Drag Race UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This episode made me laugh, made me cry, and made me laugh again. What a roller coaster of an episode. I loved it.

Highlights I enjoyed:
All the one liners: Glue Hydrangea, Carnation Street, "Cheryl's a choreographer, I'm a singer, and Crystal's... skinny", de-spunk my balls.
The Vivienne: struggling to sing-spell break. "B-R-A-C-K...That's brack."
Frock Destroyers: I really love how Divina really leaned into a motherly role as a leader and she helped bring the group together instead of going off as a soloist like The Vivienne tried to do. She understood the challenge and it paid off.
Cheryl Hole: For once Cheryl was memorable! I loved her little expressions during the girl group performance. She's very lucky the challenge was a girl group challenge because I have a feeling she could have easily been in the bottom two again.
The Fake Out: where Filth Harmony was pretending they killed it in practice and then in the dressing room are trying to psych out the Frock Destroyers who didn't buy it. Baga's "Are you mad? Are you mad?!... No".
The Heart to Heart Talk: Divina talking about her struggle of growing up gay during Section 28. Oh my heart. It really hit close to home because my younger brother is gay and he was teased relentlessly for it growing up. We watch Drag Race together even though we live in different cities.
After both performances concluded:
Crystal not getting it and saying: "They weren't bad..." Meanwhile, The Vivienne and Cheryl Hole both with solemn expressions: "No... it was good." "It was good."

Also, does anyone think Michelle Visage and The Vivienne when in drag look similar?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh my god this episode was amazing!!! duck yes Cheryl finally coming through she was insane tonight! Finally warming to Davina she was also fantastic! Baga was sublime and actually I think she may just win this thing. I think it might be between Baga and Davina in the end.

a weird way I kind of liked seeing Viv taken down a peg or two because she obviously thinks she’s going to win the show. She’s obviously incredibly talented but there are people with a little more humility than her who I think I would prefer to win.

I am actually obsessed with this UK version it’s hilarious I don’t know what I’ll do when it’s over. I’m assuming they will continue to make a second season. I’m guessing the ratings have been good.

Reactions: 9
I really enjoyed it - loved the producer guy gagging at them and not being all up himself (side eye@toddrick)

Davina's jockey look was fabulous. (Actually saw Davina in an Adult pantomine earlier this year and she is a great singer)

The Heart to Heart Talk: Divina talking about her struggle of growing up gay during Section 28. Oh my heart.
Same. And when Blu speaks of NI - its insane

Blu/rent boy was the funniest moment for me - was proper cute

Reactions: 4
a weird way I kind of liked seeing Viv taken down a peg or two because she obviously thinks she’s going to win the show. She’s obviously incredibly talented but there are people with a little more humility than her who I think I would prefer to win.
I initially thought Viv would win this season but after last night's episode it really can be anyone's game. I do agree I'm leaning more towards Baga and Divina for the win at this point (although that could change again next week lol). I believe both of them haven't been in the bottom two yet? I have a feeling that's why in next week's preview Vivienne and Divina are bickering. I think being in the bottom two really shook Viv's confidence and is feeling a bit insecure. He's not going to go after Baga who is his friend so his next competitor is Divina.

I really enjoyed it - loved the producer guy gagging at them and not being all up himself (side eye@toddrick)

Davina's jockey look was fabulous. (Actually saw Davina in an Adult pantomine earlier this year and she is a great singer)

Same. And when Blu speaks of NI - its insane

Blu/rent boy was the funniest moment for me - was proper cute
Omg Blu slowly figuring out what a rent boy is was hilarious. I forgot to mention it in my previous post as I watched it quite late last night. Even though he's not a singer he did well for the girl group challenge! He's really coming along. It was a nice surprise.

I loved Divina's jockey look. It was so well-made and different from what the other queens (minus Blu) did. I do agree w/ Michelle that the makeup was a bit ashy but otherwise a really creative camp outfit. I have not had the fortune of seeing Divina perform but I have only heard good things. I wasn't expecting her to take the rap portion for the song and thought maybe Baga would do it initially.

Reactions: 3
nope,still cant warm to cheryl at all. loved Divina this week her runway look.was great.
was very surprised at how bad the Vivienne did.

I'm warning to Blu more each week.

looks like theres drama next week ,maybe this was what Divina was talking about when she posted before the season first aired.

