Dyson Airwrap - worth it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have cloud 9 straighteners, fancy curlers and a nice hairdryer and I don't really used them. I need something faff free and easy to use. The straighteners and curlers are just too much effort. I was hoping dyson air wrap could help me with easy routine that doesn't take too much effort. My hair holds curl well. Do you guys think it would work for me? I have wavy hair.
You sound similar to me, I thought it would be easy to use and faff free....it is none of those things....

Reactions: 2
I have cloud 9 straighteners, fancy curlers and a nice hairdryer and I don't really used them. I need something faff free and easy to use. The straighteners and curlers are just too much effort. I was hoping dyson air wrap could help me with easy routine that doesn't take too much effort. My hair holds curl well. Do you guys think it would work for me? I have wavy hair.
This is me too. Them Dyson ones seem really expensive šŸ˜’ I wish you could try before you buy šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
I have a dyson hairdryer and I love it purely because it doesn't sound like a plane taking off, light to use and dries my hair in half the time. Hair is in much better condition too. for curls, I have one of those BaByliss secret curls and they are brilliant too, my mum got it for me for christmas and i can actually curl my hair now without burning my ears/hands and it takes about 20 mins to do the full head. No faffing around :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a dyson hairdryer and I love it purely because it doesn't sound like a plane taking off, light to use and dries my hair in half the time. Hair is in much better condition too. for curls, I have one of those BaByliss secret curls and they are brilliant too, my mum got it for me for christmas and i can actually curl my hair now without burning my ears/hands and it takes about 20 mins to do the full head. No faffing around :)
I'm tempted to look the Babyliss Secret Curl or Smooth an Waves. Reviews seem mixed on both tho. I curled my hair with my straighteners yesterday but they dropped out almost immediately lol

I have a secret curl, they do hold much better but Iā€™m always worried my hair will get stuck in it and I have such thick hair that the effect is quite 70s disco as have to do it in small sections so end up with loads of curls. Also isnā€™t great if you want waves further down your hair

I'm tempted to look the Babyliss Secret Curl or Smooth an Waves. Reviews seem mixed on both tho. I curled my hair with my straighteners yesterday but they dropped out almost immediately lol
I canā€™t curl my hair with my straighteners at all! I just canā€™t get it haha. I do really rate the secret curl, Iā€™m terrible with things like that so wanted a curler that required minimal effort. Itā€™s a shame you canā€™t rent before you buy šŸ˜‚

I have a secret curl, they do hold much better but Iā€™m always worried my hair will get stuck in it and I have such thick hair that the effect is quite 70s disco as have to do it in small sections so end up with loads of curls. Also isnā€™t great if you want waves further down your hair
Mine goes max curly but I just brush them out and it leaves a lovely wave, which is what I want. I worry too about it getting stuck but i think itā€™s made to not do that, still could though haha. Iā€™ve got thing hair and itā€™s quite long, I do my whole head in about 20 mins, spray with hairspray then brush out and then spray hairspray again. I must have bought loads of curlers in my time, finally found one that works for me.

Love mine. My hair doesn't hold a curl very well but it does with the airwrap as long as my hair is still pretty damp when I start. I can go from soaked hair to styled within 20 mins or so and my hair is waist length and pretty thick! Took ages to get good at it but I couldn't be without it now.

Reactions: 4
If you have an air wrap but the curls donā€™t hold I recommend the 20mm curl barrels they are amazing, longer and hold the curl for days.

I have an air wrap, and have to say that the condition of my hair has improved drastically. I have fine but wavy hair, and the smoothing brush is fantastic. I haven't used my straighteners in months, and I love it.

Reactions: 3
I have the Dyson hairdryer which is incredible! I got it for Christmas from my mum a few years ago (a total surprise! :love:) and would never look back.

I really fancy the Airwrap as well, but is it mad to have both..? Even though the hairdryer obviously doesn't have the features the Airwrap does. It's so expensive! I have the Babyliss curl secret which is absolutely lovely, great results that last a couple of days, but it takes quite a while. Hmmm what to do!

