Eat Well for Less

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that the majority of families that appear on this show are from the more financially better off end of the scale rather than at the less well off end.

Some of these families are spending three to four hundred pounds a week on shopping and takeaways. When the program first came out I thought they would be helping the less well off 😏

Reactions: 8
Totally true but they have to find the extreme cases.
So they show how much they can save them.
It's not realistic do many different supermarkets.

Totally true but they have to find the extreme cases.
So they show how much they can save them.
It's not realistic do many different supermarkets.
I know what you are saying but I still think some of the shows should target lower end families who claim they cannot eat well on their budget, hence the freezer full of supermarket value pizzas, chips and ready meals etc. Some people really don't have a clue and just think healthier eating is for the well off.

Reactions: 7
Glad I found this, me and hubby have said the same. Especially when they're spending 400 a week on food, like how?! And more importantly what job do I need to do to be able to spend that??? 😂

I wish they'd do it with a less well off family and show them how they can eat on their budget.
Also pisses me off at the end when the swaps are: milk from Aldi, cereal from Asda, tea from Tesco etc. Who's going to go to 5 different supermarkets for one shop?!

Reactions: 11
Glad I found this, me and hubby have said the same. Especially when they're spending 400 a week on food, like how?! And more importantly what job do I need to do to be able to spend that??? 😂

I wish they'd do it with a less well off family and show them how they can eat on their budget.
Also pisses me off at the end when the swaps are: milk from Aldi, cereal from Asda, tea from Tesco etc. Who's going to go to 5 different supermarkets for one shop?!
If the families have to travel to get the savings I just hope the travel costs are reflected in the amount they've "supposedly" saved. You haven't saved fifty quid a week if you are now using twenty quid more in petrol lol

You'd have to live in a bloody amazing shopping area to have all of your swap shops to hand and accessible on foot

Reactions: 4
Definitely, in the town closest to our village we have Tesco, Lidl, & a tiny Aldi. So I tend to rotate where I go each week. Asda and Morrisons are an hour away and it's a fun monthly day out for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Definitely, in the town closest to our village we have Tesco, Lidl, & a tiny Aldi. So I tend to rotate where I go each week. Asda and Morrisons are an hour away and it's a fun monthly day out for me 😂
We've got a Lidl a Poundstretcher and a Iceland. It would cost me £9 return on the bus to get to a Asda or a Morrison's and not much less for Sainsbury's. All I can say is that the families on this show must live in a shoppers paradise 😃

Reactions: 1
You all need to live with me, I have Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s, Lidl and Aldi all in a 1.5 radius!
That said, it’s ridiculous we have so many and I wouldn’t dream of driving around them all to get the best deals. It’s not cost or time effective!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You all need to live with me, I have Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s, Lidl and Aldi all in a 1.5 radius!
That said, it’s ridiculous we have so many and I wouldn’t dream of driving around them all to get the best deals. It’s not cost or time effective!
I'm similar I have Tesco express Sainsburys local coop Morrisons lidls aldis and Iceland all within walking distance.
Asda, big Tesco and big Sainsburys is a short drive as it's marks and Spencer foosball.
But farmfood and Waitrose is a distance.
We have local b&m and home bargains that sells some food.
Seldom do I do them all..I rotate a few over each week or month.
Why doesn't he make them shop In a discounters a our big food shop is always cheaper in lidls or aldis but sometimes we have to top up elsewhere.
You never see a market or independent either and sometimes find them good value on fruiy/veg/ meat.

Reactions: 2
They can all save more if they get Costco accounts. Toilet rolls, washing tabs, fabric conditioner so much cheaper. You also get to have a giant slice of pizza at the food hall 👌🏾

I've bought all of the books and am looking forward to the new one that comes out on Thursday. We've not made one thing that we didn't like. I 😊

It appears to be aimed at people with more money than sense lol
I bought the book aswell I love it the recipes are so easy and cheap

I love the show! I think it shows people who are brand lovers that supermarket own brands are as good any. I love it when they're like "oh i know my teabags a mile off and they're definitely swapped cos these are disgusting" and they're the same ones 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The single dad that was a part time lollipop man I started watching. How does he spend £180 a week with just a hours work a day and still manage to feed the children on processed foods that just go in the oven? They had zero veg and so much junk, orange squash was as close to fruit as they got. The children were all teens and a 9 year old so not even that young. 4 ham sandwiches a day for the eldest?! The rugby teacher should have given better advice

Reactions: 2
The single dad that was a part time lollipop man I started watching. How does he spend £180 a week with just a hours work a day and still manage to feed the children on processed foods that just go in the oven? They had zero veg and so much junk, orange squash was as close to fruit as they got. The children were all teens and a 9 year old so not even that young. 4 ham sandwiches a day for the eldest?! The rugby teacher should have given better advice
Whilst he was doing his best under the circumstances, he clearly didn't have a clue how to feed them all properly. I was pleased they all ended up eating fruit and veg by the end. I couldn't imagine eating like that for two or three days let alone permanently.

I do like watching it but it’s become very predictable and the people when they shop clearly know they’re being filmed / watched so why they they do that bit of them jumping out and then acting surprised I don’t know.
It does amaze me how much money some people seem to have to spend on their food shopping!
I like to see the recipes / cooking and kind of do wonder if they could help me with my super fussy 5 year old!!

Reactions: 4
I do like watching it but it’s become very predictable and the people when they shop clearly know they’re being filmed / watched so why they they do that bit of them jumping out and then acting surprised I don’t know.
It does amaze me how much money some people seem to have to spend on their food shopping!
I like to see the recipes / cooking and kind of do wonder if they could help me with my super fussy 5 year old!!
Always thought the same about them being filmed because it's clearly obvious they have got a camera crew right behind them. I guess the BBC think the great British public are totally stupid.