Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
awful. Now, this family member has gone in search of help everywhere and anywhere for a skin situation. It’s IVF induced acne / sores like the real sore acne plus hard coarse facial hair. And the prescription strength stuff required for hair/skin is totally something you really can’t often mix with IVF meds depending as many skin meds can be hormonal. This isn’t a few spots not this is quite bad. I got a shock when I saw myself. Anyway she found Dr Laura unhelpful, wanting to sell her products and really my family member felt Laura was too ‘ I’m sure that’s ok for IVF’ casual when in fact as we all know a paracetamol can throw IVF off sometimes it’s all about balances and hormones and science. So it’s €75 for €30 min consult and then €120 upwards for skin care that she will prescribe you, but she also stocks it so she can send herself your prescription that she wrote, and then post you the prescribed skin care. Surely be to god that’s not ethical and means she is more likely to only prescribe you with a brand she sells over a brand she doesn’t!! I can’t see how she’s getting away with that. But anyway the consult was booked out of desperation, to be fair, but she got nowhere . I think she’s going to try the skin nerd next ... not sure if that’s a con or what
She should request a refund. That’s not good enough and Laura won’t know people aren’t happy unless they ask for their money back. She’s well within her rights to.

Reactions: 4
awful. Now, this family member has gone in search of help everywhere and anywhere for a skin situation. It’s IVF induced acne / sores like the real sore acne plus hard coarse facial hair. And the prescription strength stuff required for hair/skin is totally something you really can’t often mix with IVF meds depending as many skin meds can be hormonal. This isn’t a few spots not this is quite bad. I got a shock when I saw myself. Anyway she found Dr Laura unhelpful, wanting to sell her products and really my family member felt Laura was too ‘ I’m sure that’s ok for IVF’ casual when in fact as we all know a paracetamol can throw IVF off sometimes it’s all about balances and hormones and science. So it’s €75 for €30 min consult and then €120 upwards for skin care that she will prescribe you, but she also stocks it so she can send herself your prescription that she wrote, and then post you the prescribed skin care. Surely be to god that’s not ethical and means she is more likely to only prescribe you with a brand she sells over a brand she doesn’t!! I can’t see how she’s getting away with that. But anyway the consult was booked out of desperation, to be fair, but she got nowhere . I think she’s going to try the skin nerd next ... not sure if that’s a con or what
I wouldn’t recommend the skin nerd, she’s not going to know the interactions with IVF meds. It’s not what you’re going to want to hear but the only safe and effective cure I’ve found is time. I’m trying another round of IVF and luckily (?) this time all the cystic spots are coming up on my back and not my face so far. The last few rounds though they’ve been on my face and neck (as you say not little spots that are annoying but large painful cystic lumps) I’ve tried everything but the only thing that really helps is the break between rounds when I’m not on the drugs.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
would she be thinking that by when she had the negative test (think that was a week or less before the Positive one)that Her 14 days are up? Really don’t know!But I assure you, as my 7 month old is here sleeping next to me, Laura confirmed she is covid positive last Thursday to my close family member on her video consult - I can even tell you the booking system she uses is called Heydoc and it’s €75 a consultation. There’s no doubt she has covid. It’s her behaviour that’s questionable
I believe you. Is there any possibility you can report her for breaking covid rules?

Reactions: 3
I believe you. Is there any possibility you can report her for breaking covid rules?
Surely aswell her packing orders to send to people when covid positive and no Ppe on at the very least seems unethical.... I know I wouldn’t want to receive something packed by her right now

That’s so awful. The poor girl. Would she speak to her own GP and ask for a referral to a dermatologist?

i used to have bad skin, not bad enough for the doc to treat it as full blown acne but I was nearly always battling a fricken boil on my fave. So I tried absolutely everything including the skin nerd before my wedding. It didn’t work- thank god for good make up! Since I got married I’ve adopted a much lower maintenance skin care regime, to save money and time (we have kids now) and I now have perfect skin abs rarely ever bother with make up! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

your family members skin sounds a lot more complicated though. I’d avoid gimmicks and complicated skin care routines and see a dermatologist if I were her. I wish I did that too back in the day. Pre clenser, cleanser, toner, serum, cream, under eye cream, alternating face masks throughout the week, different clenser, serum and moisturiser in the morning. It was insane- no wonder my skin was highly reactive to the environment and I won’t lie- I was also very stressed back then. I’d say IVF is stressful too!

I found an amazing concealer for the bad days which gave me confidence, and I’m not one to be caked in make up.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i also think --- that your family member going through IVF that there is a huge amount of hormonal changes and pressure on the on the body. She may find once (please god) she gets her little baby that her skin in time evens out. Large boils / cystic acne are 9times out of 10 hormonal related and no amount of cleaners or acids will help. its within - and has to be treated at a cellular level. i did a derm rotation as i really thought Derm was going to be my speciality... but couldnt get over the wide array of complex skin problems that exist. Derms know that creams/ acids dont work for most acne but take the free samples and push certain products - when people cant / wont go onto tablets. I know Dr Laura would know this. and she is just scamming people. .. Your family member just has to ride it out and when she has her little baby - then there is loads (tablet wise) available to her. Just its very tough

• Heart
i also think --- that your family member going through IVF that there is a huge amount of hormonal changes and pressure on the on the body. She may find once (please god) she gets her little baby that her skin in time evens out. Large boils / cystic acne are 9times out of 10 hormonal related and no amount of cleaners or acids will help. its within - and has to be treated at a cellular level. i did a derm rotation as i really thought Derm was going to be my speciality... but couldnt get over the wide array of complex skin problems that exist. Derms know that creams/ acids dont work for most acne but take the free samples and push certain products - when people cant / wont go onto tablets. I know Dr Laura would know this. and she is just scamming people. .. Your family member just has to ride it out and when she has her little baby - then there is loads (tablet wise) available to her. Just its very tough
I’d agree- a pregnancy might see everything right itself so fingers crossed for her! 🤞 Laura is a total scam artist.

