Eimear Varian Barry #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that customers had to wear masks too... Well they do in my hometown in hampshire
I assumed customers had to also but, it didn’t appear that way where I live. I took my son to the barber at the weekend also and it wasn’t mandatory for customers to wear a mask. Only if they wanted to.

Honestly the whole Boohoo/Nastygal fast fashion thing is ridiculous to me, so many influencers coming out about how appalled they are, how did they think these clothes were being produced so cheaply? The prices hardly imply ethical treatment whether that’s in the UK or otherwise.

Reactions: 17
I got blocked from Rosie connelly because I pointed out that ASOS were mistreating workers. She got ASOS hauls during the very worst of the virus. How did she think they were packed and delivered. The magic fairy. They all know fast fashion and even the the fierce consumerism they promote on a daily basis is bad for the environment.
Talk is cheap

Reactions: 12
Honestly the whole Boohoo/Nastygal fast fashion thing is ridiculous to me, so many influencers coming out about how appalled they are, how did they think these clothes were being produced so cheaply? The prices hardly imply ethical treatment whether that’s in the UK or otherwise.
You could kind of say the same for every single person who lost their shiz getting into Penney’s last week! If you’re paying sweet f.a. for stuff you can’t imagine the poor workers producing it are being paid fairly either!

Reactions: 7
Think Eimear’s forgetting she had af links for nasty gal only a couple weeks ago....
Total lie saying she’s never had anything for them on her page

Reactions: 8
Why do “influencers” have to wait until it’s breaking news to step away from a brand. How come they don’t research a topic before advertising it to the masses. Do we expect too much from them at the end of the day.
There basic function is sell their souls for tatt no one really needs.
We all like a little inspiration, I love interiors etc, but we seem to have reached a peak, both environmental and lets face it financially.
No one should be buying on credit. It’s a dangerous road and she should not be promoting it as a viable option for someone that wants all the stuff but isn’t prepared to do actual hard graft for it

Reactions: 8
You could kind of say the same for every single person who lost their shiz getting into Penney’s last week! If you’re paying sweet f.a. for stuff you can’t imagine the poor workers producing it are being paid fairly either!
I agree but would argue that the vast majority haven’t been on their stories preaching about moral implications of fast fashion.

Reactions: 2
I actually learned in lockdown that I didn’t need a Penney’s haul every week, or endless socks and cheap shirts. I thought the world was learning about itself. Turns out I was wrong

I agree but would argue that the vast majority haven’t been on their stories preaching about moral implications of fast fashion.
For sure, that’s absolutely true but think this is a wider issue than just Boohoo/ Nastygal. It’s all fast fashion and it’s driven by mass demand. Most of us could probably be a bit more conscious not only of who we spend our time watching on insta but also where we spend our money. At the end of the day the more we engage with these eejits the more leverage it gives them to engage companies to fund their freebie lifestyles. A mass unfollowing would be no harm. Having a think about where we’re spending our money would be no harm either.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hence the poll. Did ye know about it BS.
ASOS were in the news 8 weeks ago regarding the same practice.
It’s her business to find out.

I got blocked from Rosie connelly because I pointed out that ASOS were mistreating workers. She got ASOS hauls during the very worst of the virus. How did she think they were packed and delivered. The magic fairy. They all know fast fashion and even the the fierce consumerism they promote on a daily basis is bad for the environment.
Talk is cheap
Talk is cheap and so is Rosie , state of her and JJ. Only caring about the paycheck and not the workers or conditions. Greed.

Reactions: 3
Why do “influencers” have to wait until it’s breaking news to step away from a brand. How come they don’t research a topic before advertising it to the masses. Do we expect too much from them at the end of the day.
There basic function is sell their souls for tatt no one really needs.
We all like a little inspiration, I love interiors etc, but we seem to have reached a peak, both environmental and lets face it financially.
No one should be buying on credit. It’s a dangerous road and she should not be promoting it as a viable option for someone that wants all the stuff but isn’t prepared to do actual hard graft for it
Simple answer is that they don’t care about the ethical aspect. It’s all about £££

Reactions: 9
Kinda have to say fair play to her for the boohoo stuff TBH. She could just say nothing.

Reactions: 4
I’m reading all the comments here since this morning and would love love love to think that Eimear might have a read later.

She ACTUALLY talks about people educating themselves on such matters! But where was her education before her promotion of NastyGal??? She referred to it as fast fashion with ethical practices! I remember it clearly. It’s kills me that they are all so willing to turn a blind eye to what’s happening with this industry! The constant purchasing of cheap clothes. What made her think that NastyGal had any ethical practices!! I’ve been on the Goodforyou app for a year and it’s great for having the information on a brand so quickly. I’m glad she mentioned the app. I would love to see her improve in this area. It’s not just the UK that aren’t treating people correctly, I mean, come on, we are surely all aware. But you’re right, the $$$$$ is just too irresistible to them all!
Eimear used to be cool. She had great fashion sense at one point, years ago. She’s like a different person now, resembling very little of the girl I followed because I felt she inspired. I just check in on her every so often and get immensely irritated these days.
Do better, Eimear! Just do better!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m reading all the comments here since this morning and would love love love to think that Eimear might have a read later.

She ACTUALLY talks about people educating themselves on such matters! But where was her education before her promotion of NastyGal??? She referred to it as fast fashion with ethical practices! I remember it clearly. It’s kills me that they are all so willing to turn a blind eye to what’s happening with this industry! The constant purchasing of cheap clothes. What made her think that NastyGal had any ethical practices!! I’ve been on the Goodforyou app for a year and it’s great for having the information on a brand so quickly. I’m glad she mentioned the app. I would love to see her improve in this area. It’s not just the UK that aren’t treating people correctly, I mean, come on, we are surely all aware. But you’re right, the $$$$$ is just too irresistible to them all!
Eimear used to be cool. She had great fashion sense at one point, years ago. She’s like a different person now, resembling very little of the girl I followed because I felt she inspired. I just check in on her every so often and get immensely irritated these days.
Do better, Eimear! Just do better!
This! Everything you said - spot on!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.