Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hate this scheme. Future generations saddled with debt because people are paid to stay at home, then paid to eat out, then bought a free bike 🙄

But if they deduct it automatically I guess I'll get it a few times. Do you have to ask for it? Just had a drink and cake at Costa and was charged full price. Or do you have to order something to eat (I know it's in the name😆)?
Me too!!!! I said this to my husband and he said I was a kill joy!

Reactions: 3
I have to go to the bank again today (nothing is easy now due to covid, they can only do certain things in branch so it has meant repeat visits) so will be having brunch with my daughter while we are in town.
One of our local family run cafes is closing at the end of the month and we have already lost a Muffin Break and cafe in TJ Hughes due to covid so our eateries could do with the custom.

My daughter works in a Greene King pub and her place has been full this week for the 1st time since lockdown was eased. They have reduced capacity by a third to allow for distancing so the extra bums on seats have been really appreciated

Reactions: 2
Love this scheme! Went out for dinner last night to our local Bistro . Had a great meal for a really good price. Also had Breakfast out this morning.
I’ve got every Tuesday evening in August booked for different places to eat.😀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We went to a small local place tonight. 2 of us had 3 courses and the other 2 had 2 courses. All a juice each. Came to a total of £30.10! Even without the discount £60 for 4 people would be a good price so we were more than delighted.
@Yel it’s defo not a minimum spend. Eejits!

A lot of cafes and restaurants have hiked up usual prices for this month and some refusing discount when it’s on the govt website and not telling u to u pay. It’s a shame that I’ll have to boycott these food places due to their dishonesty and money grabbing

Reactions: 4
I saw a restaurant chain on instagram last night and it said you had to spend a minimum of £10 to receive the discount. A few places that my colleagues have been to definitely haven't spent £10

I saw a restaurant chain on instagram last night and it said you had to spend a minimum of £10 to receive the discount. A few places that my colleagues have been to definitely haven't spent £10
Surely all they are doing is putting people off 🤬

Yel

That's a breach of the scheme, but like these instatwats breaking ASA rules I doubt they'll ever get pulled up on it.

Nandos and five guys seemed dead Thurs and Fri, but the weather was great so that's half expected. I do think many people went earlier this week instead of at the weekend so moved buisness rather than creating more.

Reactions: 4
Lots of independent restaurants in my area have taken it up so I’ll be going out to eat as much as possible. Regardless of its a chain or not, more revenue means less job cuts for people in my area. I work in a heavily hit sector so I’m here for any bit of help going.

I know we’re all gonna pay for it for years to come so I may as well use it now and enjoy it before spending the next 30 years paying it back, I’ll be paying either way 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know we’re all gonna pay for it for years to come so I may as well use it now and enjoy it before spending the next 30 years paying it back, I’ll be paying either way 😂
Exactly my thoughts! Looks like it’s working, 30% increase in footfall in retail on the back of this 👍

That's a breach of the scheme, but like these instatwats breaking ASA rules I doubt they'll ever get pulled up on it.

Nandos and five guys seemed dead Thurs and Fri, but the weather was great so that's half expected. I do think many people went earlier this week instead of at the weekend so moved buisness rather than creating more.
I may have read it wrong but I'm pretty sure it said something like 'to take advantage of the discount, a minimum spend of £10 is required' if it pops up again I'll check it.

Honestly I work in a restaurant and while it is a good thing for businesses and the economy it’s not so great for public health, it’s encouraging a lot of groups of people. I was out for a drink last weekend luckily we sat outside but I went in at one point to use the bathroom and honestly the inside was packed and no social distancing whatsoever it was absolutely rammed and they just kept letting people in. Everywhere we passed was jam packed

• Sad
I went out for dinner monday tuesday and wednesday this week :ROFLMAO: wont be doing the same next week....or will i

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I would rather support local businesses all year round , I wonder when come September/ October how many places will start struggling because it sounds like people won’t use them without the discount,

Reactions: 6
Honestly I work in a restaurant and while it is a good thing for businesses and the economy it’s not so great for public health, it’s encouraging a lot of groups of people. I was out for a drink last weekend luckily we sat outside but I went in at one point to use the bathroom and honestly the inside was packed and no social distancing whatsoever it was absolutely rammed and they just kept letting people in. Everywhere we passed was jam packed
My husband is a chef and he's said the same. It's also screwed with their days off as usually they fall Monday - Thursday as Friday - Sunday are obviously the busiest days. 🙄

I’m out for lunch today, and dinner tomorrow night and Wednesday night😀
who knows what next week will bring!

• Haha
I went for lunch today with my family and it was great, we didn't even have to ask about the discount and when he brought the bill over he done a separate food and alcohol receipt. I love the restaurant I went anyway but I was so happy with everything today.

Some restaurants are going to stop the deal as it's counter productive and there's too many covidiots. Has anyone heard of this happening near them?

Reactions: 1