Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS ^

I used to be a professional translator and interpreter. I speak five languages fluently. I NEVER pronounce foreign words in English with the complete foreign accent. It's just obnoxious and to be honest none of my translator and interpreter friends do it either. If I'm speaking English for example I don't say "Ferrari" with the rolled r as in Italian (looking at you, Rick). I just use English pronunciation conventions. I don't say "patio" like in Spanish if I am speaking English, ffs.

Elle, read the room.

oh how I loved that Ginette outed her, her accent is completely off anyway.
why does she have to lie about everything?? will the real Elle please stand up??
I looooved this. I'm surprised she kept it in the video. Ginette straight up said "you're not French" or something lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't mean to interrupt this scintillating discussion about her hideous choice of headwear, but we're due for a new thread soon! Please vote on the following titles, many of which were suggested earlier in this thread by members.

1. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #8: The Vlogmas M'Elletdown
2. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #8: Mom's in town, 'haters' abound, no guy will stick around, time for a M'Elletdown (may need to workshop this one due to length)
3. Eleanor Florence Lecocq #8: M’Elletdown in Seatt-Elle
All of these are great suggestions. I like #1 for simplicity’s sake: Eleanor Florence Lecocq #8: The Vlogmas M'Elletdown.

Reactions: 9
I hate to say this but after seeing these comments MUALover made, I decide to not come back to this thread again.

As a young (by Elle's standard) Asian woman who works hard and enjoys fashion&luxury, this is no longer a respectful, safe, light-hearted gossip forum for me. I'm disturbed by these over-generalizing comments and can't get over the fact that I might encounter these judgements again here.

I don't hate Elle enough to put myself through this.
Please don’t feel pressured to leave because of a few unintelligent, uninformed comments from one emotionally unintelligent thread participant. You can report the comment to give MUALover to show that we don’t tolerate interoperable. ✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

Please don’t feel pressured to leave because of a few unintelligent, uninformed comments from one emotionally unintelligent thread participant. You can report the comment to give MUALover to show that we don’t tolerate interoperable. ✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
*the intolerant*

• Heart
Reactions: 5
THIS ^

I used to be a professional translator and interpreter. I speak five languages fluently. I NEVER pronounce foreign words in English with the complete foreign accent. It's just obnoxious and to be honest none of my translator and interpreter friends do it either. If I'm speaking English for example I don't say "Ferrari" with the rolled r as in Italian (looking at you, Rick). I just use English pronunciation conventions. I don't say "patio" like in Spanish if I am speaking English, ffs.

Elle, read the room.

I looooved this. I'm surprised she kept it in the video. Ginette straight up said "you're not French" or something lol.
I LOVED that!!! I'm Canadian and had to take french in school for years, and yes, I pronounce LaCroix (LaCroy) La Quwaa out of habit. Side note if anyone watched Southern Charm I saw Noami pronounce it correctly BUT without the obnoxious accent and I'm pretty sure both her parents are from France.

Reactions: 7
I asked people who have these bags and they said that. Some never wore the Chanel jumbo after buying it. They said the reason why the bag was heavy was because of the double flap.

Whenever I walk into the LV store in my city, it's always filled with young Asian girls. But the funny thing is, I work in a hospital and none of the female doctors (all who make $200,000 per annum or more), I've never seen them with designer bags, not even in their personal lives. So I don't know who is buying all these designer bags TBH.
I can't comment on Hermes, but I know tons of people who buy LV or Chanel. I've seen engineers, sales reps, assistants, nurses, and honestly even doctors buy and wear them. Salary is irrelevant. It depends on the person's personal preference. If personally prefer the YSL style myself. I do agree though that YSL bags are lighter and easier to wear day to day compared to Chanel (for my personal life)

Reactions: 6
She posted a reply haha

I don't think Smelle understands what 'first language' is 😂 You maybe spoke French as a toddler, Smelle, but even your own mother said you can't speak it fluently 😂😂😂 Remember that vlogmas video when she disclosed the uncomfortable truth and you tried to kill her with your eyes? It's one of those few vlogmas films you haven't deleted yet.

View attachment 313146
Her response is total BS. Mandarin is my first language and English is my husband’s. Every time when I say a Chinese city name I always say it with an American accent just so that it will be easier for my husband to understand. I have only lived in the US for a few years and she has lived almost her whole life in Canada. How difficult it is to just say things that other people can understand 🤔

Reactions: 19
Racism and resentment towards Asians is more "accepted" and gets a pass because it's usually not blatant. It often appears in insidious and seemingly harmless comments or "observations" like MUALover's post (or her stereotype in another thread that all Asian parents are strict and pressure their kids to marry). It's still wrong.

Also MUALover is still posting here but won't acknowledge her racist comments, the users who pointed it out and the real hurt she caused.

And I highly doubt Elle is buying the expensive headbands. Prada popularized the padded headbands a few seasons ago but at this point, all the fast fashion places sell them too. If she bought the designer ones, she’d definitely show it off. The big headbands are already a lot... and the pearls are too much. I think girls with a fresh, sleek and youthful style wear them really well otherwise it often ends up looking too try hard and prissy.
Also this is an EXCELLENT point. I was side-eyeing that comment the moment it was posted but wasn't quite sure how to address it (or if it was even in my place given I didn't fall into the demographic), and I even questioned if I was being too sensitive and overthinking it because it wasn't a direct critique. But judging by the reception here, clearly it rubbed more than one person the wrong way and I really appreciate the way you phrased things. Not all discrimination and racism is explicit but that doesn't make it acceptable in any shape or form.

Her response is total BS. Mandarin is my first language and English is my husband’s. Every time when I say a Chinese city name I always say it with an American accent just so that it will be easier for my husband to understand. I have only lived in the US for a few years and she has lived almost her whole life in Canada. How difficult it is to just say things that other people can understand 🤔
Ah but she wouldn't be able to be "très très exotique" without "l'accent français." (French is like my third or fourth language and I speak it poorly so don't judge my probably incorrect grammar please. :ROFLMAO: )

Reactions: 7
Elle, read the room.
Maybe her greatest weakness in life. Every boyfriend kicking her out is a complete surprise. She can't tell that they're laughing at her not with her. She cannot tell that she's the jerk in a given situation . . . She only sees Elle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.