your cereal out of a measuring cup or whatever is a lot classier than eating off of a 6 year old cutting board.

To me luxury is having all the stuff I need to make my life easier. Sure having some nice hand bags and comfortable nice shoes is great too. But having a well appointed kitchen esp if you like cooking is a true luxury.

Reactions: 12
Totally random, but I just saw that one of The Dolls™ has been getting press recently here in Vancouver for her cocktail company. If only Elle had stayed here, she could have become the in-house counsel at Duchess Cocktail Company! She might have even been able to come up with idea herself. At the very least, I'd hope she'd get a complimentary bottle to share on her socials. Maybe the fisherman isn't into cosmos?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Totally random, but I just saw that one of The Dolls™ has been getting press recently here in Vancouver for her cocktail company. If only Elle had stayed here, she could have become the in-house counsel at Duchess Cocktail Company! She might have even been able to come up with idea herself. At the very least, I'd hope she'd get a complimentary bottle to share on her socials. Maybe the fisherman isn't into cosmos?

What in the 2014 Instagram is that photo?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she mentioned work like 20 times in that cooking video. She was really laying it on thick that she has a job. I am working from home as a lawyer and I barely have time to make a simple sandwich and shove it in my mouth, so I wish I could have this time to make her feast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It bothers me that Elle has a massive Lululemon collection and doesn't make good use of it. Her Lululemon collection is $$$$.

What is the point of having nice workout clothes if you don't work out? I go to a nice gym and a lot of girls there are wearing Costco branded gym clothes. I'd say 50% Costco, the other 50% are wearing Lululemon. But they are there having tough workouts, lifting weights. OK so Lululemon can be used as casual clothes but Elle has such a massive wardrobe collection she doesn't do that. My workout clothes are from Marshall's and Costco's. But I workout regularly and I try to have a trim and toned figure. Lululemon are for special treats only for me.

Last edited:
Elle is just a hoarder with a shopping addiction. I think it isn't uncommon for people our age who don't have kids and work full time to have more of something that we like (shoes, bags, make up, work out gear) but usually it is just one or two categories. Elle just has too much of everything. hell she even seems to be hoarding furniture now (all those new chairs and the green love seat when she has multiple leather couches)

She's taken the mentality of treat yourself to a whole different level

Reactions: 18
Makeup goes bad after a while. I think EVERYONE should have a small collection. I've gotten an eye infection from old makeup before and old lipsticks stinks after a while (the fats in there gets bad). I had to be on antibiotics. It was terrible. I threw out thousands of dollars worth of makeup and I was like, "never again."

So now I only have 2-3 eye shadow pallets in total because Urban Decay pallets are expensive. And I use the small mascaras as well, the sample types. Powders are a bit better but new products come out every few years, like the Hour Glass ones. I'm telling everyone here: capsule makeup collections are for everyone. The alternative is not attractive and way worse than hoarding clothes, shoes and purses. At least those don't go stale.

Reactions: 14
She's taken the mentality of treat yourself to a whole different level
That's not fair. Her mother has taken the mentality to the extreme, it's not all Elle! Elle's like a lot of influencers -- too much stuff -- but I do wonder how that must mentally wear someone down. Her recent closet clear out gave me anxiety, just seeing that huge pile of clothing on her bed. I'm not minimalist but it's ridiculous when you run out of closets to store your clothing! I'd hate to be a guest at her place, you'd be afraid of the closet bursting open and being struck by a rogue Chanel bag or $120 candle.

Reactions: 6
That's not fair. Her mother has taken the mentality to the extreme, it's not all Elle! Elle's like a lot of influencers -- too much stuff -- but I do wonder how that must mentally wear someone down. Her recent closet clear out gave me anxiety, just seeing that huge pile of clothing on her bed. I'm not minimalist but it's ridiculous when you run out of closets to store your clothing! I'd hate to be a guest at her place, you'd be afraid of the closet bursting open and being struck by a rogue Chanel bag or $120 candle.
Honestly I just watched another girl on YouTube trying to organize her clothes and there were piles of junk everywhere and she was buying all these plastic drawers to contain the mess. It was almost worse because she just has fast fashion and mainly stays at home wearing comfy clothes so it's not like she really needs to keep so much AND she just moved into a townhouse for just herself but seems to be filling it with so much. I am no minimalist either but I admire that much more. All of this girl's stuff everywhere that's also stressing her out because she's created work for herself to go thru it all and organize everything was seriously giving me anxiety. I just say this because it's not just Elle...a lot of people seem to fill up their spaces wayyyy to much. Hey, if you ever watch Love It Or List it usually the main problem is just that the people are slobs. I feel like just organizing their place makes a big difference.

• Wow
This is an unkind observation, but factual: the cutting board has outlasted her relationships, aside from Mama G.

