Drag Race UK S3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all know drag race is set up. It was even said on a podcast the the lipsync number between Detox and Jinx in S5 was changed at the last minute basically to set up Detox to go home. but it feels like this series that after the actual strong girls went home the producers and us were left with no good option for a real winner. Baga was lazy and unlikable, Juju gave it a half assed attempt, Mo lives in hollywood so the prize would be pretty meaningless to her and Blu was average and pretty ruthless throughout.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
RPDR in general has gone SHITE.

Like, I used to be so die hard that years ago I'd watch the new episode before I'd go to work in the morning! Now, I couldn't be arsed.
Season 14 is diabolical. Same stories year after year - my Dad hated me, I was bullied, I'm trans - it's literally the same stories, the same challenges, the same lip syncs, the same scripted dramas. It's awful.

Needs a MAJOR shake up. Only decent franchise is UK and that's only because it's still fresh and the queens have wit and comedy - Ru won't be too long bleeping that up too though.
I think the entire franchise is so tedious and repetitive is needs to go on hiatus - maybe permanently. It’s been rinsed to death. So many seasons, spin offs, overseas versions… it’s just boring now.

Even the U.K. franchise (assuming “vs the world” counts as a U.K. show) seems to be dead in the water after only four seasons. The first two were great! I lasted maybe two episodes of season three. There was no joy and no humour.

It’s just a formulaic money grab now.

Reactions: 17
RPDR in general has gone SHITE.

Like, I used to be so die hard that years ago I'd watch the new episode before I'd go to work in the morning! Now, I couldn't be arsed.
Season 14 is diabolical. Same stories year after year - my Dad hated me, I was bullied, I'm trans - it's literally the same stories, the same challenges, the same lip syncs, the same scripted dramas. It's awful.

Needs a MAJOR shake up. Only decent franchise is UK and that's only because it's still fresh and the queens have wit and comedy - Ru won't be too long bleeping that up too though.
Whilst I get what you’re saying, the stories for the queens are going to be the same/similar because unfortunately that is so common for the LGBTQ+ community. But I agree the challenges and lip syncs need a bit shake up.

Reactions: 4
I'm in the UK so only 4 series into drag race. But it's already flagging for me. UK Series 3 was awful - miscast queens who seemed devoid of any personality. And now we've got UK vs the world which was ticking along nicely till Blu went ruthless. Out of the last 4 queens only Mo was a worthy winner. But they didn't win!!

Series 4 is going to need to be fabulous!!!

Reactions: 9
I said to my cat ‘if Blu wins this then I’m not watching this shite anymore’ and I used to be a die hard fan

I really think this was Panginas season and it’s a shame we didn’t get more of her.At least I won’t have to hear ‘much better’ or ‘oh mummy’ 5 times an ep anymore 😌😌

p.s the cat agreed this was fkin bullshit

Reactions: 7
I really wish they did reunions for the UK seasons. There seems to be a lot of animosity towards Jimbo from the rest of the cast, including Juju who’s generally civil with everyone 😬

Reactions: 6
I really wish they did reunions for the UK seasons. There seems to be a lot of animosity towards Jimbo from the rest of the cast, including Juju who’s generally civil with everyone 😬
That’s interesting. I wonder why? Presumably an arse to everyone when the cameras weren’t rolling?

Reactions: 1
Whilst I get what you’re saying, the stories for the queens are going to be the same/similar because unfortunately that is so common for the LGBTQ+ community. But I agree the challenges and lip syncs need a bit shake up.
I just think it's sooo rehearsed though.

"So tell me about your alcoholism?"
"What was it like growing up in your small town?"

Nothing is natural. It feels like now, they're literally reading from a script. Seasons 1-6/7(ish) - these were amazing seasons because they were so raw and unedited. They let what was happening - happen!
If you look at Drag Race Italia - it was an amazing season because it was so unedited. Even in terms of camera angles, it was brilliant. Proper reality TV.

Drag Race US is AWFUL now. I'm convinced each day of filming the crew tell the cast what the narrative will be and to stick to it.

Reactions: 11
That Oh Mummy thing is grating as duck
It's gonna be the next MUCH BETTA, isn't it 🥴

I just think it's sooo rehearsed though.

"So tell me about your alcoholism?"
"What was it like growing up in your small town?"

Nothing is natural. It feels like now, they're literally reading from a script. Seasons 1-6/7(ish) - these were amazing seasons because they were so raw and unedited. They let what was happening - happen!
If you look at Drag Race Italia - it was an amazing season because it was so unedited. Even in terms of camera angles, it was brilliant. Proper reality TV.

Drag Race US is AWFUL now. I'm convinced each day of filming the crew tell the cast what the narrative will be and to stick to it.
I felt the same watching DR Spain. Let the queens chat amongst themselves and stories will naturally come out. On US, you've got the crew sticking a camera in their faces being like "OK, it's your turn this week, now discuss your childhood"

Reactions: 5
It's gonna be the next MUCH BETTA, isn't it 🥴

I felt the same watching DR Spain. Let the queens chat amongst themselves and stories will naturally come out. On US, you've got the crew sticking a camera in their faces being like "OK, it's your turn this week, now discuss your childhood"
Absolutely agree with the DR Spain and Italia comments. Both of the shows felt more natural, added to that the hosts made the shows about the queens and not themselves. Loved them both.

Reactions: 3
The theory is that Kitty Scott Claus didn't win because UK Series 3 cos they said that they'd had a happy childhood with a supportive family 😂😂😂

The spoilers for UK Series 4 are saying that it's mostly London queens. I don't think the producers realise that that's a bit of a turn off for those of us not in London.

I think that's why series 2 was so good - a good range of Queens from all over the UK.

And is this where we talk about the prize!!! 30 seconds on a Ru Paul song - with no video. I really really hope Blu felt it was worth it!!!

Reactions: 9
The theory is that Kitty Scott Claus didn't win because UK Series 3 cos they said that they'd had a happy childhood with a supportive family 😂😂😂

The spoilers for UK Series 4 are saying that it's mostly London queens. I don't think the producers realise that that's a bit of a turn off for those of us not in London.

I think that's why series 2 was so good - a good range of Queens from all over the UK.

And is this where we talk about the prize!!! 30 seconds on a Ru Paul song - with no video. I really really hope Blu felt it was worth it!!!
You are totally right BTW. S2 was so good but it had queens from all over the UK

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.