Elle Darby #48 Sorry seems to be the hardest word.

Thoughts on the apology video?

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up on the ‘I’m sorry’ YouTube - what a joke that was how insincere and cold does she come across. Plain to see she’s only sorry she got caught & not truly sorry for her hurtful tweets. I sincerely hope she doesn’t retain her following and deals after this. It’s 2021 there is no place for standing behind racists and anyone who still follows her after this has come to light & is aware of what’s happened is just as bad as she is. Swear she has no emotion at all in that video, she’s like a robot!

Reactions: 84
Why do people come to the thread and tell everyone to move on? We’re almost 10 threads in since this all came to light 😭 no one’s moving on just yet babes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 175
There was also no explanation of why she felt that way towards those groups of people, or why she felt like she had to tweet those things. So if she doesn't know why, and can't explain why she did it, then what actions has she taken to become this new person over the past 10 years? self recognition is important and as a person of colour I grew up in a majority white community and even I had to be corrected about certain things when growing up. She needs to explain herself for people to understand and then maybe people would listen, but just a simple im sorry means nothing. Not to mention it wasn't just one tweet, It was a over years and years she felt that was towards those groups of people so, why now? why is it now you're not racist ELLE? I don't believe she even knows herself. pretty sad, you can polish a turd, S*** will always be S*** no matter how many times you polish it.

• Heart
Reactions: 111
sh has such a large following still, and young people won't understand why what did she did was so WRONG. so she needs to use her platform to educate not talk about how she loves primary and home sense for tacky candles

Reactions: 11
I’m unfollowing Meggan if she doesn’t unfollower her or at least acknowledge it. But I can’t see it happening
I’ve already done it. So disappointed, would have thought Niall would unfollow, guess they are happy being friends with racists.

Reactions: 13
These threads are flying by ........

More commentary channels are picking up on the apology

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.