Drag Race UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen the line up and I am so excited.
Not sure if this thread needs to be merged with the existing Drag Race thread or one exists?

Reactions: 3
I’m excited to see it but I am a bit disappointed at the lack of diversity in the queens (ethnically and region wise). I would have also loved some Scottish drag queens for this season as well. But it is early days.

I haven’t enjoyed the US counterpart for the past few seasons, so I hope the UK version does well. I can’t wait!

Reactions: 7
I’m excited to see it but I am a bit disappointed at the lack of diversity in the queens (ethnically and region wise). I would have also loved some Scottish drag queens for this season as well. But it is early days.

I haven’t enjoyed the US counterpart for the past few seasons, so I hope the UK version does well. I can’t wait!
Agree! I have not enjoyed the past couple of DRUS seasons. As you say early days, most of the queens seem to be London based. Hopefully the show will be popular and we see more diversity.
I am rooting for Blu...but love most of the DRUK queens! Who is your favourite?

Reactions: 6
I love Alan Carr please don't get me wrong when I say this but I'm a bit apprehensive about how he will come across as a judge on this show. I suppose any show he does is about him or made to be about him as in he naturally commands attention and I'm hoping this is not the case as for me the beauty of this show is the focus on the queens and watching them grow.

Reactions: 5

For those who have not seen the line up yet!

In the order that they appear in the video:
Baga Chipz – 29, London
Blu Hydrangea – 23, Belfast
Divina De Campo – 36, West Yorkshire
Crystal – 34, London
Sum Ting Wong – 31, Birmingham
Cheryl Hole – 25, Essex
Gothy Kendoll – 22, Leicester
Vinegar Strokes – 35, London
Scaredy Kat – 20, Wiltshire
The Vivienne – 27, Liverpool

@Lars Guinard, I don't have a favorite so far but I'll get back to you after the first episode airs. I'm not from the UK so I don't know the drag queen scene on that side of the pond. All I know is that the US queens are a bit more pageantry-based and less comedy-based so I'm excited to see the UK line-up.

Omg Divina's laugh is something else! :ROFLMAO: Also, the play on Cheryl Cole's name made me laugh ngl.

I love them all, but the ones that stood out to me the most are Blu Hydrangea, Scaredy Kat and The Vivienne. Can't wait for Snatch Game, fingers crossed for a Kim Woodburn or a Gemma Collins!

Reactions: 2
Anyone know when the start date is ?
October 3rd

saw them all at manchester pride at weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing how America people will lose it by the different accents alone never mind all our uk celebrities theyve never heard of.

Gosh I really hope they put it on Netflix here in NZ. They had the last season of All Stars (4) and had them weekly from Season 9 so I have my fingers crossed to be able to watch it without having to scrounge around for crappy links like I has to for AS3!

Reactions: 1
I like the one who does an amazing Kim Woodburn impression.

The more I see this...the more I see Kim say “you tw*ts”. :ROFLMAO:

October 3rd

saw them all at manchester pride at weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing how America people will lose it by the different accents alone never mind all our uk celebrities theyve never heard of.
I have been unaware of a couple of the US celebs on Hollywood Squares so wonder who will feature on the UK one.

Gosh I really hope they put it on Netflix here in NZ. They had the last season of All Stars (4) and had them weekly from Season 9 so I have my fingers crossed to be able to watch it without having to scrounge around for crappy links like I has to for AS3!
Not sure if it will be on BBC3 online/YouTube? It is annoying though when you get really into a series and can’t find decent links.

I’ve never seen an episode of Drag Race ever but I’m so intrigued! Does anyone know where I can watch it?

Just found out they will have it available for streaming in my country! same day as the UK too.:m

I did find i laughed a lot more than the US version but i am not sure how well it will translate. I was gonna slate Vinegar for her woeful london look until my daughter, a walking, talking drag google, pointed out that she was supposed to wear a london underground look but was not allowed due to copyright.

I am not sure who my fave is yet; i like Davina for her old school drag, loved Sum Ting Wong's postage stamp but there is no front runner yet.
Over on the Ytube Raja and Raven are back tooting and booting. Is worth a look.

Really enjoyed the first episode. I thought it would be a lot ‘tamer’ than the US version but it did not disappoint. Pleasantly surprised by Alan Carr. Look forward to seeing Graham Norton on the show next week.
Wasn’t as impressed by Blu Hydrangea...think she came across a lot better in the preview. I am a teeny bit in love with The Vivienne though, really hope she does well. Glad Vinegar stayed in.
Roll on Thursday!

Neither shocked or disappointed that Scaredy Kat is gone. Still loving Vivienne. Baga is growing on me. Surprised at everyone getting all emotional this early in the competition, especially Cheryl Hole.
Much preferred Graham Norton to Alan Carr.

Reactions: 4