Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos: The Inventor Out for Blood in Silicon Valley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been waiting for the HBO documentary for a while but haven't had time to watch it yet. Anyone else been waiting for this or watched it?

It's one of the most interesting stories for years - fake low voice, steve jobs obsession, unbelievable lies and hoodwinking. It's crazy how long she got away with it and managed to raise so much money. With a board of regarded but clueless directors.

It is a crazy story and I don't know how she thought she could get away with it. Looking forward to hearing more about it too.

Her fake deep voice makes me LOL every time I hear it!

I learnt all about this from the podcast about it ‘The Dropout’ - I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the story. I can’t believe I’d never anything about it before but now it seems to be everywhere- with the documentary and all, which I am yet to watch but keen too. I saw a clip on YouTube where she forgets to do the voice for a second, it is hilarious. And I agree the thing that’s most facisnating about the story is how she got away with so much for so long.

Reactions: 1
Repeating myself but I do really recommend the podcast “the dropout” if you want a really detailed and well produced investigation of the whole thing.

Reactions: 2
The hbo doc is out now, has good reviews but not amazing apparently. Will still be watching it soon.

Repeating myself but I do really recommend the podcast “the dropout” if you want a really detailed and well produced investigation of the whole thing.
Thanks will check it out

Yel

Just finished the dropout, and it was good especially the last episode! I'm not sure if she's crazy or just downright delusional and desperate for fame and wealth.

Still don't understand how they could have got to the point of the wellness centres and giving inaccurate reports with all the professionals employed there. She and lots of other people should go down for this.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the hbo doc. The best part was probably their animation of why the Edison machine was so flawed - blood dripping everywhere, glass breaking and the obsession of making it no bigger than how big Lazer printers were in the 90s.

It explains alot hearing that teams were all isolated and not allowed to speak to each other. If any of them had a water cooler work chat together they would have realised how doomed it all was.

The dice analogy was great, you take a dice then say you will give whatever it lands on but you can choose after throwing if it's the top or bottom - so 2 or 5 say. When they are playing for themselves a lie detector shows they're anxious about lying but when it's for a charity they are fine with lying.

Her and suni dancing to "can't touch this" at their big celebration for one of their herpes tests getting FDA approved and then all shouting "duck you" 😂🤤

Definitely worth watching even if youve already spent hours on following all the thernos stuff

Reactions: 1