Guys thanks to everyone who kindly gave advice re the skin issue ❤
For me with Dr Laura, I can’t see how it’s right she charges you for the consult, and she will prescribe you the item she SELLS and she will post it to you. So you’ll never get recommended skin care she doesn’t sell? Surely that’s not right

So is she qualified to prescribe skincare?!
I’d love more detail on this, I understand that there are medicines, topical and oral, that can only be prescribed by a dermatologist and not just a GP. What type of products is she writing prescriptions for? Is it not just a brand that she’s trained in?
Like a GP could prescribe an oral antibiotic or a topical treatment for acne for example, but it’s not a ‘big brand skincare’ product. I need more detail 😬

Guys thanks to everyone who kindly gave advice re the skin issue ❤
For me with Dr Laura, I can’t see how it’s right she charges you for the consult, and she will prescribe you the item she SELLS and she will post it to you. So you’ll never get recommended skin care she doesn’t sell? Surely that’s not right
I’m pretty sure it’s against the code of conduct for doctors and most definitely against the code of ethics.

I’d love more detail on this, I understand that there are medicines, topical and oral, that can only be prescribed by a dermatologist and not just a GP. What type of products is she writing prescriptions for? Is it not just a brand that she’s trained in?
Like a GP could prescribe an oral antibiotic or a topical treatment for acne for example, but it’s not a ‘big brand skincare’ product. I need more detail 😬
Well... you don’t need to be a doctor to chat to someone online and sell them a skin care line with retinol and hyaluronic acid etc etc

so she’s technically “qualified”

the issue is she’s reeling people in under her title as “Dr” but she’s not practising medicine in those consults. It’s online beautician at best. I bet she successfully tricks a lot of people into thinking that they’re forking out for a medical service and furthermore, I’m sure she’s making a great profit from this trickery.

the medical council either would or should shut that and all similar practice (Dr Laura isn’t the only one) down!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve just had a look at her website and you’re spot on. She’s offering what my local beauty salon is offering. Retinol and treatments such as peels, micro needling etc. Sure there’s no medical element to this, you’re so right that she’s completely duping customers into thinking they’re getting a medical treatment because she’s a doctor. Jesus it’s actually shocking!

There’s no such thing as medical grade skincare, there is skincare and there is prescription skincare. She should be clarifying this for her customers. I say customers but she’ll undoubtedly call them patients.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Actually amazing anyone would go to her for skincare advise but can understand the desperation when you’ve tried everything else. Totally unethical to be only selling your own products as a GP. People thinking they’re getting medical care when at best they’re getting a beauty therapy session.

Also, €25 for that webinar! Joke. If you’re worried about your child bring them to the GP. If you’re unsure what to have in your first aid bag then ask your pharmacist - for free!!!!!

She can prescribe things like tetracyclines and most other oral and topical skin remedies but the more severe cases would need a dermatologist’s input and they have a licence to prescribe stronger medication. Side effects are stronger etc. Many GP’s often take on extra training in the dermatology area too, but I really doubt this is what Laura did.

Did anyone watch her live tonight ? I watched for five minutes and left. The signal was shocking on her end and She was clearing her throat loads and itching her eye constantly! Reminded me Vicky from Babyboo itching her eye non stop !🙄😬
(She should have a thread !)

• Haha
I can’t believe her , and what she is selling people , it’s disgusting and I hope the medical counsil get involved. I might be wrong maybe a doctor could correct me. Are they allowed to prescribe or promote branded products.
She definitely should not be getting involved offering products for someone receiving IVF. Maybe your cousin should ask consultant who is doing the IVF can the recommend something or a dermatologist or something and then casually drop in about DrLaura To the consultant ! Just to see what they say about her !
She is charging people to basically give health promotion advise something their public health nurse would do for free.
All she should be saying is if your concerned attend your GP , attend out of hours or attend A and E !
She is the most irritating person on social media and there is a lot of them

Reactions: 2
Point and case- she has a story right now: “swipe up” for revitalash lash treatment. Only 135e for a tube that lasts 6 months.

Eyelash lengthening or related products are about as medical as fecking flip flops. They’re not taught in medical school, in pharmacology, physiology, dermatology or any ology.

she’s an absolute disgrace!

Reactions: 7
Is she looking for free blinds now?!
Any opportunity for a freebie. Asking her followers if she needs new blinds! Well if they are broken and fallen down obviously you need new ones just go and buy them, no need to tell Instagram 🙄 her begging behaviour is disgusting. She is a doctor and can earn a good salary compared to most, she can afford to furnish her house. She has such a sense of entitlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.