Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Audrey Coyne. She has a soothing voice, buys QUALITY over QUANTITY and isn’t obsessed with trying to look rich like a lot of these youtubers.

Elle definitely buys a lot of her expensive tit on sale. I love sales myself but only if I know I’d buy it if it weren’t on sale and I can incorporate it in my wardrobe.

Reactions: 8
Some more pics since you can only add 10 photos per post:

Screenshot_20200807_160212_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200807_160103_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200807_160045_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200807_155927_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200807_155706_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_20200807_155548_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Smelle needs to stop insisting she 'loves fashun'. She loves HOARDING and SPENDING MOMMY'S DIME. Nothing fashionable about her fugly pieces.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I love Audrey Coyne. She has a soothing voice, buys QUALITY over QUANTITY and isn’t obsessed with trying to look rich like a lot of these youtubers.

Elle definitely buys a lot of her expensive tit on sale. I love sales myself but only if I know I’d buy it if it weren’t on sale and I can incorporate it in my wardrobe.
She has the most AMAZING voice! I know it's not a podcast or ASMR but a nice voice helps A LOT. It's why I was initially drawn to Amie's channel (I'm not a Brit so I couldn't tell that she was trying hard to sound more "posh" but received pronunciation sounds so nice generally) while Smelley's congested lisp and weird Elle-isms masquerading as French are just super off-putting.

Retailers are smart...they know that the universally flattering pieces look good on most people and don't need to go on sale to sell. But seasonal colors and styles, which need to be made for "fashion" purposes, will only appeal to a small group of people so the sales are their way of clearing inventory that they can't sell. Most of us would only shop a sale if we saw something we actually loved (and would consider buying without sales) while Eleanor gets excited at the word sale and buys a ton of crap without taking into account whether it's flattering or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
My takeaway is that foot fetish Mr Next is back in the picture! Maybe he never even went away. I wonder if he'll give her a 'Tiffany' toe ring.
defo Mr Next isn't into ankles

Some more pics since you can only add 10 photos per post:

View attachment 204655View attachment 204656View attachment 204657View attachment 204659View attachment 204660View attachment 204661

Smelle needs to stop insisting she 'loves fashun'. She loves HOARDING and SPENDING MOMMY'S DIME. Nothing fashionable about her fugly pieces.
all her shoes look way too tight

oh I can't with her, watch some older videos the new voice is so put on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Eww!! She has really bad taste in shoes and NO styling ability whatsoever!! Her version of "classic fashion" always looks old fashioned.
Elle, just because you claim to LOVE fashion does not mean you do it well lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just watched an Alexa Chung video where she interviewed a lady about French style. The women mentioned that class and French style is about classic pieces and what you look good in. She also said French find it nice to not have everything scream designer.
It’s interesting how Elle wants to be sooooo European and yet people who actually are would never dress like her. She needs to watch some French fashion videos if she wants to go from clawwsic to classic.

• Heart
I honestly feel Elle shops because (1) her mother is funding her, and spoiling her (2) for boredom, (3) to fill a void in her life, (4) because she can. She is a hoarder and has way to much stuff. She needs to Marie Condo her belonging and realize that the void in her life is due to her lack of career, which stems from her laziness. And no man would marry a woman who doesn't pull her own weight. It's the same thing at work as in relationships - you're judged by how useful you are.

On Elle's Linkin recommendations, she says her mother has been trying to sell her house in Victoria on and off for 10 years because there is a parking lot to the back of her childhood house so a lot of buyers are put off. I'm thinking neither Ginette nor Elle have the best judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm curious to know what you ladies think, but I've always gotten the impression that Elle expected to marry into her property rather than purchase it herself. Either a Chris/Rick sort of situation (where they owned their places) or Joe (a guy she can convince to move into a place to her liking who can afford the monthly mortgage payments) while her earnings are used for her personal expenses (aka. ugly clothing and accessories from Nordstrom).
Yeah I think you're spot on. Elle probably operated under the assumption it's Mr Next's job to acquire real estate. That's why she never even thought about saving up for a condo as long as Weeveetoh and the sweatshop churning out $500 dinosaur sweaters keep making tit for her to blow every cent that enters her wallet on. Real #girlboss.

