Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dr Laura GP.
Joined insta a year ago wanting to talk about women’s health and break down taboos. Now has done a 360 turn into an insta hun with an AD almost every second day. She shared her inbox twice this week and she had emails begging for collabs with dummies, baby wipes, skin care (again), spf, excema cream, baby toys .... everything is gifted these days or else an AF. Has a drab overly flower style of clothes that she continues to share despite it not being particularly any style. An avid breastfeeder but moans about not having a routine despite dad being off on 6 months paid paternity leave, they have a childminder daily for the other 2 kids also! She’s planning to open a GP / skin/ women’s health clinic in Galway and the insta account has turned into an amazon add lately. For a GP it’s strange to see someone recommend so much prescription skin care without ever seeing someone’s skin. She’s had an AD with most skin brands but they have told pharmacists she was the one who approached them for the collabs. Recently went on a few free staycations and deleted snaps where she gave out about the room not being cleaned during the day. Thread was requested.

Reactions: 13
I find the sheer amount of skincare she puts up absolutely overwhelming. I wouldn't know where to even start. Probably would be directed to her store tho!! Nkrumah

The set up is weird - like you said, she's on mat leave, her husband on 6 months paternity leave yet seems to be always put golfing?

Didn't see the snaps giving out about room not being cleaned but thought that would have been standard at the moment given Covid...

Reactions: 6
I find the sheer amount of skincare she puts up absolutely overwhelming. I wouldn't know where to even start. Probably would be directed to her store tho!! Nkrumah

The set up is weird - like you said, she's on mat leave, her husband on 6 months paternity leave yet seems to be always put golfing?

Didn't see the snaps giving out about room not being cleaned but thought that would have been standard at the moment given Covid...
The snap giving out about the room was during their stay in dublin. They arrived back to the room in the afternoon and it wasnt made up.
I'm on the fence about her. Some of her content is informative but lately it's all about the skin care and ads. Every day she has an ad or gifted item up

Reactions: 4
I like her and sometimes she annoys me 😂 i find the way she gives out about the older two is a bit much, they're toddlers. Other times shes grand then. I just don't find many of her suggestions relatable because i definitely can't afford them on my maternity leave 🤣 like the £60 leopard print tee the last day. Theres only a few weeks between our babies and our toddlers so I like seeing that content

Reactions: 2
The snap giving out about the room was during their stay in dublin. They arrived back to the room in the afternoon and it wasnt made up.
I'm on the fence about her. Some of her content is informative but lately it's all about the skin care and ads. Every day she has an ad or gifted item up
She’s lays promising blogs on this and that - I get that she’s busy but maybe just stop promising them unless they’re done. It’s like she’s trying to keep the followers hanging on. I find her stupid facial expression/grins annoying when she posts her face giving out about the older 2 etc. I just find her fake she’s definitely wanting to be a big mommy medical blogger. She’s flogging excema stuff today yet none of her kids have excema , the products are new so she couldn’t have experience with them even as a gp. She would advertise a used cotton bud.

Reactions: 3
I think her kids are over-exposed, I would have hated my first few hours In this world with my mum being uploaded onto the internet for likes and new followers ...surely there are easier ways to get medical info/awareness/experiences out there. On a side note, I do feel like she’s trying to make a quick buck with the Instagram page, I used to like it, but now it’s all swipe ups/ads and basically feels like using the kids to keep her audience engaged at the expense of their privacy. I know she’s not the only one but had to say it

Reactions: 8
I think her kids are over-exposed, I would have hated my first few hours In this world with my mum being uploaded onto the internet for likes and new followers ...surely there are easier ways to get medical info/awareness/experiences out there. On a side note, I do feel like she’s trying to make a quick buck with the Instagram page, I used to like it, but now it’s all swipe ups/ads and basically feels like using the kids to keep her audience engaged at the expense of their privacy. I know she’s not the only one but had to say it
Fully agree

Typical Dr Laura.
Tonight - sees her engagement is down with the random stories on BF and bedtime. Spots a GP forum online with a course on back to school for mums and Covid and tells us this is the info we need and she is going to write a blog for us 🙄 that information is available to anyone who can google lets be honest. But she will copy and paste (like she did with the maskne- the mask acne) from other physicians and then she will remind her followers how good they are to her to share everything and tag all their friends (let’s help her grow so she can flog skincare to more and more people) ! She’s always looking to reel us in for more shares

Shes obvs well off as a doctor..but now shes turning into your typical greedy blogger..it dilutes her professionalism for me anyway..sad as at beginning was great for all the medical knowledge

Reactions: 5
Shes obvs well off as a doctor..but now shes turning into your typical greedy blogger..it dilutes her professionalism for me anyway..sad as at beginning was great for all the medical knowledge
This is exactly what I mean. Last night the tagging of clothes she would like. She did the same for all the baby stuff.

Somebody messaged her saying she was thirsty for a collab with Anine Bing, the response from her is cringe. Shots were fired 😆

Surprise surprise, she trotted out the "what if I had been reading that and suffering from post natal etc..." immediately closing down any discussion about her behaviour. She is so, so obviously trying to bait brands to her page and capitalise on her medical status for advertising/freebies, why tag them otherwise.

Feels to me like she's about 18 months behind the UK parenting blogger strategy. The Grenson boots have well and truly been purchased so if that isn't a sign then I don't know what is! Tagging every brand and influencer in her stories and calls it "sharing the love" or whatever bullshit.

