Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the comments about the area she lives are cracking me up ! Rahoon border is so accurate 😂
I didn’t know she mentioned the school she’s going to send her girls too ... that’s so silly . She seems to have missed the talk on stranger danger ! The poor kids don’t have much hope if that’s the case

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Everyone outside Galway when you are talking about neighbourhood beef:

The house is lovely, she'll be a long time filling it!

• Haha
She no more knows enough about skin to open a clinic that I do!

I've been made aware of a really no-bullshit qualified consultant derm called Dr. Natalie Spierings, she's recommends Vaseline as a moisturiser, she probably wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but she absolutely calls bullshit on these "medical grade" skincare brands. There is no in between with skincare, there is cosmetics /over the counter and there is prescription strength. This whole lucrative in between industry is a nonsense, she says. I wonder what Dr. Monotone Laura would make of that. She is such a charlatan.

I've been made aware of a really no-bullshit qualified consultant derm called Dr. Natalie Spierings, she's recommends Vaseline as a moisturiser, she probably wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but she absolutely calls bullshit on these "medical grade" skincare brands. There is no in between with skincare, there is cosmetics /over the counter and there is prescription strength. This whole lucrative in between industry is a nonsense, she says. I wonder what Dr. Monotone Laura would make of that. She is such a charlatan.
I'd love to know what Consultant Dermatologists think about Dr Laura's business venture.

Reactions: 6

I have never heard of Dr Spierings. I love Nadine Baggot for skin care, her you tube videos are brilliant. I like Simone Scribes too. I think you need to trust the person you are following and know that their love of skin care is not all about making profit for themselves!!

Reactions: 2
I have never heard of Dr Spierings. I love Nadine Baggot for skin care, her you tube videos are brilliant. I like Simone Scribes too. I think you need to trust the person you are following and know that their love of skin care is not all about making profit for themselves!!
Isn't that it, really. That derm I mentioned there made very thinly veiled comments towards Caroline Hirons and said that everyone's motives should be questioned when they're suggesting you do or buy something, herself included. If there's no skin in the game (pardon the awful pun) then they're more than likely legit. It's hard to argue with her!

Here she goes again, promoting vitamins for post partum hairloss, something which is very normal and no matter how many vitamins you take it won't prevent it.
Dr Laura the GP will suggest taking them will help with the hairloss anything for money.
I wonder how her medical colleagues feel about her.

Reactions: 7
Here she goes again, promoting vitamins for post partum hairloss, something which is very normal and no matter how many vitamins you take it won't prevent it.
Dr Laura the GP will suggest taking them will help with the hairloss anything for money.
I wonder how her medical colleagues feel about her.

It was free nioxin from bellissimo in Galway a month ago - Laura goes with the freebie / €, no loyalty. Will offer her medical name to an AF code without even trying the brand

It was free nioxin from bellissimo in Galway a month ago - Laura goes with the freebie / €, no loyalty. Will offer her medical name to an AF code without even trying the brand
It’s such a scam. That vitamin business has only launched last week. I wouldn’t be taking them

Reactions: 3
Lads! The absolute notions of this lady. A €500 voucher for her clinic as a Christmas gift ?? So you can either buy her skin care stuff online (when she hasn’t seen your face in person, has done a few zooms in skincare and is a self appointed skincare expert ...) but also redeemable against the clinic or procedures ? Do you know any other GP that sells vouchers at Christmas? Holy mother of god this is just so crazy . The old skin Q and A on her clinic insta, hope someone asks what the duck ! a newly qualified GP with a few online courses on the skin over lockdown , affiliated to 2-3 certain skincare brands so is clearly going to recommend the ones that give her €€€€€ .. such a con I can’t believe this. We were at work today getting ready for the salon to open next week , we were all together at lunch time when she posted this and the girls can’t get over how much she’s trying to flog and manipulate.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Jesus Christ that is the most unethical behaviour I’ve seen in some time, she’s barely qualified?! No experience I’m skin, not a dermatologist so what is she?

What’s next, a free smear test with every voucher sold? 🙄

• Haha
Lads! The absolute notions of this lady. A €500 voucher for her clinic as a Christmas gift ?? So you can either buy her skin care stuff online (when she hasn’t seen your face in person, has done a few zooms in skincare and is a self appointed skincare expert ...) but also redeemable against the clinic or procedures ? Do you know any other GP that sells vouchers at Christmas? Holy mother of god this is just so crazy . The old skin Q and A on her clinic insta, hope someone asks what the duck ! a newly qualified GP with a few online courses on the skin over lockdown , affiliated to 2-3 certain skincare brands so is clearly going to recommend the ones that give her €€€€€ .. such a con I can’t believe this. We were at work today getting ready for the salon to open next week , we were all together at lunch time when she posted this and the girls can’t get over how much she’s trying to flog and manipulate.
It’s bad isn’t it ? I have no education in skin care At all but I think it’s the fact she is a just a gp then did a few online classes as you said and now she’s a skincare expert . OVER ZOOM .. not a hope in hell would I do it.

I pass her house four times a day with work on my way to childcare and I saw the paint she posted yesterday where she asked which one people prefer .
the state !! It’s on her front door - four different colours

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I stopped following but go in for a nose every now and then. What is she on about customs between the UK and ROI? Did I sleep through December and brexit has happened already? I use parcel motel to avoid crazy delivery charges from the UK but if she thinks there is customs I don’t even know what to say. She comes across as so uninformed a lot of the times. And tagging the company she ordered from like seriously

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I stopped following but go in for a nose every now and then. What is she on about customs between the UK and ROI? Did I sleep through December and brexit has happened already? I use parcel motel to avoid crazy delivery charges from the UK but if she thinks there is customs I don’t even know what to say. She comes across as so uninformed a lot of the times. And tagging the company she ordered from like seriously
I’d love to know if she’s a registered business owner paying tax etc .
She must be , if that was the case you’d think she would be importing products in and in that case you would have to pay customs . Not through a courier... so I don’t really know what’s she’s on about

I agree with the comment that she does seem ill informed a lot of the time . You certainly wouldn’t have confidence in her as a health professional

I’d love to know if she’s a registered business owner paying tax etc .
She must be , if that was the case you’d think she would be importing products in and in that case you would have to pay customs . Not through a courier... so I don’t really know what’s she’s on about

I agree with the comment that she does seem ill informed a lot of the time . You certainly wouldn’t have confidence in her as a health professional
oh good point I hadn’t thought about the business side of it but a legit business that’s above board really shouldn’t be trying to avoid paying customs/vat etc

deffo would have no confidence in her as a GP or dermatologist

oh good point I hadn’t thought about the business side of it but a legit business that’s above board really shouldn’t be trying to avoid paying customs/vat etc

deffo would have no confidence in her as a GP or dermatologist
Or even if she continued the Montessori. I wouldn't even have faith in her for that. Probably couldn't afford her fees anyway 🙈😬😄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She is such a dose 🙄I would love to know what she plans to do with 3 rooms in her clinic?!? Jack of all trades and master of none. She did an igtv on somebody else’s page on postpartum depression yesterday. I work in psychiatry and it was so basic and uninformative. She stated that she uses the wait and see approach when she sees a new mother that may have concerns about their well-being. So many interventions/supports can be used with mothers and families experiencing postpartum depression. It came across as a dr. that has no experience in the field of mental illness/health. The wait and see approach also means keep coming back to me and keep paying me money 💰

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.