Yeah I think you're spot on. Elle probably operated under the assumption it's Mr Next's job to acquire real estate. That's why she never even thought about saving up for a condo as long as Weeveetoh and the sweatshop churning out $500 dinosaur sweaters keep making tit for her to blow every cent that enters her wallet on. Real #girlboss.
If Elle had her own place, she'd be a way more attractive option for a man. Maybe Chris wouldn't have kicked her out even. But Ginette is only willing to spend money on Elle's shopping addiction.

Reactions: 6
If Elle had her own place, she'd be a way more attractive option for a man. Maybe Chris wouldn't have kicked her out even. But Ginette is only willing to spend money on Elle's shopping addiction.
If only La Mer made condos . . .

• Haha
She should either have a property herself or make it clear to the partner she's serious with that she is willing to purchase a place with him and go 50/50. But she never thinks further than the next Nordstrom sale and has mentioned in the past she doesn't save a lot.

Smelle is the person who tried to convince her dumb viewers that she can afford luxury branded goods because she cooks her own lunches and makes coffee at home to take to work in a flask but everyone with half a brain can tell it's an idiotic claim. For someone that used to spend thousands annually on a Vancouver Club membership, centrally located apartment rent, weekly blow-dries etc., the tiny savings made by prepping food at home have no substantial impact on one's budget.

Last edited:
I know 2 girls from wealthy families who married engineers and MBAs respectively. They both stay home to raise kids (and to their credit, their houses are very clean and tidy and they don't have a shopping addiction). Their families bought nice houses for them. Because TBH, without an income and no house, no man would marry you. I mean you can say "but in the 1950s, men did all the heavy financial lifting." Yeah but we know from reading Henry James and Jane Austen, that if you had 20,000 pounds, men would be fighting for you. If you had 80,000 pound dowry, basically you were set in the marriage market. Even beautiful well behaved girls couldn't find a husband without a dowry.

But Ginette is wasting money on Elle's stays in Seattle, her shopping addiction and hoarding. Lol. Men are not dumb. Real life ain't a 1950s fairy tale.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I know 2 girls from wealthy families who married engineers and MBAs respectively. They both stay home to raise kids (and to their credit, their houses are very clean and tidy and they don't have a shopping addiction). Their families bought nice houses for them. Because TBH, without an income and no house, no man would marry you. I mean you can say "but in the 1950s, men did all the heavy financial lifting." Yeah but we know from reading Henry James and Jane Austen, that if you had 20,000 pounds, men would be fighting for you. If you had 80,000 pound dowry, basically you were set in the marriage market. Even beautiful well behaved girls couldn't find a husband without a dowry.

But Ginette is wasting money on Elle's stays in Seattle, her shopping addiction and hoarding. Lol. Men are not dumb. Real life ain't a 1950s fairy tale.
THIS.

In today's world, you're not gonna make a great match (this sounds so 18th century England haha) because you can cook a few dishes and primp before going out. You either have a lot to offer as a person (great personality/character, very beautiful, very interesting) or you're successful financially (whether by your own merits or inheritance doesn't matter).

When a guy sees a woman who lives a stable life and maintains her own house, he thinks she'll make a good life partner and mother to his children because she's healthy and financially sound. When he sees a girl who pays other people to wash her dirty hair and buys a tit-ton of designer goods, she just seems high maintenance and expensive, and not in a good way.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
THIS.

In today's world, you're not gonna make a great match (this sounds so 18th century England haha) because you can cook a few dishes and primp before going out. You either have a lot to offer as a person (great personality/character, very beautiful, very interesting) or you're successful financially (whether by your own merits or inheritance doesn't matter).

When a guy sees a woman who lives a stable life and maintains her own house, he thinks she'll make a good life partner and mother to his children because she's healthy and financially sound. When he sees a girl who pays other people to wash her dirty hair and buys a tit-ton of designer goods, she just seems high maintenance and expensive, and not in a good way.
Indeed. But I would also add that it would be to her own benefit to get her financial tit together, stop shopping like a maniac and buy some property — it shouldn’t be just so she can find a man.