Does anyone else think the snatch game thing with both Baga and divina bringing Maggie thatcher was just scripted for the show? The way it played out seemed so unrealistic. I don’t think divina was ever intending on doing Maggie I reckon it was just for a bit of drama.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think the snatch game thing with both Baga and divina bringing Maggie thatcher was just scripted for the show? The way it played out seemed so unrealistic. I don’t think divina was ever intending on doing Maggie I reckon it was just for a bit of drama.
I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch Divina would do Maggie. Especially after Thursday’s episode when she mentioned growing up under Section 28. There’s this on Twitter that was shared as well. I doubt she would have won the snatch game either way. The Vivienne’s Trump was too good. Everyone brought several options for the snatch game except for Baga from what I recall? So there was no way Baga would or could have done someone else.

I also don’t think in the girl group challenge it should have been a three way win. That should have been Divina’s win imo. She came up with the choreography, her vocals were the strongest in the song (different ranges and variety), and it seems the judges really loved her outfit. Don’t get me wrong Baga and Blu did well too but Divina is why they secured that win for that challenge— which Baga even acknowledged in the episode.

I also really enjoyed Jade Thirlwall as the guest judge. She gave good constructive criticism and compliments without talking about wanting to bang the drag queens, etc. A lot of the previous guest judges didn’t bring anything substantive so it was nice episode five was solid from start to finish.

I know The Vivienne is all around a strong competitor but there is something that keeps me from really warming up to her or finding her endearing compared to some of the other queens (I felt like this with previous drag winners like Aquaria for example). Even when she was vulnerable and on the possibility of elimination that convo circled back to her instead of empathizing with Crystal who was also in the same position.

Reactions: 6

For those who have not seen the line up yet!

In the order that they appear in the video:
Baga Chipz – 29, London
Blu Hydrangea – 23, Belfast
Divina De Campo – 36, West Yorkshire
Crystal – 34, London
Sum Ting Wong – 31, Birmingham
Cheryl Hole – 25, Essex
Gothy Kendoll – 22, Leicester
Vinegar Strokes – 35, London
Scaredy Kat – 20, Wiltshire
The Vivienne – 27, Liverpool

@Lars Guinard, I don't have a favorite so far but I'll get back to you after the first episode airs. I'm not from the UK so I don't know the drag queen scene on that side of the pond. All I know is that the US queens are a bit more pageantry-based and less comedy-based so I'm excited to see the UK line-up.

Omg Divina's laugh is something else! :ROFLMAO: Also, the play on Cheryl Cole's name made me laugh ngl.
Baga Chipz is born & bred in West Bromwich which is in the West Midlands. (Dunno if he/she lives in London now though).

Reactions: 1
Baga Chipz is born & bred in West Bromwich which is in the West Midlands. (Dunno if he/she lives in London now though).
Just revisited the first episode & he does live in London now. Pretend I never spoke! 😂

Not sure how to add a spoiler tag, so ye be warned!!

The Viv did not deserve to stay based off of that lipsync alone, she’s a much better performer all round but Crystal hands down slayed that lipsync, Viv just stomped around the stage, in the words of RuPaul it was ‘meh’

The episode was bloody awesome though and I’m so proud of how good the show is, completely exceeded my expectations!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else got break up (bye bye) constantly stuck in their head now 😂

“CATEGORY ESSEX: THEY CALL ME CHERYL HOLE” 💃💃

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone else got break up (bye bye) constantly stuck in their head now [emoji23]

“CATEGORY ESSEX: THEY CALL ME CHERYL HOLE” [emoji126][emoji126]
Yup and looks like we aren't the only ones
#3 on the iTunes uk music charts
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Screenshot_20191103-040435_Chrome.jpg

I’m a bit conflicted because I loved the smaller cast format but I hate that this season is almost coming to an end. It’s been a stellar season with episode five being my fave to date.

The top three for sure will be Baga, Vivienne, and Divina imo.

I’ve had the Frock Destroyers song stuck in my head all week. It’s a bop.
—————————————————

These were from awhile back (during DragCon 2019) but more of the Queens’ personalities off the show.

Divina De Campo

Baga Chipz

The Vivienne

Blu Hydrangea

Cheryl Hole

The eliminated cast can be viewed here.

Last edited:
I’m a bit conflicted because I loved the smaller cast but I hate that this season is almost coming to an end. It’s been a stellar season with episode five being my fave to date.

The top three for sure will be Baga, Vivienne, and Divina imo.

I’ve had the Frock Destroyers song stuck in my head all week. It’s a bop.
Agree! Those 3 are so talented in their own ways. (Have you seen the clip of Divina on the Voice? Amazing!) The others are all worthy of being there too. It’ll be a close call at the end.

Reactions: 5