Early Pregnancy Symptoms?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello,
I thought I’d come on here because this evening all I’ve done is cry. I’m overwhelmed & unsure who to talk to or what to say.

I have met someone & it has gone fast. As I was single for two years I wasn’t covered, so I went to the doctors two weeks ago which they suggested Marvelon.

I took it & didn’t realise we had to be covered for the first seven days. I am due on next Tuesday.

Since Saturday, I’ve had heavy nosebleeds, back pain, frequent need to pop to the toilet. I have been going to bed earlier & over all, I don’t know whether the possibility of being pregnant is there or if my body is tricking me!

The nose bleeds are bothering me the most as they are very heavy & I get frightened at the volume of blood. They last for at least 30 mins a time. I am having nose bleeds every day

I am due next Tuesday. Would you recommend me test if I don’t come on a period? Doctors are in lock down so getting an appointment at the moment is impossible.

Thank you for reading & hopefully I get some advice on the way! xx

Reactions: 1
I’ve never heard of nose bleeds being a symptom. Sounds more like down to stress to me. Also now you are worrying that could make your period late and a lot of pregnancy symptoms can be exactly the same as PMT. The only way to know is to do a test.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sounds like stress! You wouldn't be showing symptoms this early really. If you don't come on the do a test but if you've started taking the pill then your period won't come until you've finished the first packet anyway.
You could do a clear blue test but it's usually a few days / week after your missed period.
Hope you're ok x

You can get nose bleeds in early pregnancy. But not like you discribe, it's more like little bit of blood on a tissue.

There’s early pregnancy tests that can give you a pretty accurate (but not 100%) result from I think five days before your missed period. They can be a bit pricey but worth it if you’re worried. You could also get some cheap test strips to do if your period is late to confirm the first test, afaik even the cheap ones are almost definitely accurate after your missed period as they have a standard sensitivity to the pregnancy hormone

There’s early pregnancy tests that can give you a pretty accurate (but not 100%) result from I think five days before your missed period. They can be a bit pricey but worth it if you’re worried. You could also get some cheap test strips to do if your period is late to confirm the first test, afaik even the cheap ones are almost definitely accurate after your missed period as they have a standard sensitivity to the pregnancy hormone
Clear blue early ones are supposed to be good :) I've just one before and was accurate x

You wouldn’t show so many symptoms early on. As someone stated above the clear blue tests, in my opinion are crap because they’ve been known to give false positives. You’re better off going with first response ones with the pink dye u can take them upto 5 days before your period is due but you’re better off waiting til the day it’s due or day after for a more accurate result.

Get a First Response test, they are in a pink box at the chemist. You said you are due on Tuesday? So wait until Wednesday and take the test if you haven’t come on by then. See what it says. If it’s negative but still no period, wait another few days and test again. Try not to worry until you know what you are dealing with.

I was pregnant last January with my first baby. I bought a million little thin strip tests out of Poundland and they all worked great. Made In Spain. 99.9% accurate. Then after another wee while I bought a clear blue digital

I instinctively knew I was pregnant from about 3 weeks..
my sense of smell went through the roof, I had the biggest boogers in my nose 😆 my urine had a stronger smell and was often very dark first thing, I was nauseous, I wanted to eat burgers all the time - I don’t eat meat. I had to eat by certain times etc. I think I did my test at just over 3 weeks and this was 15 years ago! Never bothered buying expensive tests either. They all do the same job. ☺

[/QUOTE]

For me it was tiredness...really tired before I was even late . Can't describe the tiredness. Then within days the smell of tea & coffee made me puke.

I was pregnant last January with my first baby. I bought a million little thin strip tests out of Poundland and they all worked great. Made In Spain. 99.9% accurate. Then after another wee while I bought a clear blue digital
Always £ shop tested here. I can't believe people actually pay for clear blue etc.

I instinctively knew I was pregnant from about 3 weeks..
my sense of smell went through the roof, I had the biggest boogers in my nose 😆 my urine had a stronger smell and was often very dark first thing, I was nauseous, I wanted to eat burgers all the time - I don’t eat meat. I had to eat by certain times etc. I think I did my test at just over 3 weeks and this was 15 years ago! Never bothered buying expensive tests either. They all do the same job. ☺
[/QUOTE]

I actually told my boyfriend I was pregnant before I even took the test I was that sure and I am convinced I had symptoms within days of fertilisation.

How did you get on? It's been a few months now, hope you're okay either way xx
I haven’t taken a test. I’ve had my depo shot, nosebleeds have stopped, no tiredness & feel ok.

I think it was fantasy. Thankfully my bloods have been checked and my iron levels and thyroid function is normal

• Heart
Always £ shop tested here. I can't believe people actually pay for clear blue etc.

I actually told my boyfriend I was pregnant before I even took the test I was that sure and I am convinced I had symptoms within days of fertilisation.
[/QUOTE]

When my husband's sister was pregnant with her first she told us all that she knew the exact moment that her daughter had been conceived because "After I had sex with (husband) that night I got up and vomited."

Trust me, if I ever had to have sex with her husband, I'd be vomiting afterwards too!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Mine was extreme tiredness, i’d fall asleep anywhere, i actually thought i had something seriously wrong with me lol, but no i was just preggers with my now 3 year old daughter who’s full of sass and attitude 😊

Just extreme tiredness. I did get more upset over things more. I do remember I cried at work over something silly. 🤣 I also felt bloated. This was very early stages. I've never had sickness.

When my husband's sister was pregnant with her first she told us all that she knew the exact moment that her daughter had been conceived because "After I had sex with (husband) that night I got up and vomited."

Trust me, if I ever had to have sex with her husband, I'd be vomiting afterwards too!
[/QUOTE]

That’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard for a long time. 😂 I‘m pretty sure it takes a few hours to get there 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

That’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard for a long time. 😂 I‘m pretty sure it takes a few hours to get there 🤣.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it does too, but the phrase 'attention seeking drama queen' was invented for my sister-in-law.

• Haha