Iā€˜ve had the airwrap for a few years and I absolutely love it, Iā€™ve got long hair so I ended up buying the larger barrels and the smaller brush last year. I use ghd curl spray which seems to help the curls last and the next day Iā€™ve usually still got a nice wave. I got the corrale for Christmas itā€™s handy for a ā€œquick fixā€ (when I tie my hair up I always end up with strange creases) but if Iā€™m honest I donā€˜t feel itā€™s any better than my corded cloud 9ā€™s I find it quite clunky but it is handy being able to put it on without messing around with the cable. Think Cloud 9 are also bringing out a cordless straightener so maybe theirs will be better.

Iā€˜ve had the airwrap for a few years and I absolutely love it, Iā€™ve got long hair so I ended up buying the larger barrels and the smaller brush last year. I use ghd curl spray which seems to help the curls last and the next day Iā€™ve usually still got a nice wave. I got the corrale for Christmas itā€™s handy for a ā€œquick fixā€ (when I tie my hair up I always end up with strange creases) but if Iā€™m honest I donā€˜t feel itā€™s any better than my corded cloud 9ā€™s I find it quite clunky but it is handy being able to put it on without messing around with the cable. Think Cloud 9 are also bringing out a cordless straightener so maybe theirs will be better.
ive been considering these since my GHDs packed up. How long does the battery last on them?

This is me too. Them Dyson ones seem really expensive šŸ˜’ I wish you could try before you buy šŸ¤£
Could you hunt out a hairdresser who uses them in their salon and ask if they can use them on your hair and if you can have a turn in between sections, to see if you can achieve the same results?

I'm very, very tempted to get one ... someone is selling a "hardly used" one on a marketplace site ...

Cloud 9 one is out...Ā£350...be interested to here some reviews from people

ive been considering these since my GHDs packed up. How long does the battery last on them?
I think it lasts around 35 mins on the middle 185Ā°c setting, my hair naturally has just a slight wave so I can usually straighten it 3 or 4 times between charges. Iā€™ve only used it once to curl my hair and I ended up having to put the cord on at the end but my hair is quite long, probably with practice I would be able to do all of it on one charge. Although I think it does a good job and its so handy I do find it quite clunky to use so Iā€™d maybe look at the new cloud 9 cordless one, from the pictures Iā€™ve seen it looks a lot slimmer but then the hottest it goes is 170Ā°c (dyson goes up to 210Ā°c) and I canā€™t find on their website how long the battery lasts so it might not last as long as the dyson.

• Heart
Definitely try before you buy if you can, I borrowed the air wrap from a family member and Iā€™m so glad I did. Itā€™s not for me. I have thick wavy coarse hair and the brush attachment was good to get my hair smooth for curling. But I found curling to be a real faff and it just didnā€™t hold the curl. Tried 3 times to give it a good go but itā€™s not for me.

Has anyone tried the Revamp cordless straighteners by any change and how do you rate them?

I have the Dyson hairdryer which is incredible! I got it for Christmas from my mum a few years ago (a total surprise! :love:) and would never look back.

I really fancy the Airwrap as well, but is it mad to have both..? Even though the hairdryer obviously doesn't have the features the Airwrap does. It's so expensive! I have the Babyliss curl secret which is absolutely lovely, great results that last a couple of days, but it takes quite a while. Hmmm what to do!
I have both, I got the hairdryer when it first came out and then the Airwrap a couple of years later when that appeared.

I have thick, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy hair šŸ„“with a life of its own. Pre-Dyson products I would need at least an hour to style my hair, now it can be dry in 15-20 mins. The hair dryer is amazing but I donā€™t think you need both, the Air Wrap pretty much does everything except diffuse. I love the brush extension which can give me a pretty smooth blow dry. I bought the barrel extension recently and thatā€™s good too.
I do struggle with knowing which barrel goes in which direction so if anyone can help please do! Also I toyed with the idea of the straighteners but they just look cumbersome.

Hated mine - ended up selling it after persevering for a few months, seeing the condition of my hair gradually deteriorate. It dried my hair out badly and left it dull. My hair is fine, but I have loads of it. Natural texture is quite coarse and itā€™s highlighted. Switched back to my Parlux and noticed an improvement in the feel of my hair, even after just one wash, and the shine came back.
The Dyson definitely wonā€™t suit everyone and based on my experience, I wouldnā€™t recommend if your hair is similar to mine.

Sorry - that was my experience with the hair dryer, not the airwrap. I did borrow my mumā€™s airwrap though and didnā€™t get on with it. I just couldnā€™t get to grips with the technique and it was too time consuming for me as I have so much hair. Also the curl didnā€™t hold for me.