Reactions: 10
Indeed. But I would also add that it would be to her own benefit to get her financial tit together, stop shopping like a maniac and buy some property — it shouldn’t be just so she can find a man.
Probably but I'm pretty sure Eleanor only cares about finding a man at this point. :ROFLMAO:

Tbh, in her current situation, it wouldn't be good to buy anything. She doesn't seem to have a job atm and Seattle isn't cheap so it doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing she wants the freedom to relocate for any guy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Do we even know for sure Ginette funds Elle?

Maybe she has a trust or she lives on credit. Have we ever actually outright confirmed this? I am kind of uncomfortable with this speculation.

Reactions: 3
Do we even know for sure Ginette funds Elle?

Maybe she has a trust or she lives on credit. Have we ever actually outright confirmed this? I am kind of uncomfortable with this speculation.
Funding is a pretty vague word in itself but it's been made pretty clear that Ginette "treats" Elle in many instances. Her Smeg appliances and Nespresso machines (which are all several hundred dollars each) were all given to her as gifts by Ginette during various times (there was a vlog post-Joe when Ginette got her the toaster and she mentioned in her recent home tour that the new Nespresso machine was a house warming gift from G) and whenever she was in Hawaii (which seems to be paid for by Ginette, along with the cruise trips to French Polynesia), the restaurant bills, place to stay, and along with her most recent YSL bag and diamond necklace (was it for her birthday? I can't remember exactly) were all purchased by Ginette for Elle. I think that little pink Chanel bag from the boutique was also purchased with Ginette? Not sure if momma G is helping with her current Seattle apartment but I'd be very surprised if she isn't, because you usually need a guarantor of some sort if you don't have a sufficient income to rent a place in major cities in the U.S., and Elle isn't working. Half of her apartment is also furnished with Ginette's old furniture so that's "support" in a way as well.

To me, all of this would constitute as "funding her lifestyle" because she's essentially upgrading Elle's life and allowing her to have a lot more discretionary spending.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I mean... I don't think most of that is bad?

My parents were very generous with me growing up too. But my generosity also went both ways: I constantly am treating them, taking care of them, sending them nice things. None of the things above seem weird to me especially if Ginette has the means to provide them. For example, not charging your daughter to stay with you when she visits you on vacation seems pretty normal to me! lol

The only thing that's iffy is the Chanel stuff because it's just overpriced garbage, and the guarantor for the apartment because this witch is over 30 and should be able to afford it on her own. But the other stuff is kinda normal.

Reactions: 7
I mean... I don't think most of that is bad?

My parents were very generous with me growing up too. But my generosity also went both ways: I constantly am treating them, taking care of them, sending them nice things. None of the things above seem weird to me especially if Ginette has the means to provide them. For example, not charging your daughter to stay with you when she visits you on vacation seems pretty normal to me! lol

The only thing that's iffy is the Chanel stuff because it's just overpriced garbage, and the guarantor for the apartment because this witch is over 30 and should be able to afford it on her own. But the other stuff is kinda normal.
Oh I don't think it's bad either! I live in a house that my parents paid for (I do pay rent though, with a generous friends and family discount lol!) and graduated with no student debt so I'm definitely not someone who can judge her for that. You asked the question and I tried to answer it haha.

I think what may bother a lot of people (and maybe some of the other ladies can chime in) is how much privilege Elle was given because she has such a generous mother who was able to provide her with a good lifestyle and yet her judgment and life choices all seem to be a hot mess. It doesn't help that she's very out of touch with the regular person and very snobby about it because most people don't have that sort of privilege in their lives and yet they can still treat others generously, while Elle is a spendthrift for herself but cheap with her friends and partners.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you hit the nail on the head! To me, I kind of feel it's okay if her mom wants to take care of her. I grew up in an extremely close-knit family and I see nothing wrong with parents caring for kids, kids caring for parents, etc. If I had my way I would still live at home because I love my family so much lol (and I don't find this weird!).

I think though that the problem is Elle says she is a GIRL BOSS. Anyone can be a girl boss when mom pays for things for you. I wish she could just be honest.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.