Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Elle hire a PR agency? If you look at the photos she’s been recently tagged in on IG, a PR agency made a post about her new scarf and jewelry launches.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
The thing is though I don't think having a PR agency would help her. I'm elle's age and I don't want pearls or pashminas. Especially not how she styles them. Maybe a pearl pendant would look cute but a full strand of pearls are just too formal for my life style. And I'm sure her Karen's who love Elle will buy her stuff they prob don't have the kind of money where Elle can be sure they'll buy something every season. Her stuff is too expensive and too not fashionable.

Nothing wrong with having your own style and not following the trends (eventhough Elle still does follow trends even if she acts like she doesn't) but that's not how you are going to make money. The mask chain was the only trendy thing she's brought out and that was bc here on tattle we suggested it. If someone wants a nice string of pearls they aren't going to order off some random influencer they've never heard of.

Reactions: 13
I bet Elle studied and passed the bar just so that she could brag about it, look good on paper, and hope to use it to snag a man.
Let's see if this holds true, or if she actually uses it to find an actual job.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The thing is though I don't think having a PR agency would help her. I'm elle's age and I don't want pearls or pashminas. Especially not how she styles them.
i’m Elle’s age and i wear pearls and pashminas - but her pearls are HIDEOUS (i really cannot emphasise how UGLY her jewellery is) and would NEVER spend money on such rubbish. Australia has beautiful south sea pearls; Elle’s craft projects do not come close and come off as plastic knock offs in comparison.

she has no sense of style; she combines elements that make her jewellery (and her outfits) look clumsy overall. and her interpretation of “classy” always comes off “granny”

Reactions: 15
Her designs, much like her personality, her home, her sense of entitlement, and her plastic surgery, are hideous.

Reactions: 13
she has no sense of style; she combines elements that make her jewellery (and her outfits) look clumsy overall. and her interpretation of “classy” always comes off “granny”
She's literally playing dress up, as an assortment of characters. Hence the lack of style!

Work = 1980s Ivana Trump with the boucle blazers, frumpy heels, and bag with giant Chanel logo.

Date night = Harlequin romance book cover model.

Hiking/fishing/outdoor activities = Fish-out-of-water romcom character ("I didn't know heels weren't a hiking shoe! I'm a big city girl!").

Job interviews = Brooks Brothers catalogue model with a dash of Gossip Girl (the blazer with a giant fleur-de-lys seems very Blair Waldorf)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She said she was going to stay in corporate law. But if you listen when she's talking to the judge she talks about working at the place we found a few threads back. Don't think that work share place counts as corporate law and she'd never done that.

She also clearly cut a couple min of the convo bc the clock on the lecturn jumps forward a bit. Also it sounds like Elle specially requested and in person swearing in. Probably bc she wanted to film and brag about it. I feel bad for the new lawyers who maybe wanted that experience but didn't bc of covid . She's already had hers with her calling to the bar.

Probably is why the judge asked her about it bcim sure it isn't common for someone who gets accepted into another state to make such a show of it.

I'm not going to lie I was super proud when I passed my licensing exams in my field. But it just feels like instead of just owning it she feels the need to prove herself
When she was talking in her little intro, I got the impression she and judge were friendly and the judge held the swearing in in-person as a favor to Elle. But then the judge asks Elle to talk a little about herself, and it’s clear they don’t know each other. She must’ve sent a mass email to all the judges asking for an in-person swearing in. It was also at 8:30 AM so before normal hours too, right? Rude.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she did the judge swearing in because she really does need to start practicing law. I know in my state going the judge route was a way to get your license quicker --otherwise you had to wait until November. It didn't matter for me, so I didn't bother, but I know some classmates couldn't wait.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That intro showed just how little her mindset has grown since 2013! More concerned with her ugly outfit and clown lipstick wtf?? I was onboard with the rings but come on! Did she use the actual lipstick from 8 years ago too - ewww lol!!

Reactions: 9
I have a wild theory that Smelle finally understood that Prince Charming isn't exactly coming for her and if she wants to have the lifestyle she was hoping to be guaranteed by marrying a man in a profitable career, she'll have to get it through her own work as an attorney and not by shuffling papers in a cubicle role below her qualifications.

Wasn't Elle trying to get pregnant by random guys she met online at roughly this time last year? I bet she's pregnant. She knows by now no one's going to marry her unless they 'have' to.
Elle took the bar because her boyfriend wanted her to. She only got her license because of Rick! She is an empty vessel. Her only motivation in life is to try to impress people.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I watched the swearing in vlog (on VP ofc.). It was nausea-inducing. She spent so much time talking about her lame outfit that I forgot what the heck I clicked into. How to look like a grumpy Karen with clown makeup? Oh right, Eleanor Florence Marie Lecocq is standing for the WA Bar.

She looked more age appropriate in 2013. Her current “style” makes her look frumpy and outdated af. There are plenty of attorneys in their 20s and 30s that can make law firm dressing look modern and unique. Bargain Hunting Blonde is one that comes to mind immediately. I will never understand why Elle is obsessed with the 90s soccer mom look.

Reactions: 12
Someone in Elle's swearing-in video offered to connect her directly to HR for an associate attorney position at Fenwick & West! I can't even hate on that - I wish I knew someone back in the day who could have put my resume on HR's desk. 😢

• Wow
I will never understand why Elle is obsessed with the 90s soccer mom look.
It's actually pretty current, since American Crime Story: Impeachment is airing right now. Elle is giving me Linda Tripp circa 1999! And yes, I'm aware this is the actress and not Tripp, but you get the point. She's even wearing pearls!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Part of her video shows Elle swearing under oath about "never misleading judge or jury." Good thing she didn't have to say "mislead YouTube, my resume, and internet Karens."

Someone in Elle's swearing-in video offered to connect her directly to HR for an associate attorney position at Fenwick & West! I can't even hate on that - I wish I knew someone back in the day who could have put my resume on HR's desk. 😢
How embarrassing! What will happen when HR asks how they know one another? 'Elle is a YouTuber I follow..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That is crazy. I would never put my reputation on the line to refer someone I don't know at all for a job. Elle had a biglaw job and quit after a year, and has avoided that kind of job for the past 8 years. What makes this person think she wants to do biglaw now? Mind boggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That person is a freaking fool. Recruiting is going to take one look at her resume and say “pass!” 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.