She came up on my feed at the start of the pandemic and I was kind of curious. Who is this pretentious person? She loves pashminas, cheesy smizes, terrible catwalks, and dramatic gazes to the side - but I'm mesmerized. My life is crazy busy and her la la land is a comedic escape for me. I thought I couldn't be the only one and googled her and discovered this awesome group. I didn't even know this website existed. After reading about her past, I'm INVESTED.
2 questions:
1. What's your Elle journey?
2. Is it just me, or does she pronounce Christmas as "Grissmas"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
LOL I love you! That was exactly how I felt.

I searched how to redo old dressers on YouTube if I recall correctly and came across her redoing an old one when she was with Joe. I was hooked. The pretension, the camera-bleeping gaze, the fact that he seemed completely disinterested and she was so oblivious. Then I discovered her Fraaaaanch accent on stuff, her ridiculous mispronunciations of words in her native language, and her "jewelry" and I was IN. lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
2 questions:
1. What's your Elle journey?
2. Is it just me, or does she pronounce Christmas as "Grissmas"?
My Elle journey started a few months prior to the Joe breakup. I just randomly searched for a Vancouver blog (I live here) and Elle popped up. I didn't find her problematic at first; her videos (especially the vlogs) were better than most influencer content and I liked seeing her life. She seemed a bit quirky and a bit cringe -- the constant shopping and little giggly girl act were particularly memorable -- but she was fairly normal and her videos were decent. Once Joe kicked her out, everything started to go downhill for me. I discovered GG and read about all of her craziness and the lies. I was pretty shocked she so blatantly lied about working as a lawyer, because she used that so much as a marketing tool. That's the biggest thing for me, the lies! And the overall behaviour. Buying a cat instead of adopting, lying about facial surgery ("bad root canal"), exaggerating a "life-threatening" injury (no medical professional would call putting your hand through a window life-threatening) for sympathy, selling used clothing with makeup stains, talking constantly about how French, European, Belgian, she is, etc.

Now I hang out here and don't really watch her videos because they are so dull and boring. I am fascinated by her life now... the journey from a vibrant, if shallow, life in Vancouver to her current hermit existence on Bainbridge Island, retiree central, is so strange and I can't relate at all to it despite being around the same age. I won't even touch the whole Rick marriage situation because that was literally insanity.

To your second question, yes. It's always been "grizz-mas". Also, "cuush-ahn", "pah-aa-let" and anything French always pronounced in a thick, overly dramatic French accent.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
For me, it was definitely the “modeling” and prancing in front of the camera while wearing outdated fashion and pageant hair and makeup that drew me in. I always found her lookbooks cringeworthy, and they just made me laugh (and still do). Never really got into her blogs or cared much about her personal or professional life until the whole Rick implosion, of course! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Actually found her content right around when the loft tour video dropped when she was still with Chris. Soon after she was moving out and I kept watching because I was so confused! Elle made it seem like the loft move was recent so I kept up with her content to figure out what the heck was going on. All these years later... I'm still scratching my head and just as confused as ever with her life. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14

This reminded me of Elle so much.

I first started watching Elle in her bachelorette pad after Chris kicked her out. Only watched intermittently bc she always got on my nerves. But I started watching a lot right around the time Joe dumped her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think her first video I watched was the reveal of the green Chanel flap bag (I found it now and she posted it in Aug 2014). I was in my first job after university and facing the sad reality of adult life i.e. not much money is left for 'living large' after you paid your bills, food, rent, and put some money aside 😜 Yet there she was, only a bit older than me, bragging about a bag that costs thousands of $$$. I assumed she had a great degree and landed an amazing gig in corporate law but I didn't explore her channel further because I felt her lifestyle was very different to mine. Little did I know she was already in her cubicle role with 2-hour lunch breaks 😜
Then I found her again some 4 years ago when she was with Joe and I was curious about her lifestyle because she had surprisingly a lot of time for someone who I remembered as being a high flying lawyer. I cringed so hard whenever she spoke to Joe in vlogs in her baby voice and the guy was at the stage when he was just rolling his eyes at her stupidity. I started watching her semi-regularly for laughs because of her mannerisms, her conviction that she's Oh So FrEnCh, her horrible fashion sense and tops pulled over her hips, the holier than thou attitude, and the shocking lack of common sense and foresight 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't remember how I found her. I remember watching her walk through what looked like an empty office complex and twirl and then stop and look to the left and then to the right. Then she would go back the way she came and reappear wearing a different outfit. I thought there must be a van or something parked nearby and she was changing clothes.

I watched some of her earlier videos and thought how lucky she was to be able to intern in Japan.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I found Elle looking for Canadian content on YouTube. I cant remember the first video of hers I watched, but I started watching when she was with Joe. I enjoyed her vlogs, she lives in her own dream world completely oblivious to all around her and I find that fascinating. It only got better when Joe kicked her out and she did a complete 180 moving to Florida.
What mess will she find herself in next? Will see ever find her dream man?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.