Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope for her sake that she focusses on securing a cushy public sector law job rather than another Ricktard.
I thought you were gonna say to hide her pregnancy from paparazzi like princess Kelly did😂

All jokes aside, good for her for passing the bar in Washington. I do hope that she’s able to start a new happy chapter in her life, and hopefully a more genuine and kind one.
She'll never stop embellishing her achievements but if she can secure a public sector law gig - at least she can call herself a lawyer again. This is a much better focus for her than chasing after a new Rick.

Reactions: 15
Does she have a job now? I thought she said she was going to stay in corporate law. That kind of implies she is already working does it not?

Reactions: 4
She said she was going to stay in corporate law. But if you listen when she's talking to the judge she talks about working at the place we found a few threads back. Don't think that work share place counts as corporate law and she'd never done that.

She also clearly cut a couple min of the convo bc the clock on the lecturn jumps forward a bit. Also it sounds like Elle specially requested and in person swearing in. Probably bc she wanted to film and brag about it. I feel bad for the new lawyers who maybe wanted that experience but didn't bc of covid . She's already had hers with her calling to the bar.

Probably is why the judge asked her about it bcim sure it isn't common for someone who gets accepted into another state to make such a show of it.

I'm not going to lie I was super proud when I passed my licensing exams in my field. But it just feels like instead of just owning it she feels the need to prove herself

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yes she posted it just for us since we mentioned her not passing the bar in US a couple of threads back. If you're reading this Elle, congrats sweetie! You're doing great! :) Don't run off across the country and get almost married again.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So who filmed the Swearing In Ceremony? It certainly wasn’t Ginette, unless I missed her there. We would have heard Ginette say something behind the camera, or take a mother-daughter picture with Elle like they did in the comparison photo from 2013 that Elle just posted on her Instagram. I sincerely hope Elle invited her new boyfriend to the ceremony, and then made him film the entire outfit/makeup/bragfest portion along with the Ceremony. Perhaps he is just as clueless as I hoped he would be. I need ENGAGEMAS 2021!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why does Elle talk like a bad Hallmark movie character? That whole spiel about "I consider it a privilege to be here now"... really, Elle? I get that she's speaking to a judge but there is a way to be respectful without resorting to grandiose canned lines. It could be nerves? It just struck me as sounding really forced and fake, and I think it's problematic for her career if that's how she presents herself at work. She wants to be a professional but it comes across as robotic and phony.

Reactions: 11
She said she was going to stay in corporate law. But if you listen when she's talking to the judge she talks about working at the place we found a few threads back. Don't think that work share place counts as corporate law and she'd never done that.

She also clearly cut a couple min of the convo bc the clock on the lecturn jumps forward a bit. Also it sounds like Elle specially requested and in person swearing in. Probably bc she wanted to film and brag about it. I feel bad for the new lawyers who maybe wanted that experience but didn't bc of covid . She's already had hers with her calling to the bar.

Probably is why the judge asked her about it bcim sure it isn't common for someone who gets accepted into another state to make such a show of it.

I'm not going to lie I was super proud when I passed my licensing exams in my field. But it just feels like instead of just owning it she feels the need to prove herself
Honestly I cared very little about my ceremony. I wouldn't have gone except it was the only way to get my license. I didn't have my husband come and I went to work right after.

I don't think the public sector would be a good fit for Elle. Although the hours aren't as strenuous as private law, attorneys still pull late hours and weekend work. Even paralegals put in unpaid extra hours to help with the workload.

So who filmed the Swearing In Ceremony? It certainly wasn’t Ginette, unless I missed her there. We would have heard Ginette say something behind the camera, or take a mother-daughter picture with Elle like they did in the comparison photo from 2013 that Elle just posted on her Instagram. I sincerely hope Elle invited her new boyfriend to the ceremony, and then made him film the entire outfit/makeup/bragfest portion along with the Ceremony. Perhaps he is just as clueless as I hoped he would be. I need ENGAGEMAS 2021!
I think it must have been fisherman it def looked like he was filming from higher up than ginette would. I was feeling bad for the guy before, but now I am also pulling for engagemas he's got to be clueless to hang around for so long.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it must have been fisherman it def looked like he was filming from higher up than ginette would. I was feeling bad for the guy before, but now I am also pulling for engagemas he's got to be clueless to hang around for so long.
I think it’s Mr. tripod. The video was shot from the same angle without any shaking or movement.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Smelle: I want to protect my privacy, so I won't be featuring my career in any YouTube videos.

Also Smelle: Here's my swearing in ceremony.

P.S. Cool mullet, girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Smelle: I want to protect my privacy, so I won't be featuring my career in any YouTube videos.

Also Smelle: Here's my swearing in ceremony.

P.S. Cool mullet, girl.
Also Elle: I can't even show my workplace because of confidentiality and I take that very seriously as a lawyer. Also, here's my full legal name and the name of my current employer.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There are lots of attorneys who are barred in multiple jurisdictions. Granted, it's less common to be in jurisdictions in different countries but that doesn't justify the pomp and circumstance that Elle took for the WA bar. After your initial swearing in, it all is just red tape.

Reactions: 13
There are lots of attorneys who are barred in multiple jurisdictions. Granted, it's less common to be in jurisdictions in different countries but that doesn't justify the pomp and circumstance that Elle took for the WA bar. After your initial swearing in, it all is just red tape.
The judge looked a bit disturbed at swearing Smelle in.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It was almost as exalted as if she was being sworn in for president 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was invited to a friend's swearing in a few years ago (it was a large group swearing in) and I was surprised that for a happy occasion, almost everyone there looked pretty blasé and stoic about it. A lot of people already found jobs at law firms so they were busy and probably just viewed the ceremony as a formality to do. And those without jobs were busy and preoccupied with job searching. There were a few who treated it as some exalted event, and those, like Elle, were probably the types who got a law license for show, not because they are actually serious about practicing law. (Although I'd be glad if she proved me wrong about that).

Reactions: 7
The judge looked a bit disturbed at swearing Smelle in.
It's so inappropriate -- but so Elle -- that she insisted on an in-person ceremony while everyone else probably did it over Zoom. If I was the judge I'd be annoyed at having to show up to be filmed with a narcissist looney tune and her fisherman.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.