Elle Darby #33 In a unitard edited to high heaven, first trip to car park for Saint Seven

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NHS and FSA advise against them. However o don’t think I know a bottle feeding mum that doesn’t use one.

“I am thinking about buying a Perfect Prep Machine, is this advisable?

There are some safety concerns regarding these machines.
• The amount of liquid in the ‘hot shot’ may not be enough to kill any bacteria in the formula.
• Once the ‘hot shot’ hits the cold bottle / formula, it is cooled below the recommended 70°C.
• The rest of the feed is topped up with cold, filtered water. This water has not been boiled to remove bacteria in the tap water.
• The pipes and filters within the machine require regular cleaning and changing to prevent the build-up of mould which can lead to stomach upsets in babies.
We would always recommend making up feeds with freshly boiled water at more than 70°C.
For more information about Perfect Prep machines, you can go to the First Steps Nutrition Website. https://www.firststepsnutrition.org/
For information about how to make up formula feeds safely refer to the UNICEF Guide to Bottle Feeding. You can ask staff for a copy of this or follow the link below.
https://www.unicef.org.uk/babyfriendly/wp-content/ uploads/sites/2/2008/02/start4life_guide_to_bottle_- feeding.pdf”
Okay yeah this is what I read and we just cleaned ours every 2/3 weeks anyways and didn’t think anything of it 😬

Why are they unsafe? Genuine question btw - I used a perfect prep for my son and read up loads before we bought one and it never said unsafe so wonder if I missed anything? And tbh it was a godsend I would’ve been lost without it - but I don’t think that makes me lazy? 🤷🏼‍♀️
yeah same. I’ve never heard of this one actually so i did just Google it. I don’t think they’re unsafe - many people use prep machines as long as they are cleaned and checked thoroughly they’re fine.

I am surprised she’s sterilising the MAM bottles as they self sterilise in the microwave.

Reactions: 6
That baby brezza thing definitely isn't safe. It doesn't even attempt to heat up the water anywhere near boiling to kill the bacteria in the formula.
And who even has 2 types of prep machine? One upstairs and one downstairs....now thats lazy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
yeah same. I’ve never heard of this one actually so i did just Google it. I don’t think they’re unsafe - many people use prep machines as long as they are cleaned and checked thoroughly they’re fine.

I am surprised she’s sterilising the MAM bottles as they self sterilise in the microwave.
Bloody loved a MAM bottle for that reason 🤣. All about the easy life over here although saying that I know people that actually sterilise they’re MAM ones cos they don’t trust the microwave LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I abs
Bloody loved a MAM bottle for that reason 🤣. All about the easy life over here although saying that I know people that actually sterilise they’re MAM ones cos they don’t trust the microwave LOL
Who doesn’t trust a microwave, have they not had microwave chips before 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

It’s also the temperature of the feed/water killing the bacteria in the powder but Tbf, they are on every ‘must have’ list and everyone uses them so they can’t be that bad if people use them sensibly like you say.

I don’t think it’s lazy personally. There’s a big difference between laziness and being efficient with time and energy when taking care of a baby. If you read baby forums a lot of people have one upstairs too 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It’s also the temperature of the feed/water killing the bacteria in the powder but Tbf, they are on every ‘must have’ list and everyone uses them so they can’t be that bad if people use them sensibly like you say.

I don’t think it’s lazy personally. There’s a big difference between laziness and being efficient with time and energy when taking care of a baby. If you read baby forums a lot of people have one upstairs too 🤷🏼‍♀️
I had two! I had one at work, and one at home. When he was small, we would take the machine upstairs but I felt it was more faff than anything having to move around as I didn’t want 3. I will use a prep machine for my next baby because like you say, it’s efficient!

The important thing is you clean them properly - it’s like the munchkin 360 cups - they can be awful for mould and crap building up but if you’re thorough with your cleaning etc there’s no harm.

never heard of the baby Brezza though

Reactions: 4
Just because a lot of people use something, doesn’t make it safe. I have an issue with influencers pushing this tit to potentially new mums and thinking it must be okay cause queen Elle uses it. I think she has a responsibility to inform people that they’re not recommend and to use them at their own risk. But she won’t because 💰 💰 The baby brezza doesn’t actually heat up, so won’t be killing the bacteria in the formula. She’s putting her baby at risk cause she has to have the absolute ‘best’ of everything for the gram.

Reactions: 5
Does Elle not know most mums don’t have £199 to splurge on a bottle making machine just on a whim😬babies are expensive enough 🤣

Reactions: 8
Babies stomachs are so sensitive and the reason for using fully boiling water is to kill the bacteria in the formula powder. There will be lots of babies who are "fine" after using a prep machine but unfortunately there will be some who aren't. Tommee Tippee refuse to release their studies proving the 'hot shot' is enough to kill the bacteria which I think is sus enough 🤔

But enough mumsnet 🤣 back to the regular programming:
I would be so intrigued to see her real post partum body rather than a photoshopped version 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just because a lot of people use something, doesn’t make it safe. I have an issue with influencers pushing this tit to potentially new mums and thinking it must be okay cause queen Elle uses it. I think she has a responsibility to inform people that they’re not recommend and to use them at their own risk. But she won’t because 💰 💰 The baby brezza doesn’t actually heat up, so won’t be killing the bacteria in the formula. She’s putting her baby at risk cause she has to have the absolute ‘best’ of everything for the gram.
Wonder if she is just using this because Hilary duff has one 😂😂

American advice for formula prep doesn’t specify the need for you to use hot (70•c) water to kill any bacteria in the formula, so I think the baby brezza would be ok in the US but the UK advice is to use hot water to kill any bacteria potentially present in the formula itself which from what I can gather with the baby brezza won’t be happening in which case she might as well ditch the machines and just do the old school method of putting the water in the bottles first thing in the am and then just adding the powder as you go 🤷🏼‍♀️At least the tommee tippee has the hot shot

Reactions: 1
I was always told to never use filtered water for babies it was a big no no has that changed?

Edited: Googled it and see it’s safe now from a 2020 research so after I had my babies but I was told to ditch my Brita at the time

Reactions: 2
Jumped right on here after seeing her promote that BabyBrezza. The Amazon reviews are pretty bad, people saying it made their baby sick. I used the Tommee Tippee prep machine and even though we cleaned it well it still made me nervous. Ours packed in after 8 months too and we just went back to making feeds with the kettle and then putting them in the fridge (for however long they say the limit is).

I've seen this recently in Boots which looks very good and I'll probably get for our next baby. I'm surprised she's not got one tbh

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.