Drop Offs at Heathrow

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully this is okay to ask and it's probably such a silly question but I have to know what I'm doing when I go to places.
I've searched Google and can't find anything.

I'm taking my Husband to Heathrow Airport on Thursday and I know there are drop off points or something like that.
But I was wondering if 1. Can I still get out and say goodbye ect?
And if not... Is there another place to stop like a carpark?

Ive never been to an airport, nevermind dropping someone off so I have no clue

Hopefully this is okay to ask and it's probably such a silly question but I have to know what I'm doing when I go to places.
I've searched Google and can't find anything.

I'm taking my Husband to Heathrow Airport on Thursday and I know there are drop off points or something like that.
But I was wondering if 1. Can I still get out and say goodbye ect?
And if not... Is there another place to stop like a carpark?

Ive never been to an airport, nevermind dropping someone off so I have no clue
All the info is on the website…..

yes you can drop off passengers and say a quick goodbye etc - you cant leave your car there, so you’ll have to just have a quick hug and that will be it. From 1st November they are introducing charges for drop offs - info on the website.

Just be aware though that there is a £5 charge for drop offs. You can pull in and say goodbye but it will cost you £5. All airports are milking motorists and trying to recoup lost revenue from the pandemic. It might actually be cheaper to park up for 15 mins

Reactions: 1
Just be aware though that there is a £5 charge for drop offs. You can pull in and say goodbye but it will cost you £5. All airports are milking motorists and trying to recoup lost revenue from the pandemic. It might actually be cheaper to park up for 15 mins
I went yesterday and I think the £5 is from 1st November? 🤔
Not 100% sure though 😂 I better double check that haha

Terminal drop off charge is from 1st November (it's about the same cost to park in the short stay car park for up to 30 minutes so anyone dropping off after that date would be better off doing that, particularly as the drop off charge can only be paid online and in the car park you can pay when you leave)