The oversharing of the children is awful too, there was a potty shot at some stage some months ago so maybe she's trying to be the next MOD?! She must have read the ending of that story yet....................;)

Fair play to the person who said " thirsty for collabs" to her.. Very very true! She didnt take it well at all. I think ive said it on another thread. For someone who non stop does skincare her skin is not amazing at all. I realise she ispost partum but her skin is not glowing or fresh and she uses 10000 products all worth about 100 euro each. I am beginning to like her less and less. Her and that one Sinead from everymum are up each others arses. That one Sinead in real life is not a nice person! she is related to a good friend of mine.

Somebody messaged her saying she was thirsty for a collab with Anine Bing, the response from her is cringe. Shots were fired 😆

Surprise surprise, she trotted out the "what if I had been reading that and suffering from post natal etc..." immediately closing down any discussion about her behaviour. She is so, so obviously trying to bait brands to her page and capitalise on her medical status for advertising/freebies, why tag them otherwise.

Feels to me like she's about 18 months behind the UK parenting blogger strategy. The Grenson boots have well and truly been purchased so if that isn't a sign then I don't know what is! Tagging every brand and influencer in her stories and calls it "sharing the love" or whatever bullshit.

The oversharing of the children is awful too, there was a potty shot at some stage some months ago so maybe she's trying to be the next MOD?! She must have read the ending of that story yet....................;)
Fully agree - moved the conversation away from her behaviour and tried to make us/ the readers question our own behaviour. She is very sly. She is 18 months behind and hence why she is hanging onto Sinead from everymum to try and be a relatable mammy blogger as well.

Reactions: 5
That nonsense of ‘ what if I had post natal’ - in fact Laura I hardly see how you have any stress at all with a hubby off on paid paternity leave, a childminder for the other 2 girls and your parents looking after them while you go on freebie hotel breaks. Hardly the typical mummy story is it! Also I hate when she does the ‘ oh you guys NEED the answers to this blog and you need to share it so many of you have questions’ -
duck off. Her numbers haven’t grown in a while since she used covid firstly to grow and then the almost live stream of her section and ‘birth / gender announcement ‘ - she has a dowdy dire fashion sense every before she was pregnant or breast feeding and now she’s tagging things she would like to ‘try’ or ‘that we might like’ - all the freebies she’s asking to be sent! I know for a fact she is the one who approached certain skin care brands (and not the other way around) she sent emails to all skin brands looking for ads and freebies and she was doing the ‘look at all the followers I have ‘ . A certain skin brand are supplied by the same company that we get our salon stock from and I asked the rep why they were sending stuff to dr Laura and she told me Laura was on the beg. Also how can she be talking about what is good for execema when the baby hasn’t had excema and the product she’s on about it new so it’s not like she could have medically known it either. Also stop pulling stupid grins when you’re looking into the camera with your glass of wine. You’re not the typic mummy blogger and stop manipulating moms who following you in the hope of medical advice or chats but instead you’re flogging prescription level skin care without even seeing someone’s face !

• Heart
That nonsense of ‘ what if I had post natal’ - in fact Laura I hardly see how you have any stress at all with a hubby off on paid paternity leave, a childminder for the other 2 girls and your parents looking after them while you go on freebie hotel breaks. Hardly the typical mummy story is it! Also I hate when she does the ‘ oh you guys NEED the answers to this blog and you need to share it so many of you have questions’ -
duck off. Her numbers haven’t grown in a while since she used covid firstly to grow and then the almost live stream of her section and ‘birth / gender announcement ‘ - she has a dowdy dire fashion sense every before she was pregnant or breast feeding and now she’s tagging things she would like to ‘try’ or ‘that we might like’ - all the freebies she’s asking to be sent! I know for a fact she is the one who approached certain skin care brands (and not the other way around) she sent emails to all skin brands looking for ads and freebies and she was doing the ‘look at all the followers I have ‘ . A certain skin brand are supplied by the same company that we get our salon stock from and I asked the rep why they were sending stuff to dr Laura and she told me Laura was on the beg. Also how can she be talking about what is good for execema when the baby hasn’t had excema and the product she’s on about it new so it’s not like she could have medically known it either. Also stop pulling stupid grins when you’re looking into the camera with your glass of wine. You’re not the typic mummy blogger and stop manipulating moms who following you in the hope of medical advice or chats but instead you’re flogging prescription level skin care without even seeing someone’s face !
She doesn’t kno what lane she shud b in

She's gone awfully quiet since this thread started and someone called her out on Instagram. Love how they all say these threads don't bother them but clearly they do

She's gone awfully quiet since this thread started and someone called her out on Instagram. Love how they all say these threads don't bother them but clearly they do
Couldnt agree with this more. The content has all changed back to advice and there are way less swipe ups. she definitely is watching here. Also now trying to be a relatable normal "mammy " --- with the post last night...

I would love to think she’s taken the time to think about what sort of page she wants to have. When I think of a doctor the first trait I would expect them to have in spades is ethics. It’s so intrinsic to their job and so there is that blur/crossover with the swipe ups and the over-sharing of children. It doesn’t sit right with me maybe because I’d hold someone in that role to a higher standard. It’s a difficult one to get right! I liked what she was about but as soon as the freebies came I was a bit ‘ugh, not you too’ 😭

She had a gifted stay at the Wilder and did a terrible job of showing how nice that place is. They have an incredible breakfast and she didn’t show any of it she just showed the menu. She also tagged another hotel on her way into town from the wilder looking for another freebie hotel

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.